Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 12617 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Think its usually day before that exact schedule is released Audie, so maybe be Sunday night/Monday morn before we know.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11 PM »

any news on what time this matched be playe i just looked  and cant find anything  as of yet

Audie just read on BBC news that the order of play is to be released on sat!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Trust me,Robin Haase no chance.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30 PM »

You might be right about Berdych being the better threat. Querrey just lost a match yesterday and AO starts just next week, so he might not be a very good proposition at this point. Of course Berdych is a far better player than Querrey in terms of consistency, but I think Querrey is not as intimated by Nole. Berdych tends to get all mental against Nole at times and that’s worrisome. I am glad actually that Querrey lost yesterday because this should give him enough time to recover for the AO. Would be nice if Nole faces both to be honest and there’s a possibility of that happening as well.
I was trying to work out why Nole always an easy draw and I realised it's because he rarely ever loses to anyone outside the top 4, especially not in a Slam. I think the likes of Isner and Raonic would be the biggest threats. The likes of Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych, etc would trouble most players but Djokovic has rarely struggled against them.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 08:11 PM »

Random fact:

Did you know that Robin Haase is actually left-handed, but plays with his right?
When he was young and had no trainer, he would watch his family who were all right-handed. By copying them, he found he could serve better with his right.

A bit like Rafa-ish.. except the other way round.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Lots of sleepless nights ahead folks! I find even if im not staying up for the match, i have a really restless night with all sorts of weird dreams bout andy. Either that or im up in a cold sweat checking live scores lol.  nervous
totally agree, I'll be working in a sleep deprivived coma.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 03:02 AM »

Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting this on - busy, busy at work!
You're forgiven, Bev ... and I love the pics - a great one of Haase! Very Happy  Maybe Andy could land a serve in there?

I enjoyed that - thanks. Smile  So "at the end of the day tennis is only a sport.  It’s supposed to be fun."  Oh yeah - a laugh a minute! Rolling Eyes  I'm glad I'm retired - at least I don't have to worry about getting up for work.

Thanks for letting us know Andy won't be playing until Tuesday ... now I can get my plan of campaign underway ...

Imagine how it must feel to be a Haase supporter, and seeing your man up against USO Champion/Olympics Gold Medallist Andy Murray in the first round of a slam?  Whistle
good point Linda - indeed everyone in Andy's section might be groaning  yay
Shhh - please don't tempt fate ... nervous

Random fact:

Did you know that Robin Haase is actually left-handed, but plays with his right?
When he was young and had no trainer, he would watch his family who were all right-handed. By copying them, he found he could serve better with his right.
I knew the first bit, but not the reason why.  Very interesting, but children are good copycats, even if they often copy the things they shouldn't!  

I understand that I started off life preferring my left hand, but soon after I started primary school I switched over to using my right one.  I wasn't forced to do it, as children sometimes were in the 'dark ages', it just happened.  Unfortunately though it means that I sometimes do things in a left-handed way (or so I've been told).  I wouldn't know, because it all seems 'normal' to me.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 05:26 AM »

mens draw http://www.flashscores.co.uk/draw/SI695IzR/A7yvQom7/#draw
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 06:28 AM »

jamie baker beats donald young to qualify for ao http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2RR--XMozwW3L7twoFOvRGZ6-V8qXLN_
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 07:21 AM »

^ Thanx 4 that! Excellent news yay
Two male Brits in main draw. When did that last happen at AO?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013, 09:18 AM »

jamie baker beats donald young to qualify for ao http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2RR--XMozwW3L7twoFOvRGZ6-V8qXLN_

Thats great news!! But not so much for prodigy & his donald young obsession  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #56 on: January 12, 2013, 10:24 AM »

perhaps the training with Andy in Miami has rubbed off on Jamie B.  Apparently Andy was watching one of his qualifying matches (having checked that was ok with him). 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #57 on: January 12, 2013, 10:31 AM »

Yeah I seen that ruthie-nice of Andy to check with Jamie first, maybe he thought would make him too nervous having Andy there.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #58 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37 AM »

all part of the accumulating body of evidence, which shows what a thoughtful and kind guy our Andy is angie!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #59 on: January 12, 2013, 11:35 AM »

^ Thanx 4 that! Excellent news yay
Two male Brits in main draw. When did that last happen at AO?
Last year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »