Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R2: Murray [3] vs Sousa 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 39 (90.7%)
Murray in 4 - 3 (7%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (2.3%)
Sousa in 3 - 0 (0%)
Sousa in 4 - 0 (0%)
Sousa in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R2: Murray [3] vs Sousa

(Read 9561 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa OR John Patrick-Smith « Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 02:11 AM »

Sousa beats Smith in straights.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa OR John Patrick-Smith « Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:31 AM »

Sousa beats Smith in straights.
And that's another reason for holding off opening a thread - please MF wait until we know for definite who Andy's next opponent is, so can you now edit the title otherwise it can cause confusion, and also it doesn't look very efficient.  You have 24 hours in which to do it.

This isn't criticism, btw, just some friendly advice. Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 09:26 AM »

MuzzaFan.....The person who opens the match threads used to always provide the 'head to head' too, so are you up for that?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Agree about not starting thread to soon - all of us who are superstitious get v anxious!  But Caz in fact it was often bev who added H2H.  I know whenever I've started a match thread I've looked to the expert to do it!
Re the match sounds like Andy's main opponent will be searing 40 degrees heat  shocking
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 01:08 PM »

That's right Ruthie!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11 PM »

Does anyone know anything about Sousa? Would just like to know what to expect from his game if possible, although I suppose we'll find out on Thursday.

Noticed VW coming over all 'supportive' of Andy, suggesting Sousa can book his flight any time he likes after he's played Andy. Don't get me wrong, I hope she is right and expect her to be, but I thought it was a bit catty. Can't imagine Andy would think a huge amount of the comment, he never assumes a thing, even if it might be what he secretly thinks.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 01:47 PM »

I think Sousa will be a bit more of a challenge than Haase, more variety to his game. Haven't seen much of him but do remember him getting in a right piss last year against Granollers at the French, can't remember why.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 03:34 PM »

I think Sousa will be a bit more of a challenge than Haase, more variety to his game. Haven't seen much of him but do remember him getting in a right piss last year against Granollers at the French, can't remember why.

Okay, that could be interesting then. Ooh, a temperamental type huh? That might be fun with Andy's ability to make opponents almost tear their hair out lol.

Thanks for the info.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41 PM »

I cant believe someone gets so much heat for opening a thread on an internet forum wow.  Add a poll pal.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14 PM »

Of course Marek Smile

MuzzaFan.....The person who opens the match threads used to always provide the 'head to head' too, so are you up for that?

Bev is still heading that up. She does a fantastic job and I don't want to steal her thunder. This time though it does not matter as the H2H stands at 0-0.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Okay, that could be interesting then. Ooh, a temperamental type huh? That might be fun with Andy's ability to make opponents almost tear their hair out lol.

Thanks for the info.
Just had a look for a video.

It was more of a hot tempered argument than Sousa losing his rag actually, so I was wrong there. Not really sure what it was about - anyone speak Spanish or Portuguese? Granollers seemed to be the more wound up.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 05:15 PM »

Just had a look for a video.

It was more of a hot tempered argument than Sousa losing his rag actually, so I was wrong there. Not really sure what it was about - anyone speak Spanish or Portuguese? Granollers seemed to be the more wound up.

You beat me to it, I was going to post that one. Granollers did look the more wound up, I agree. Would love to know what it was about.

Reminded me a little of the set-to Andy had with Delpo in Rome(?) some years back. The same sort of atmosphere with the umpire not doing much about it. Ah well, all good fun lol.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Of course Marek Smile

Bev is still heading that up. She does a fantastic job and I don't want to steal her thunder. This time though it does not matter as the H2H stands at 0-0.
That's great MuzzaFan, because it must be hard to find some of those cracking pics she uses!  Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 05:32 PM »

That's great MuzzaFan, because it must be hard to find some of those cracking pics she uses!  Smile

Yeah. Besides gives me one less job. But, my creative skills are no where near as good as Bev's so leave her to it I say!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 R2: Murray (3) v Sousa « Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 06:01 PM »

Who is Sousa indeed. I know he is Portuguese and it's a rare breed in men's tennis. lol. But No. 1 player from Portugal nonetheless. I take it his best surface is clay since he made his first grand debut at RG and lost to Granollers in the 1st round in 4 sets. This is probably the 2nd time he has qualified to play in another GS. 23 years of age and right handed. Currently ranked at 100 (Rosol was here when he beat Nadal just last year). Hasn’t made any ATP finals or won any titles. So pretty small fish in a big sea. Still, he can get all pumped up at the sight of Andy. Here’s his golden chance to play one of the top players. If I was a tennis player, I’d live for moments like these.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »