Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 39 (68.4%)
Murray in 4 - 4 (7%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
Simon in 4 - 0 (0%)
Simon in 5 - 0 (0%)
Simon loses his legs and concedes the match - 12 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14]

(Read 10587 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #105 on: January 20, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Do think Simon will be a bit daft if he does play. He must be risking a greater injury, and he has got the ranking points and the prize money for getting into the 4th round.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #106 on: January 20, 2013, 04:31 PM »

I agree about the night matches I cannot understand how Smugfed always comes out smelling like roses. How does he always seem to have the best draws. I agree about Simon he looked exhausted and was with the Dr 3 hours after the match finished.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #107 on: January 20, 2013, 05:13 PM »

I agree about the night matches I cannot understand how Smugfed always comes out smelling like roses. How does he always seem to have the best draws. I agree about Simon he looked exhausted and was with the Dr 3 hours after the match finished.

how is it?.....coz the Oz open organisers want a Fed to progress in the tourno coz it= $$$ and Media attention. If they cant get an oz player to progress they want Fed.

I think they they give him a pre match pedicure...a pre match video on how he is a genius legend of tennis...a lifetime supply of toblerone...a warm lasting hug..and a packed lunch/dinner and snack ..incase he gets peckish....bless 'im...You can Do it Roggey! Now get out that wheelchair and you show 'em who is the Goat!....

Twat! hope Raonic tears him a new one...and i dont like him either.
[ Last edit by ABF January 20, 2013, 05:24 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #108 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Let's Go Andy! Let's Go! yay yay yay
I would've gone for Andy in 3 even if Simon were fighting fit, but I notice someone Rolling Eyes has picked Simon in 3.  Rolling Eyes
Such confidence in Andy. Thought this was a Murray fan site too. Silly me.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Well BBH anything on this site is possible as you well know. For me Andy is always a winner and always will be. However it begs belief that someone on MW posted such a result.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #110 on: January 20, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Well LLB I suppose anyone could register on here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 06:01 PM »

Do think Simon will be a bit daft if he does play. He must be risking a greater injury, and he has got the ranking points and the prize money for getting into the 4th round.
Why wouldn't he play...he's on a win win .....He,ll get all the sympathy going and Andy will take advantage of him not doing enough training,being unfit and become enemy no 1.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #112 on: January 20, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Apparently Simon was in hospital today getting a check up, but I read a report he isn't backing out or down when the fight is taken to him.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #113 on: January 20, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Just occurred to me - I hope Lendl thinks carefully before issuing his usual last minute exhortation to "just go out and bury the guy" 
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #114 on: January 20, 2013, 06:21 PM »

You would think that Fed was #1 with all the special treatment he gets. Very sick of him. Andy's match today will perhaps get him used to playing in the cooler air, meanwhile fed could use some of the Aussie heat of the day... Let him sweat.

What tv station is the match playing on in Britain? They will probably show the match on laver and not Andy's in the US.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #115 on: January 20, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Why wouldn't he play...he's on a win win .....He,ll get all the sympathy going and Andy will take advantage of him not doing enough training,being unfit and become enemy no 1.
Just occurred to me - I hope Lendl thinks carefully before issuing his usual last minute exhortation to "just go out and bury the guy" 
Point proven.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #116 on: January 20, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I would've gone for Andy in 3 even if Simon were fighting fit, but I notice someone Rolling Eyes has picked Simon in 3.  Rolling Eyes
Such confidence in Andy. Thought this was a Murray fan site too. Silly me.
I never vote, but I know people who always place bets (with or without money) that their favourite player/team will lose on the presumption that it softens the blow if it happens.  The alternative is that someone ticked the wrong option - something I've been known to do too.

IMO, Simon in 5 would be the most ridiculous option.  If he were to cause an upset, he'll need to do it fast - by his own admission, lol.  Not exactly fighting talk, but he does seem keen to do his best, which I admire.

On the subject of being an Andy fan site - I find it just as odd that a thread on a specific match against a specific player gets taken off-topic just to have a go at another player.   I can't say I'm fans of all of the players, and I think Fed is as insincere as the next sane person, but the casual way it seems ok to randomly abuse him in the middle of any old thread is off-putting and makes it look as if Andy's fans are insecure and a bit nasty, not to mention detracting from what Andy is actually doing. 

I know there are threads in the general tennis section for other players, so would it be too much to go there if you feel like a rant please? Smile
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #117 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36 PM »

I never vote, but I know people who always place bets (with or without money) that their favourite player/team will lose on the presumption that it softens the blow if it happens.  The alternative is that someone ticked the wrong option - something I've been known to do too.

IMO, Simon in 5 would be the most ridiculous option.  If he were to cause an upset, he'll need to do it fast - by his own admission, lol.  Not exactly fighting talk, but he does seem keen to do his best, which I admire.

On the subject of being an Andy fan site - I find it just as odd that a thread on a specific match against a specific player gets taken off-topic just to have a go at another player.   I can't say I'm fans of all of the players, and I think Fed is as insincere as the next sane person, but the casual way it seems ok to randomly abuse him in the middle of any old thread is off-putting and makes it look as if Andy's fans are insecure and a bit nasty, not to mention detracting from what Andy is actually doing. 

I know there are threads in the general tennis section for other players, so would it be too much to go there if you feel like a rant please? Smile

insecure coz of comments against Fed?   lol...get a grip...its a fans forum ... its called banter....hardly nasty ...at least what ive read and written. Maybe you should relax and not take things said on an open forum so seriously.
IP Logged
treggers

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #118 on: January 20, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Agree with sparkle.  I'm all for slagging off f***fed but people chill a little!!!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 R4: Murray [3] vs Simon [14] « Reply #119 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02 PM »

I think Joker is in trouble now after that marathon match versus Stan. Can he recover in time to beat both Berdych and Ferrer to reach the final? I can definetly see Berdych giving him another strength sapping match in the QFs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »