Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 39 (68.4%)
Murray in 4 - 4 (7%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 4 - 0 (0%)
Simon in 5 - 0 (0%)
Simon loses his legs and concedes the match - 12 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14]

(Read 11837 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Yes I saw some of the match. Neither Simon or Monfis could hardly walk they were both exhausted. How is he going to play Andy on Monday. He is going to, need a lot of rest to recover.We will just have to wait and see. The one thing about Simon is he is dogged.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 04:36 PM »

I'd have thought playing Simon would be a good way of Andy playing himself back into his rhythm given the nature of their matches so I hope he does play.  But even with a day's rest, given he appeared to have 2 different injuries as well as looking utterly knackered, difficult to see what he can do against Andy.  And he will go in with that H2H engraved on his heart.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45 PM »

I feel Andy and Simon face each other quite often and Andy beats him with relative ease and after what Simon has gone through with Monfils, I'm betting for a straight sets victory Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:14 PM »

I'd have thought playing Simon would be a good way of Andy playing himself back into his rhythm given the nature of their matches so I hope he does play.  But even with a day's rest, given he appeared to have 2 different injuries as well as looking utterly knackered, difficult to see what he can do against Andy.  And he will go in with that H2H engraved on his heart.

My feelings exactly. Loved that last sentence too. Painful, but so true.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Can't think of a worse opponent for Andy at this stage. Bad news.

Are you being sarcastic?
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Strange match to watch...Simon is one of my favourites and he comes from Nice as does my wife.....Simon V Murray could have been a tricky but good match for our Andy but I feel it may now be routine. The draw has opened up for our boy with Cilic and Delpo both disapearing...looking more like the Fed. If Andy can maintain his level of serve and regain the rythm should do it (we hope, we pray) That leaves the Jok....bring on the heat as he can suffer a bit...am I looking tooo far ahead????
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Time for Andy to start to play as Maria Sharapova did against her opposition this week with no Mercy!

I loved to play for enjoyment which is what Andy seems to do naturally but it comes with a price of some unexpected losses.

With Simon so tired that match should be easy but if he plays that way against Seppi or Chardy he may well not get to the semis and lose the opportunity to up his game as he usually does for the better players?

This is an important weekend for some straight talking from Lendl to ensure that he tries to destroy opposition next week and keeps on track towards his dream of another major win. That would be good for the rankings and set him up for the season.

IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 05:30 PM »

In fairness to Andy he did not look like losing at any time, he did what he had to do. He is through and has not lost a set. You can not ask for more than that.  He will be ready...make no mistake!!!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 05:34 PM »

Andy to beat GSimon in three, and that's if Simon even plays. He didn't look good today at the end of his match don't see how he can recover completely in time for his next match against Andy. And he will need to be 100% to play even then he will lose.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 05:42 PM »

lets hope simon does play...we dont want murray going into the latter stages undercooked...didnt work out for federer at the USO when he got a W/O
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:04 PM »

lets hope simon does play...we dont want murray going into the latter stages undercooked...didnt work out for federer at the USO when he got a W/O

I agree with that. Also, someone needs to run Fed's legs off before the semi's. I was sort of hopeful that Tomic would help with that, but it was too much to hope for. I'm not saying Andy needs that sort of help, but boy would I enjoy watching Federer get knackered. I know, I am a bad person Whistle.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 06:08 PM »

If you are a bad person TJ that means most of us are!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15 PM »

99% of MW are in that category then lol!!  Hope Ranonic can push Fed.  Come on Andy !!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 06:26 PM »

If you are a bad person TJ that means most of us are!

Ah well, I'm in great company then!

I have to say I don't hate him, I just despise him to the depths of my soul, which probably amounts to the same thing!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 06:43 PM »

99% of MW are in that category then lol!!  Hope Ranonic can push Fed.  Come on Andy !!
I love being that 1%
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »