Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 12938 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #660 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14 PM »

Well done Andy, next round against the #100 ranked player who normally plays in the Chalenger circut.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #661 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Have just watched the match.  It was great to see Andy's wonderful arsenal of shots.. Haase is no mean player but looked as if he was thinking 'what can I do he is everywhere'.  Andy looked so composed and relaxed.  He did not need to play in top gear either.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #662 on: January 15, 2013, 04:36 PM »

Forgot to say earlier, someone mentioned what Andy wrote on the camera after the match. I think it might have been something to do with Ross Hutchins.

In one of the articles on Ross he refers to a nickname Andy calls him that no one else does. Andy wrote the name when he won Brisbane. I can't remember what the name is, but know it began with P. Apparently Andy has been using this nickname for Ross for years. I'll see if I can find the article and find out what the name is. At least then I will make sense.

He called him Petchers. I'm sure  Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #663 on: January 15, 2013, 04:48 PM »

He called him Petchers. I'm sure  Smile
You're right.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #664 on: January 15, 2013, 05:11 PM »

You're right.

It's Perchers, I just checked. No idea what it's about, but there we are.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #665 on: January 15, 2013, 05:13 PM »

I thought Ross said it was Perched,in one of his interviews? Could be wrong though!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #666 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Wow Prodigy, I just watched the match, thank you so much!! And the interview, surely won't show that here in the US.  I will send that URL to my home email and save on my computer.  I loved how fast Andy was in this match zinging the balls left and right and wonderful net play.  I think that Haase got a lot of balls back and the match could have gone either way had it not been for Andy's smart playing.  I wasn't too happy about the breaks of serve on Andy's side, but when you are two breaks up, it's easy to get a little loosy goosey and lose concentration, the important thing was that Andy was able to come right back.

Thanks again!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #667 on: January 15, 2013, 05:17 PM »

I thought Ross said it was Perched,in one of his interviews? Could be wrong though!

I stand corrected. It was Perched. Being tired has clearly got to my brain lol.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #668 on: January 15, 2013, 07:18 PM »

I think half of MW are feeling a bit tired today. I am normally an early bedder but awake at 12.00am with no explanation about the match. So I went to sleep and woke up to find my box was not recording. Then when I checked it said that the match was on the other eurosport channel. So I set it to record but you would think they would give people a warning about change of time and channel. So I was able to watch the match this morning. Great match by Andy a good all round performance.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #669 on: January 15, 2013, 08:06 PM »

Incredible isn't it?

People will see what they want to see.
Extremely odd. Don't really understand where this articles coming from - or going to.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #670 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Great stuff Andy. Great interview at the end. Looking so relaxed. Nice to see A.N.D.Y back again. I do love the Australian open & i think its gonna be Andy as he has been so close in the past. Will never tire of hearing U.S open & olympic champion Andy Murray. Looking forward to the season.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #671 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27 PM »

Smile
Thanks so much for doing this.  It's great to catch up on the whole (almost) match.

Earlier someone commented that they thought one end of the court was harder to serve from due to the sun.  I agree, and it was something noted by the running commentary in The Guardian too.  IMO, several of what might be described as unforced errors from both players were partly down to it too.  It must be really tough.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #672 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27 PM »

I stand corrected. It was Perched. Being tired has clearly got to my brain lol.

I think it is 'percher'  You could read it more clearly on today's camera - and it is also mentioned in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2259745/Ross-Hutchins-My-bond-Andy-Murray-help-win-2013-Australian-Open.html
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #673 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38 PM »

I think it is 'percher'  You could read it more clearly on today's camera - and it is also mentioned in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2259745/Ross-Hutchins-My-bond-Andy-Murray-help-win-2013-Australian-Open.html

I was right! My brain really has gone wonky lol, not to mention my eyesight lol. I thought it was Percher, and checked, but I think my brain convinced me it said something else, which is weird.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #674 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36 AM »

I thought it might be, given that it was quite a long name he wrote.

Extremely odd. Don't really understand where this articles coming from - or going to.
Have only just read it.  Pathetic, especially as I don't think it's true that the Aussie have 'gone off' Andy, given the massive cheers he got in the on-court interview, particularly, for whatever reason, for his Olympic win.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 16, 2013, 04:48 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »