Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 39 (68.4%)
Murray in 4 - 4 (7%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 4 - 0 (0%)
Simon in 5 - 0 (0%)
Simon loses his legs and concedes the match - 12 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14]

(Read 10183 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #45 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Will be in snowbound Dusseldorf from tomoz. The hotel better have Eurosport or I'm coming home. I'll have my laptop - anyone know any good streams* for the desperate?

*That don't result in that hideous iLivid thing implanting itself on your hardware.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #46 on: January 19, 2013, 11:06 PM »

Ihope he doesn't have to meet Chardy,he can be a problem and beat Andy last year in cinc ,h e also took out Delpoto .
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Ihope he doesn't have to meet Chardy,he can be a problem and beat Andy last year in cinc ,h e also took out Delpoto .

Isn't it annoying when the H2H doesn't work on the ATP site, no matter how slowly you type the player's names?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #48 on: January 19, 2013, 11:24 PM »

The draw is looking absolutely perfect now for Andy.  Andy will beat a tired Simon in straights (he always beats Simon easily anyway) and then with DelPo out he will have a favourable QF whoever its against. Maybe Chardy?

But who were the commentators during the Beranki match who said Andy always has an easy draw at the Slams? Thing is it only looks easy because the so-called top guys Andy is supposed to be playing usually get knocked out before they meet him.

Simon Reed and Frew McMillan talked about Andy's 'easy' draws. My blood pressure has just come down off the ceiling. Add in Chris Bradman at the end of the match just being a prize prat as usual.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Simon Reed and Frew McMillan talked about Andy's 'easy' draws. My blood pressure has just come down off the ceiling. Add in Chris Bradman at the end of the match just being a prize prat as usual.

They hate Andy on Eurosport. It's the Swiss mist.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29 PM »

Andy lost to Chardy in Cinci right off the back of winning the Olympics and having to pull out of Toronto with an injury i.e. he was knackered. I honestly doubt it will be that relevant. Andy will have to play well, don't get me wrong, but if I recall right his H2H over Chardy, like most French players to be honest (what is it with Andy and French players?) is very good, so while neither we or Andy can get complacent, Andy has a very good chance.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 11:31 PM »

They hate Andy on Eurosport. It's the Swiss mist.

They have some of the worst monotonous commentary ever, could do with a master class from commentator extraordinaire-Mark Petchey!!!!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 11:33 PM »

They have some of the worst monotonous commentary ever, could do with a master class from commentator extraordinaire-Mark Petchey!!!!

I HATE Bradnam. Some people are pseuds, fakes. He sounds like one of them.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 11:36 PM »

Op op op op oppan Bradnam Style
Bradnam Style
Op op op op oppan Bradnam Style
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Poor guy had to be helped in the tunnel and refused a wheelchair.
He was also unable to do his post-match interview.
I know - and exhaustion and injury aren't a good combination either.  I agree with Robbie that fitness is the key here, although as a top 20 player, I wouldn't have expected Simon to be that exhausted after this match, especially as it wasn't played in extreme temperatures.  He needs to have a word with his fitness trainer, I think.  Also Simon has been without a coach since September last year, so maybe this played a part here too.  I wouldn't though rule out Simon attempting to play Andy - Gallic pride, and all that - but I really would have preferred Monfils as his opponent.  Their H2H is 3-2 Andy, and they last met in 2010 - in Toronto, where Andy won comfortably, and again in Paris, where the situation was reversed - although Murray fans may wish to draw a veil over that one.

Andy doesn't need a walkover in any sense of the word.
I think you can look at it two ways - either from the point of view of conserving energy, or the fact that most players, including Andy, would prefer to keep the momentum going, and he's going to have a long gap if he doesn't play on Monday.  OK, so he can always practise, but there's big difference between that and playing a match, and I'm not amongst those who are taking Andy reaching the SF for granted.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #55 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43 PM »

I wouldn't have expected Simon to be that exhausted after this match, especially as it wasn't played in extreme temperatures.  He needs to have a word with his fitness trainer, I think. 

Gilles has a glorious suntan. Enough said.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #56 on: January 19, 2013, 11:45 PM »

But I still need an answer: can anyone recommend a live stream?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 11:53 PM »

I love being that 1%
Angel.  icon_angel_not That's why I look up to you Robbie, my roll model.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #58 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57 PM »

I felt quite sorry for Simon after the match. He won, but you would never have known it. At the risk of sounding cruel, he looked like he was dying out there. Still, you have to give him credit for fighting to the end.

I suppose you could question Simon's fitness, but then again the top four have raised the fitness bar so high, maybe we look at it in the wrong way, i.e that Andy and co. are ridiculously fit whilst players like Simon are the norm. Just a thought.

Speaking of Andy playing Simon, wasn't it Simon who twisted his ankle playing Andy in Monte Carlo a couple of years back, when Andy was booed (in that way the French do, bless them) for making him run?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03 AM »

But I still need an answer: can anyone recommend a live stream?
Patience, my friend. Smile  I've been using http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-live-streaming-video.html - but on Google Chrome.  Can't get rid of that stupid iLivid thing on IE anyway.  It's very aptly named, really!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »