Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 14045 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #150 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27 PM »

^ lmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #151 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28 PM »

I was trying to work out why Nole always an easy draw and I realised it's because he rarely ever loses to anyone outside the top 4, especially not in a Slam. I think the likes of Isner and Raonic would be the biggest threats. The likes of Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych, etc would trouble most players but Djokovic has rarely struggled against them.

A very in-from Tsonga can be very dangerous for Nole. And if Berdych can stay together then he can be just as dangerous. He has taken Nole out of GS one time already though Nole has gotten significantly better since 2011, but grass is still not his best surface. He has lost to Berdych, Del Potro, Federer on grass so they are all threats to him on grass and Andy as well, but since this is hard court - his best surface - the threats are far less and a few. Ferrer doesn't have the mental capacity to beat Nole in a GS. A healthy and well rested Del Potro can be dangerous especially here at the AO but he's not on Nole's side. So that doesn't really leave too many players. Nole is more than likely to prevail against both Federer and Nadal, but they will be hard fought matches, but the fact remains, he's just too good on hard and only a couple of people can pose real danger. So whether he has a cakewalk or tough draw doesn't really matter, but a tough road can definitely make it harder for him to win the Slam, since either Andy or Federer won't be as ideal for him especially if they remain fresher than Nole.

Last night I noticed the ESPN team (Brad Gillbert, Darren Cahill, Mary Jo and Chris Fowler) seem to think Andy has the toughest road. This is because they took Del Potro, Federer and Nole into account. Together with the fact that it is the hardest thing to do to win your 2nd consecutive Slam. So all of them picked Nole to win the AO though I got the distinct feeling that they’d be very pleased if they were proven wrong. Brad then went on to say that Andy is going to win 2 Slams this year. He didn’t specify which two however. They all did side with an Andy/Nole final in the end.

Some Federer fans made a big deal about ESPN team not picking Federer at all but what they forget is that it’s nothing personal. They are simply going by the draws and the hottest player on hard at the moment.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 02:29 PM »

I think i may have come up with a solution!!! Go to bed at 8/9 pm, record the match & get up at 5am & watch b4 work. That way i get full sleep & can forward match through the breaks Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #153 on: January 14, 2013, 02:31 PM »

I'm thinking that I'll record the match but watch the first set. Then again, if I watch the first set I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away, so I really shouldn't even start. Trouble is, it's Andy, so knowing me I'll still be awake at 1am anyway, wondering how its going.

Andy dear, just get it done in three quick sets and I'll handle a late night/early morning....... Whistle.

cmonandy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #154 on: January 14, 2013, 02:32 PM »

The match is coming at a perfect time for me. Sorry for those who may miss this match or may not be able to watch the full match. You can always catch it later. It will get harder for us at some point I am sure – those who live in NA.

Best of luck to Andy tonight. Hope he comes out strong. The first match should have less heat too. Yesterday’s weather wasn’t too bad. I think it was lurking somewhere around the 70s. The ladies were a snooze fest so much so that I ended up watching Golden Globe until 10pm.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #155 on: January 14, 2013, 02:41 PM »

I think i may have come up with a solution!!! Go to bed at 8/9 pm, record the match & get up at 5am & watch b4 work. That way i get full sleep & can forward match through the breaks Smile
Good idea Angie......Hope that works out for you! Luckily for me, I don't have to get up for work in the morning!  Very Happy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #156 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45 PM »

I'm thinking that I'll record the match but watch the first set. Then again, if I watch the first set I don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away, so I really shouldn't even start. Trouble is, it's Andy, so knowing me I'll still be awake at 1am anyway, wondering how its going.

Andy dear, just get it done in three quick sets and I'll handle a late night/early morning....... Whistle.

cmonandy

Thats the problem once i start watching theres no way i could switch off & if it was to go 5 sets could still b sitting there at 5 am!! Yikes.........think i need to go with my 2nd plan
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #157 on: January 14, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Yaaaass!
Finally!.. the perfect time for me.

Let's Go Andy!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #158 on: January 14, 2013, 05:23 PM »

angiebabez risk it, miss a night's sleep. We con ourselves into thinking we must have 8 hours a night.You'll be surprised as to how you'll cope You'll catch up tomorrow night.
 This is what I intend to do
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #159 on: January 14, 2013, 05:28 PM »

U reckon I should bennibone! Gawd maybe I should go bed now lol Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #160 on: January 14, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Yaaaass!
Finally!.. the perfect time for me.

Let's Go Andy

Enjoy Linda!! If I were you I would be pouring myself as nice chilled vino watching at that time  cheers
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 05:44 PM »

I think I will follow the same strategy as angiebez: go to bed at around ten and get up at 3 or half past. My advantage is an hour. Then I will have had some sleep and hopefully seen an Andy win before going to work. But I am afraid of not sleeping properly as I am always quite nervous.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 05:54 PM »

When I had exams last week I got by on five hours sleep over two days and coped surprisingly fine all day.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01 PM »

My first student of the day will be ready at 8am tomorrow, so I think this teacher can't stay up all night watching tennis unfortunately.

Hope to get to sleep before it starts, but will no doubt wake up and check scores - and maybe the mood in Murray's World - my 1st birthday here yesterday!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Happy 'MW' Birthday Elena!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »