Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 39 (68.4%)
Murray in 4 - 4 (7%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 4 - 0 (0%)
Simon in 5 - 0 (0%)
Simon loses his legs and concedes the match - 12 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14]

(Read 9173 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #150 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07 AM »

D'you remember the last time he played an injured Giles Simon in Paris, in 2011?
Simon hobbled around, couldn't run for toffee and Andy worked him from left to right, and drop shots within 2 cm of the net to make it impossible for him to reach.

The Frenchies were livid (understatment) were cussing, breathing fire and brimstone at Andy because he took advantage of his apponents disability. Sacrebleu!
Expected him to feel sorry for Simon and give him the match out of sympathy.
Hope there's not too many Frech fans there. Watch this space tomorrow!

I do remember that, but it was Monte Carlo I think. The crowd were going mad at Andy, who thoroughly enjoyed playing the villain! They obviously thought Andy was going to play nicely and hit the ball to Simon.

I just hope Andy doesn't do a Lendl and hit Simon with a shot (although Lendl would disagree lol). If Andy did I could imagine a tired Simon either bursting into tears or passing out, which might be quite dramatic, but not a good idea for his credibility.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #151 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I'll be off to sleep soon too as crazy as it sounds but I feel it's a best solution to my dilemmas.

While I feel sorry for Simon, I hope he doesn't surprise us all and for that reason, I want Andy to take this match very seriously and come all prepared. No more Berankis please.
Well he said he was prepared for Berankis ... Whistle  I'm sure though that he won't be taking anything for granted in this match either.  Simon is wounded, but wounded animals can often put up a fight, even if only for a short time.  Anyway he's got 'Killer' Lendl to keep him right!

I just hope Andy doesn't do a Lendl and hit Simon with a shot (although Lendl would disagree lol). If Andy did I could imagine a tired Simon either bursting into tears or passing out, which might be quite dramatic, but not a good idea for his credibility.
Talking of hitting people with a shot - I've just looked at a clip of that part of the Djoko/Wawa match where Djoko tries to return a Wawa serve (which, as it happens, was just wide), and the ball hits a net post ballkid on the side of the head ... cue for some angry noises from the crowd, although no harm was done.  Yeah, right - so Djoko in the first point of the crucial 4th set TB decides he's going to have a little fun and rough up a ballkid ...Rolling Eyes  Time some people grew up!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #152 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32 AM »

Djokovic was trying to knock Federer off 'Best ballkid catch in history' which was achieved last year from a Federer shot.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #153 on: January 21, 2013, 12:37 AM »

Djokovic was trying to knock Federer off 'Best ballkid catch in history' which was achieved last year from a Federer shot.
Why aren't you in bed MF?  No school tomorrow?
IP Logged
boreddrummer

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #154 on: January 21, 2013, 12:38 AM »

Hey folks, was wondering if someone might enlighten me as to why Murray is not on until 6am at the earliest? It's just according to the order of play I'm looking at he's 3rd on the Hisense Arena after a men's singles and women's singles - I thought matches got going at midnight, why 6 hours to finish the 2 prior matches? Or does that court not get going till later?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #155 on: January 21, 2013, 12:45 AM »

I normally stay up late during AO. I had about 30-40 hours sleep last week so I'm not fatigued.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #156 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46 AM »

Also the snow is plummeting it down here. So here's hoping to the state of my abysmal school tomorrow.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #157 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08 AM »

^^ That's what I love about Britain today - a bit of snow and the schools close! Rolling Eyes  I can perhaps understand it the country but not in towns and cities.  My school in Edinburgh never closed, and we had to sit in classrooms wearing blazers and scarves because there was no heating either.  It wasn't very pleasant, yet somehow we survived. Whistle

Hey folks, was wondering if someone might enlighten me as to why Murray is not on until 6am at the earliest? It's just according to the order of play I'm looking at he's 3rd on the Hisense Arena after a men's singles and women's singles - I thought matches got going at midnight, why 6 hours to finish the 2 prior matches? Or does that court not get going till later?
Hi boreddrummer! wave  Welcome to MW.

If you look at the schedule again on the AO website you'll see that play starts at 11 am Oz time (midnight GMT) with a Legends' doubles match, so Murray's match is actually 4th on Hisense, with the first singles match not scheduled to start before 12:30 pm Oz time (1:30 am GMT).

Hope that helps. Smile
[ Last edit by Aileen January 21, 2013, 01:20 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #158 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10 AM »

Also the snow is plummeting it down here. So here's hoping to the state of my abysmal school tomorrow.

Same here... although I dunno why I'm getting over excited... not in Uni tomorrow any way.
IP Logged
boreddrummer

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #159 on: January 21, 2013, 01:42 AM »

Hi boreddrummer! wave  Welcome to MW.

If you look at the schedule again on the AO website you'll see that play starts at 11 am Oz time (midnight GMT) with a Legends' doubles match, so Murray's match is actually 4th on Hisense, with the first singles match not scheduled to start before 12:30 pm Oz time (1:30 am GMT).

Hope that helps. Smile

Thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks for your response, clears that up Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #160 on: January 21, 2013, 02:10 AM »

Welcome bd!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #161 on: January 21, 2013, 02:39 AM »

Welcome Boreddrummer!!
What channel is the match playing on in England.....is it still Eurosport?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #162 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52 AM »

Meanwhile Chardy/Seppi slogging it out.  Seppi just took the first set 7-5.  Chardy had treatment for something during the break (ads got in the road unfortunately), but possibly his left knee, which is taped.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #163 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56 AM »

Welcome Boreddrummer!!
What channel is the match playing on in England.....is it still Eurosport?
I imagine so because I'm watching the Chardy/Seppi match livestreamed from Eurosport.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #164 on: January 21, 2013, 03:27 AM »

Chardy took the 2nd set 6-3 and is 2-1 and a break up in the 3rd, so this will go to at least 4.

Anyway I'm off to bed.  It could be a long wait for Andy's match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »