Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16983 times)
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1515 on: January 25, 2013, 02:22 PM »

It's a hugely significant win and no-one should be-little it.

And how significant will it be if he loses on Sun....just sayin  Whistle
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1516 on: January 25, 2013, 02:23 PM »

Gonna have to sign off now guys,gonna watch the replay under the red button on BBC.But this win over Fed has made my day i'v waited a long time for our Andy to beat Fed at a grandslam event,and now i wait no more.Such an ungracious a person as Federer didnt deserve to win.He needs to take a leaf out of Andy's book and learn how to be gracious win or lose.
IP Logged
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1517 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25 PM »

That's great Angie! Glad you got to see the most important bit! Yes, some MW members only pop in once in a while, but I post fairly often and I have a great life! How about you?

Posting 15 times a day for the last 3 yrs, Yes Caz I can imagine that your life is hard to keep up with... rofl...
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1518 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25 PM »

Most of us on MW are just happy that And beat Smugfed I think we should keep it to that. We are happy and pleased he won and there is nothing wrong with that, We hope that he will go on to his match with Nole and be very very happy when he beats him. Were is the harm in that.
IP Logged
Jade Fox

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1519 on: January 25, 2013, 02:26 PM »

And he wins it on Rabbie Burns Day........
Andy should be having his haggis and bashed needs for his dinner.....

Is Haggis healthy?  Just curious.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1520 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27 PM »

Is Haggis healthy?  Just curious.
If you catch them at a year old then yes.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1521 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27 PM »

not good coverage on the Beeb for those that recorded it there!  Switched to BBC1 after fourth set. I imagine that many will be irate about not having final set recorded?  Goes with the territory on tennis coverage? Eurosport was not helpful in early rounds also.

I am surprised that we still get stirrings up after such a good win. Over 25 more points won is a huge difference even over 5 sets. WELL WELL DONE ANDY.

He looked by far the better player even if he had the blips when it costs dearest to lose two sets on the way.

If he beat Joker on Sunday he would go to world number 2 by just 15 points. Go for it! That would be the best of bonuses? I have not seen all posts but what did Fed say to Andy that made him make such a grotesque face?

March on Sunday!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1522 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Yes no doubt he has improved, but beating Fed is just a hurdle, the Final is on Sunday against Nole (who i regard as being fresh and ready rather than too cooled off).

My point is lets not all get too euphoric over him beating Fed when Sunday is and was always going to be the real test...
Look we have to enjoy Andy's wins, lord knows we've suffered and morned over his losses.  More than the win is winning over someone who is arrogant and not really nice to Andy.  So for Andy to do this is kudo's to Andy!!  I loved the look on Andy's face with his bottom lip jutted out as he looked at Fed.  I'm just so happy that Andy has reached this point in his tennis.  God bless Ivan and his team!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1523 on: January 25, 2013, 02:32 PM »

This match is coming at 2:30pm our time on TSN again so looking forward to that already. Maybe Scot can catch it too. I think this time I'll be able to assess the match a bit better. Need to get some housework done before then  though but glued to the computer at the moment. It's going to be a big snow day for us so it's good either way that I took the day off. Got about 3 hours of sleep last night but we have tonight to catch it up.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1524 on: January 25, 2013, 02:32 PM »

Look we have to enjoy Andy's wins, lord knows we've suffered and morned over his losses.  More than the win is winning over someone who is arrogant and not really nice to Andy.  So for Andy to do this is kudo's to Andy!!  I loved the look on Andy's face with his bottom lip jutted out as he looked at Fed.  I'm just so happy that Andy has reached this point in his tennis.  God bless Ivan and his team!!
And so say all of us on MW.
IP Logged
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1525 on: January 25, 2013, 02:32 PM »

Believe me I have always thought Fed to be a smarmy git (for years and years). I am pleased, but in my eyes, unless he lifts that trophy on Sunday then its all been for nothing. If people want to disagree then that is fine. But that is my opinion at the end of the day.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1526 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33 PM »

Fabulous Andy and thanks for wrapping it up 10 minutes before we had to leave to pick up a hire car in Limoges to get us up to Paris tomorrow.
I really want him to win on Sunday but he may be tired. Just so thrilled he beat the Smugfed, not so smug now is he?
Well done Champ!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1527 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33 PM »

Yeah guys,  you are right. sorry to get drawn into a silly argument this is a time to be happy. Apologies on my part I'm just so hyper c ya all on Sunday x
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1528 on: January 25, 2013, 02:36 PM »

federer wont like the comments from the studio regarding how murray reacted after he won Smile

they said it looked like he thought that, well, i expected to win anyway rofl

murray remained focussed and bossed the match, i was a little gutted for him that he couldnt do it in 3 or 4 sets but a win is a win. Looking forward to another classic match on sunday

how close is murray to 2nd spot now?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1529 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37 PM »

If you catch them at a year old then yes.

roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »