Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions -
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Berankis in 3
Berankis in 4
Berankis in 5

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis

(Read 11959 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #765 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Tomic showing what he's made of. CMON
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #766 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Do you have a live stream Connor?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #767 on: January 19, 2013, 09:36 AM »

http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/streams/1/eurosport1.html
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #768 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37 AM »

6-5 Fed. Tomic tightened up.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #769 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37 AM »

Thanks hug
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #770 on: January 19, 2013, 09:38 AM »

6-4 7-6 Fed wins set.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #771 on: January 19, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Great...just when I was getting my hopes up  doh
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #772 on: January 19, 2013, 09:40 AM »

stop posting in this thread. . use the other AO player thread
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #773 on: January 19, 2013, 10:48 AM »

I didn't see all of the match, I woke up (as if by magic lol) towards the end of the second set and saw the match out.

From what I saw of the match it wasn't Andy's best performance ever, but still, a win is a win. He got through an opponent he made quite clear would be tough (it was some of us who made light of Berankis) because of his game style, in straight sets and in only just a bit over two hours. That's not at all bad. I would go as far as to say that in a sense it might have done Andy a bit of good to have been pushed a bit today, albeit by someone he was likely to get through eventually, because if we're honest he has pretty much cruised so far. I'm sure this one will sharpen him up nicely and he will come out firing next week. I know it is an obvious thing to say, but you can't win a major in the first week, but you can lose one. Andy is still there, has played some good stuff more often than not this week and I'm sure he will peak at the right times next week - again, what's the point in peaking in the first week if it then all turns to crap in the second? Not that it will!

As for the wind, Andy often takes a bit of time to make the adjustment in the wind, but then he usually gets a grip and works it out. It sounds to me as if he did that today.

As for Berankis, I always think people don't give qualifiers enough credit. Berankis would have played three matches to even get in to the AO, so he would have been pretty sharp going in to this one today. Also, because he practises with Andy from time to time the sight of Andy over the net is probably not unusual for him in itself, he would have had some idea of how Andy would play. Berankis must also be pretty good, I mean what is the point in one of the top players in the world practising with a rubbish player? Not much I would have thought. However, Andy practising and Andy in battle as it were, is two different things. Andy's consistency got him through today by the look of it, and you can't fake that. I must say though, if Berankis can become consistent over time he will go places. He strikes a very good ball.

As far as I'm concerned Andy is doing fine so far. He is yet to drop a set, has been relatively calm, and has got through to the fourth round with little fuss. So far so good. There are some things to work on, fine, but cometh the hour, cometh the man and all that.

I enjoyed the interview. I like Jim Courier on the whole. He's pretty good with Andy. Enjoyed Andy sticking up for himself (in a fun way) over the issue of frustration lol. Pots and kettles Jim lol.

Looking ahead to next week, no Cilic or Delpo in the way. When I looked last it looked like it would be Simon in the fourth round. Chardy in the quarters? I wonder how long it will be before the cynics amongst us mention Cincy? Whistle.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #774 on: January 19, 2013, 10:53 AM »

cilic out, Del Potro out, I want more of these surprises!
  Not too many surprises, Want to see Andy in the Final! ( Though it would be nice if Djoko wasn't there!)
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #775 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55 AM »

Teejay - well said! The voice of reason. Onwards and upwards. Good posting! cmonandy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #776 on: January 19, 2013, 11:00 AM »

Teejay - well said! The voice of reason. Onwards and upwards.

Well, you know, I do try, especially when I've got money on the man to win the thing  Whistle. No, seriously, I just don't see anything to panic about.

Mind you, a question for you experts, not a trick one either, I've no idea what the answer is, but would love to know. Has Andy ever got to the fourth round of a major without dropping a set before? I'm not sure he has.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #777 on: January 19, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Teejay - well said! The voice of reason. Onwards and upwards. Good posting! cmonandy

Yeah....good posting yes

And welcome wimbledonwestie!! wave
Love your avatar...damn cute Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #778 on: January 19, 2013, 11:03 AM »

I see a lot of complaints, but what's the point in Andy playing his best if he doesn't NEED to?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R3: Murray [3] vs Berankis « Reply #779 on: January 19, 2013, 11:12 AM »

I see a lot of complaints, but what's the point in Andy playing his best if he doesn't NEED to?

Exactly!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »