Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions -
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Berankis in 3
Berankis in 4
Berankis in 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis

(Read 11893 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray vs Berankis « Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 11:12 PM »

I'm looking forward to this one. I don't know Berankis at all, but Andy obviously does, so that's good lol. Andy obviously thinks he's good enough to practice with too, although practice isn't the same as playing.

I think Andy's on a nice roll now. He looks good, his game seems to be lifting bit by bit, and he didn't seem phased at all by the heat today, so he's obviously fit.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Berankis push Andy a bit, but I don't see it being anything other than straight sets.

I did read somewhere that after today the weather is supposed to cool, i.e go back to the 20s, which will help if it is so. Still, it didn't appear to bother Andy today.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray vs Berankis « Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 01:33 AM »

click 'show more matches' for more details http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/YX6s226H/#h2h;all
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray vs Berankis « Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 03:19 AM »

Andy is 3rd on RLA tomorrow. Smile Approx. 2.30 am.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 04:51 AM »

^ On the face of it, these should be two fairly quick matches, but I think Serena's Japanese opponent could give her some trouble, so maybe 3:00 am? Smile

P.S. - The time can always be changed nearer the event, depending on how earlier matches progress.

^ I was surprised that MuzzaFan didnt start this thread Wink
I did apologise to him by PM ...

I don't want to be picky Aileen, but you wouldn't mind putting the (3) after Murray would you?
Since I stole your job, especially as you had everything ready (sorry about that), I will Smile - but it never used to be the practice on MW to put Andy's seeding beside his name because we all know it anyway.  However if you want to put players' seedings in the thread title, then that's fair enough, but I think it would look better in square brackets because that's how it usually appears on the tournament websites.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 05:14 AM »

Yes, I know. I think they will be fairly quick though since both opponents are unseeded. We'll see. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25 AM »

Yes, I know. I think they will be fairly quick though since both opponents are unseeded. We'll see. Smile
Beware of unseeded opponents - they can sometimes cause the top players problems!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29 AM »

Beware of unseeded opponents - they can sometimes cause the top players problems!

Yeah, but Serena and Vika usually blast past their early-round opponents. If these were ATP matches, I would think differently.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17 AM »

Can't believe it another day (middle of night for us) match.  But I guess it might benefit Andy as it's supposed to be cooler tomorrow and could therefore be really cool by the evening as temperature can drop quickly in Melbourne. And as it's a Saturday there'll be a big crowd.  So surely, assuming he gets through ok [and never take anything for granted in tennis is my motto] he must have a night match on RLE on Monday - not that it helps me as don't think I can watch Monday morning.
Berankis looks a bit of a sweety and from the way Andy talks about him sounds like he is.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 07:46 AM »

Really awkward time as I am on a plane at that time. Even though in oz most probably match not on mainstream tv and I will have to rely plan Eurosport to record it. Head down  bum up and concentrate Andy.  Congrats to Laura last night painful match but gripping to see if Laura won
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 08:34 AM »

At this stage of the tournament, you should assume they are all on a roll and playing their best ever tennis, above their ranking.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07 AM »

I'm looking forward to this one - never seen Berankis play though have heard a lot about him.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15 AM »

At least Andy has practised with him and knows what to expect.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 11:52 AM »

I don't want to be picky Aileen, but you wouldn't mind putting the (3) after Murray would you?
My goodness, how pedantic can people get.  Next you'll want to show the size of Murray's jockstrap.   Unbelievable.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 12:54 PM »

Should be an interesting match, sounds like this guy likes to hit the ball hard and flat. Hopefully he is as one dimensional as Hasse and Murray bamboozles him.

Surprised that a qualifier has got through to R3 of a slam without dropping a set!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 01:02 PM »

Should be an interesting match, sounds like this guy likes to hit the ball hard and flat. Hopefully he is as one dimensional as Hasse and Murray bamboozles him.

Surprised that a qualifier has got through to R3 of a slam without dropping a set!
I get the impression he is someone whose ranking doesn't do justice to his abilities because he's had a number of time outs for injuries.  But Andy will know what to expect given they practise together.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »