Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer  (Read 15537 times)
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #135 on: January 24, 2013, 04:05 PM »

I am so darn anxious to watch this match!!!! Getting so nervous already and don't really know why..... cmonandy
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #136 on: January 24, 2013, 04:31 PM »

blimey fedlover Wade tips Andy to win as does Greg R who is v positive about Andy these days.

They all three did - Miles McLaggan included.  Don't know whether that's a good thing!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #137 on: January 24, 2013, 04:33 PM »

He is getting older and time catches up to everyone.  Of course given his history of antagonism to Andy I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just a ruse.

I actually feel confident for Andy's chances in this match as long as he manages his nerves well.  I'm American so I follow the NFL closely and there's a saying in it that goes, "Act like you've been there before."  He should take this statement to heart.
Welcome American, I too am one.
IP Logged
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #138 on: January 24, 2013, 04:34 PM »

why is it that in a best of 5 set match Andy's game doesn't match up nicely to Federer's?

I think Fed feeds off of Andy, I think Andy riles him!
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37 PM »

The reason for my nervousness is that I desperately wish Andy to win, and in an encounter with Fed it can go either way (as the H2H suggests). Why should Andy do it tomorrow? First, because he will extend his advantage over Fed and be one of the very few with a positive performance against the "GOAT". Second, he can stop Fed from reaching another GS final with the chance of finally winning it. wimbledon was painful enough. And enough is enough ( 17, 18 titles - who cares, apart from himself and his entourage and his greedy fans). Other players also deserve their share. It is time for Andy to catch up!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #140 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01 PM »

why is it that in a best of 5 set match Andy's game doesn't match up nicely to Federer's?

It might not have matched up in the past, but I think that was more to do with Andy lacking belief than not being able to play for a sustained period. Now he knows he can, because he has done it.

Andy doesn't rile Federer, he gets right under his skin these days. We saw it in the Olympic final and in the Shanghai semi's, where Andy wiped the floor with him.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #141 on: January 24, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I think Andy will do this with out any trouble.....well a little sweat no doubt.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #142 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Could be. From my take on it the top 4 seems to have an interesting dynamic.

Murray: Respects all. Gets on with Rafa and Nole. Dislikes Fed.
Fed: Respects himself. Gets on with Rafa. Dislikes Andy.
Rafa: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Nole.
Nole: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Rafa.

IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #143 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Could be. From my take on it the top 4 seems to have an interesting dynamic.

Murray: Respects all. Gets on with Rafa and Nole. Dislikes Fed.
Fed: Respects himself. Gets on with Rafa. Dislikes Andy.
Rafa: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Nole.
Nole: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Rafa.

Hmm, I don't think Rafa and Nole dislike each other. Fed and Nole don't like each other much though...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #144 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26 PM »

I have a bad feeling about this one.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Not so sure about Rafa respecting Smugfed I am sure there is some animosity between them I think it was at the 2011US Open when there was an arguement about the timing of the semi finals when Andy,Rafa and Roddick did not agree to play the semi's and have the final the following day. Also he would not support a players boycott for the following year (the players wanted an increase in the prize money) so I do not think there is a lot of love there.
IP Logged
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 05:31 PM »

It might not have matched up in the past, but I think that was more to do with Andy lacking belief than not being able to play for a sustained period. Now he knows he can, because he has done it.

Andy doesn't rile Federer, he gets right under his skin these days. We saw it in the Olympic final and in the Shanghai semi's, where Andy wiped the floor with him.

But in fairness the Olympics is NOT a grand slam and wrt Shanghai we know Andy can beat Fed outside the Grand Slam's.

I don't think form really comes into it, Federer always seems to come up with the goods when it comes to Andy in the slams.

Alas, I hope it will not be the case tomorrow!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #147 on: January 24, 2013, 05:54 PM »

But in fairness the Olympics is NOT a grand slam and wrt Shanghai we know Andy can beat Fed outside the Grand Slam's.

I don't think form really comes into it, Federer always seems to come up with the goods when it comes to Andy in the slams.

What Andy needed to do to win the Olympic gold was beat Federer in a five set match. He did. What he needs to do tomorrow to get into the AO final is beat Federer in a five set match. Sounds exactly the same to me.

There is going to come a time when Federer won't 'come up with the goods'. He knows Andy is not the same as when they met in Australia in 2010. He knows Andy got close at Wimbledon, and he ought to know how Andy beat - no, flattened him, at the Olympics. Federer will be wary of Andy now, and he will need to be.
IP Logged
Jade Fox

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #148 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Roger didn't look all that great in the first two sets of the Wimbledon final.  The rain delay and closed roof helped him out a bit.

And I do think Andy's mentality has affected their meeting as well.  It's easy to dominate when your opponent has completely lost the plot mentally.  The pressure of winning a Slam would get to him at those times IMO.

I wouldn't bet money on Andy winning but I do think that this match will be much closer than in the past.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #149 on: January 24, 2013, 06:07 PM »

I have a bad feeling about this one.

That's just pre-match nerves. Doesn't mean a thing Very Happy.

It's probably mad, but I worry less and less about Andy now, probably because he won the USO and the Olympics. The thing is, if he wins tomorrow he has a crack at the final, and I think a great chance. If he doesn't then he just moves on. Nothing changes, nobody dies. Sure, the press will talk about him 'going backwards', but that's okay. They've got no idea.

The way I look at it is that Federer is not unbeatable. Just because Andy is yet to beat him in a major it doesn't follow that he won't. I think Andy looks like a man in charge of his own destiny now, and I think it is his destiny to beat Federer tomorrow and Djokovic on Sunday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »