Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 15717 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #630 on: January 15, 2013, 07:59 AM »

Wooohooo. Smile
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #631 on: January 15, 2013, 08:02 AM »

It really was stunning from Andy. Quite a boring match, but he played well throughout. Can't help but think that his R2 match will be even easier.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #632 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09 AM »

I'm hoping that Andy's first few rounds will be boring, in a good way.  I think we've all earned it - Andy too! Very Happy

A few too many unforced errors, but I don't think that matters in round one, during an easy win.  You could argue that some of those drop-shots that didn't quite work, are simply practice for future rounds where he'll get it right!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #633 on: January 15, 2013, 08:30 AM »

I have to say,I think it was boring in a GREAT way!I did NOT want anything too good or complicated from Haase,not after last time,and I'm really glad everything went the way it did.I'm with Sparkle on hoping the first few will be boring in a good way Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #634 on: January 15, 2013, 08:51 AM »

I'm with you Sparkle and you Dani on this. Hell.....Andy gives us enough of the nail biting, blood pressure bustin' stuff! I don't believe there are 'any' easy matches in a slam.....Andy just made it 'look' easy! Nice to see for a change!  Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #635 on: January 15, 2013, 08:51 AM »

Now see, this is the new Andy. Quick, clean and efficient. Well done our lad!

I'm sure Andy will want to cut down the unforced errors a bit, but he surely will. It was the first round, he didn't need to be perfect, he just needed to be efficient, and he was. Haase looked quire befuddled as to what was going on, poor lamb........Not.

Andy returned well, and I loved seeing his FSP at 77%. That's pretty damned fine for Andy. Could the second serve do with a bit of work though?

The thing I loved was how Andy responded when Haase began to push him back off the baseline early in the second. No sooner as it was mentioned in commentary (by the way, is it me or is David Mercer really up himself?) Andy responded, taking control again. That was great see, him looking so proactive.

Andy did have a couple of dips in concentration, but I think it was because it was too easy for him - not that I'm complaining!

Loved the interview after the match. The man who did that was a sweetheart to him. Wonderful to hear the USO mentioned, the delight in Andy's eyes when the Olympics was mentioned will live with me for ages!

Fantastic start, onwards! Oh, and doesn't Andy look SO fit! I mean in the health sense, but that tight t-shirt is pretty effective too!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #636 on: January 15, 2013, 09:30 AM »

I just love being bored by Andy.Lets hope he's boring a few times more, till the quarters. Then I'd like him to give everyone a few masterly lessons in tennis and take the championship gracefully!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #637 on: January 15, 2013, 09:49 AM »

^ Exactly. We love boring, winning Andy Smile
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #638 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53 AM »

Pleased that Andy won so comfortably! Couldn't stay up but was checking livescores - will be watching my recording later. Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #639 on: January 15, 2013, 10:08 AM »

Well that was an effin disaster for me!!! Never again will I rely on recording Frown chuffin Eurosport decide to change match to 2 at last minute, so I got the first game in then they promptly changed back to 1 but the  recording carried on 2 some screeching womens match aaaarghh  throwcomputer so ended up getting up at silly oclock for sweet f all. At least the good news I found on my live scores/murrays world was Andy won comfortably Smile well done honey  clap

Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #640 on: January 15, 2013, 10:12 AM »

My goodness Prodigy.....That was quick! Well done you!
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #641 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15 AM »

I didn't wake up until 6am and immediately looked at the computer-magnificent Andy! Does anyone know when it will be up on youtube?
So looking forward to seeing him in action. Maybe I'll get to see the next match as I can't think he will play at 11 am again.
Sorry to hear Baker lost but at least he will go home with 18 grand.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #642 on: January 15, 2013, 10:16 AM »

Thanks, I wanted to get it up before I went to sleep so the guys on here who didn't stay awake for it coukd watch asap Smile. Sorry about the first game being missing... The unibet stream I sometimes cap from didn't start on time (and also begun from the second game) and this was the best Eurosport stream I found, which unfortunately had eurosport international, which started late because of some stupid Dakar Rallly replay.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #643 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21 AM »

Thanks Prodigy-have a good sleep.
I will sit and watch it with a cup of coffee, bliss.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #644 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31 AM »

I've already slept :P now watching more Tennis before University Very Happy, can't get enough! Luckily my timetable is great so I still can watch most of the AO Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »