Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 17251 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #150 on: January 24, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Hi guys!Took a little longer than I'd originally envisioned,as I ended up staying a couple extra days,but I'm finally home and back on MW Very Happy Very Happy

I'm simultaneously excited for and dreading this match.So excited,because I really think Andy is well capable of winning this,but at the same time-it's Federer.I may not like the man,but I respect his tennis enough to never count him out,y'know?And actually,the last time I felt really confident about Andy playing him was before the WTF.And we all know how that went!!So I dunno,maybe the fact that I'm nervous is a good thing!

But now I'm kind of unsure whether or not to watch the match-it's stupid and superstitious,I know,but Andy's been doing so well with me not watching,if I watch and he loses,I'll feel like it's at least partly my fault!!And yes,I know that I'm on the other side of the world,and have no impact at all on the actual tennis being played.I know it's silly of me!  Rolling Eyes I can't help it-I just want this so badly for Andy!!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #151 on: January 24, 2013, 06:20 PM »

Well said TJ1; If Andy can get past Federer tomorrow he will have made the final in three GS in a row. Not even Nole has done that in the last 12 months. But it will also show the world (what we have been talking about over the winter) that he is overhaulling the Fed and will find his place at world number 2 very soon. If he does not get the better of Fed tomorrow then Federer will increase is ranking points total over Andy.
[ Last edit by dex January 24, 2013, 06:42 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #152 on: January 24, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I think in this match up  it's always played on Roger's terms       Think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #153 on: January 24, 2013, 06:30 PM »

Could be. From my take on it the top 4 seems to have an interesting dynamic.

Murray: Respects all. Gets on with Rafa and Nole. Dislikes Fed - Dislikes no one
Fed: Respects himself. Gets on with Rafa. Dislikes Andy - Dislikes Nole
Rafa: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Nole
Nole: Respects all. Gets on with Andy. Dislikes Rafa - Dislikes Federer

^^ That's my take.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #154 on: January 24, 2013, 06:36 PM »

I think in this match up  it's always played on Roger's terms       Think

I think you think wrong. lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #155 on: January 24, 2013, 06:40 PM »

I think in this match up  it's always played on Roger's terms       Think

No offense meant at all,but I really,really hope Andy proves you wrong tomorrow!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #156 on: January 24, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Hi guys!Took a little longer than I'd originally envisioned,as I ended up staying a couple extra days,but I'm finally home and back on MW Very Happy Very Happy

I'm simultaneously excited for and dreading this match.So excited,because I really think Andy is well capable of winning this,but at the same time-it's Federer.I may not like the man,but I respect his tennis enough to never count him out,y'know?And actually,the last time I felt really confident about Andy playing him was before the WTF.And we all know how that went!!So I dunno,maybe the fact that I'm nervous is a good thing!

But now I'm kind of unsure whether or not to watch the match-it's stupid and superstitious,I know,but Andy's been doing so well with me not watching,if I watch and he loses,I'll feel like it's at least partly my fault!!And yes,I know that I'm on the other side of the world,and have no impact at all on the actual tennis being played.I know it's silly of me!  Rolling Eyes I can't help it-I just want this so badly for Andy!!

I have been watching recording all fortnight due to work but can watch live tomorrow. I am the same as you though he has done so well without me do I stay away.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #157 on: January 24, 2013, 06:45 PM »

I think you think wrong. lol

Think about it though  If Roger plays well  he is going to win   8 times out of 10    if Andy plays well and Roger is just a step  too slow  then it's  50/50.   
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #158 on: January 24, 2013, 06:51 PM »

I have been watching recording all fortnight due to work but can watch live tomorrow. I am the same as you though he has done so well without me do I stay away.

So I'm not alone in my dilemma!It's silly of me,I know,but I just don't know what to do!!But then again,even if I do decide not to watch-I don't know how I'll keep myself from watching,knowing it's being played!Ugh,hate feeling all indecisive and frazzly....
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #159 on: January 24, 2013, 06:57 PM »

welcome home dani.  You better not tell us if you watch as if you do and Andy loses we'll all know whom to blame!
I'm feeing nervous too - first time really this AO.  I shouldn't allow smug to get under my skin but he does and I can't bear the thought of him beating Andy yet again in a GS match.  I know I must have faith in Andy's ability to beat him because beat him he can.  I hope Andy will be true to his t-shirt and crush smug.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #160 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01 PM »

In their 19 meetings, Federer has only out-aced Murray THREE times!  lol Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #161 on: January 24, 2013, 07:03 PM »

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #162 on: January 24, 2013, 07:04 PM »

Think about it though  If Roger plays well  he is going to win   8 times out of 10    if Andy plays well and Roger is just a step  too slow  then it's  50/50.   

I think the problem is that they've rarely both played well at the same time. Many of their match scorelines are lopsided victories in favour of one or the other. I'd hope that on this surface if they both played their top tennis, then Andy would win (similarly Roger would have the advantage at Wimbledon).
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #163 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05 PM »

I think Andy should actually try taking something off his serve and getting a higher percentage of first serves in against Federer. Not every serve obviously, something like a third of them maybe.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #164 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07 PM »

If they both play well and both in prime, then it's anybody's game.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »