Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 11463 times)
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #75 on: January 13, 2013, 02:09 AM »

Surely they'll close the roofs on RL and Hisense?
I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing you guys. Smile

You would assume so, however I believe when it has been mid-30's in the past they have kept the roof open Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #76 on: January 13, 2013, 02:30 AM »

You would assume so, however I believe when it has been mid-30's in the past they have kept the roof open Frown
I thought 36 was the automatic cut-off point, but I see that it's at the Referee's discretion.

In fact, for anyone who's interested -

Extreme Heat Policy

The Australian Open Extreme Heat Policy (EHP) will be applied at the Referee's discretion and may be altered at any time.

At the Referee's discretion, when the Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) [a composite temperature used to estimate the effect of temperature, humidity, and solar radiation on humans] only is equal to or above the pre-determined threshold, the Referee may suspend the commencement of any further matches on outside courts.

Any matches currently in progress will continue until the end of the current set. At the completion of the set, play will be suspended.

Where play in any match commences outdoors (or with a roof open) at the Referee's Discretion, the match will continue until the completion of the set. At the end of the set, a decision may be made by the Referee to close the roof for the remainder of the match and the following matches, when the EHP is still in effect.

The roof will only be closed because of extreme heat if a decision has been made by the Referee to suspend the completion or commencement of matches on the outdoor courts.

Supplement for women's singles and junior singles only; to allow a 10 minute break between the second and third sets when a WBGT reading of 28 has been recorded prior to the calling of the match by Tournament Control. Readings are continually made throughout the day.

The 10 minute break will not apply between the second and third sets, if play had previously been suspended after the first set due to the EHP

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/event_guide/a_z_guide.html
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 02:47 AM »

Oh! Well there you go! I would love a cut off point because even I can't deal with mid 30 degree heat!
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 02:49 AM »

Hoping this attachment works!

* BAdJtcnCIAATNqF.jpg-large.jpg (42.67 KB, 480x640 - viewed 230 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #79 on: January 13, 2013, 02:59 AM »

Oh! Well there you go! I would love a cut off point because even I can't deal with mid 30 degree heat!
Shane, where I live 25C is a heatwave!

Hoping this attachment works!
Ah that's fantastic!  Love it. Smile 
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #80 on: January 13, 2013, 03:18 AM »

Shane, where I live 25C is a heatwave!

Jealous!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #81 on: January 13, 2013, 03:22 AM »

Lookin goooood aussie andy fan!!! This is my first grand slam on murrays world but im almost sure i have seen u guys on telly b4. Certainly be looking out for u now lol  yay
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #82 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17 AM »

AussiAndyFan, like angiebabez this is my first slam on here too and I am sure I have seen you guys many times on TV before. May have even seen an interview once... I think that one is still on You Tube somewhere.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #83 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38 AM »

Jealous!
Not really.  I don't like very hot weather, and I've experienced it abroad, so know what it feels like.  It's not for me, thanks - but then I'm fair-haired and fair-skinned, so maybe that's why.

Wouldn't mind some of your sunshine though.  We had the wettest summer on record in the UK, and the winter isn't much better!
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #84 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18 AM »

Not really.  I don't like very hot weather, and I've experienced it abroad, so know what it feels like.  It's not for me, thanks - but then I'm fair-haired and fair-skinned, so maybe that's why.

Wouldn't mind some of your sunshine though.  We had the wettest summer on record in the UK, and the winter isn't much better!

No as in I would love 25C to be considered hot where I am... I much prefer the colder weather!

However, colder weather here is probably a whole lot different to cold weather where you are!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #85 on: January 13, 2013, 05:59 AM »

Yeah, white singlets with black lettering!

Today was about 24 degrees, with the next few to be mid-late 20s. Thursday is forecast to be 39 though!! WAY too hot!!

Have been to the qualifiers the past 3 days & the sun has well & truly taken its toll. Very sunburnt at the moment.

Holy crap! That's the day I arrive and when day 2 winners will play again and the day we only have ground passes. fainting Tees look good though.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #86 on: January 13, 2013, 09:10 AM »

Bev are you going? You lucky so & so  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #87 on: January 13, 2013, 10:33 AM »

Have a great time Bev and remember........you're shouting for all of us!  hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #88 on: January 13, 2013, 10:41 AM »

Shane.......I hope you and the rest of the team have a great time too and don't forget to take plenty of sunscreen with you!
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #89 on: January 13, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Shane.......I hope you and the rest of the team have a great time too and don't forget to take plenty of sunscreen with you!

Thank you! Will do, have got off to a bad start the past 3 days of qualifying though! Woops..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »