Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 18996 times)
Thevalley
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 05:59 PM »

Im in a real quandry Frown i should be at work friday, i have a half shift finishing at 12pm although the match prob be all but over by then, i could take a days holiday but they are precious & havent many to spare......but on other hand i HATE thought of missing this. Please help make my mind up guys....answers on a postcard please 

You are looking a bit under the weather......

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08 PM »

anyone got times yet?
Audie 8-30 am is match start time.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 06:09 PM »

You are looking a bit under the weather......

Ha ha do you know I am feeling a bit iffy & I think its just gonna get worse as the week goes on  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Don't tempt me teejay  Think

Go on, be a devil, you know you want to lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Ha ha do you know I am feeling a bit iffy & I think its just gonna get worse as the week goes on  Whistle

See, I'm psychic lol.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Must win for Andy. There's no way no how. It’s missing from his recently updated resume. There's no better time to get him and it's here now. I find this match very important...more so than a final win if he makes it (knockwood).

Federer will try his best to serve his mind out something he couldn't do as well against Tsogna today but that's his main strength and he will rely on it as if there's no tomorrow. So I am sure that will be Andy's main target to break it down. Andy knows exactly what needs to be done so that's a comforting factor. But he needs to execute it as well so there lies the real challenge. Federer won't give it go Andy so Andy will have to earn it. 

Advantage:
- Massive experience playing in bigger matches (3 Slam finals and Olympic Gold) against Federer
- Semi-final match so less pressure and a golden opportunity
- Fresher of the two and younger
- Slam pressure has been dealt with and it's already in the bag
- Evening match
- Revenge is on the cards

Disadvantage:
- Hasn't been tested
- Pressure to finally win a match against Federer in a GS environment. Federer will try his best to capitalize so further challenge
- Mental lapses
- 2nd serve
- Passiveness

Andy must keep his 1st serve percentage very high and stay focused until the last ball is played and he's won the match. Attack Federer’s both serves and keep the pressure on. Match and surpass Federer off the ground. Can’t afford mental lapses and can’t afford getting broken especially at the later stage. Finally, mix the 2nd serve up and play intelligently. Keep Federer out of his hitting zone.

Get him, Andy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28 PM »

This match could go either way. I mean Federer never plays badly, he sometimes meets a superior in Andy, Novak and Rafa. He can beat anyone else on any given day.

It'll all be down to Andy, if he can play his VERY best, aggressive tennis. Fedface is almost as fresh as a daisy, like Andy. Good thing Jo-Wilfried made him sweat for 5 sets, but he'll be well recovered by Friday.

I am off on Friday, so I can watch it Very Happy Yeahhh
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Is it too early yet to start taking bets on how quickly Federer starts looking for signs of rain during the match, or when he dishes out the first insult to the umpire?

Also, do we want Carlos Ramos in the chair, like at the Olympic final, or Wayne Thingy (I can never remember his name!) as in the USO final. I'm thinking Wayne, because he did the Olympic semi too, and this is a semi, although he'll need to be on the ball.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 06:35 PM »

I took Friday off too. I don't think I'll be able to concentrate at work at all so why bother.

Federer will undoubtedly raise his level and will be very, very keen. I am not reading too much into his last match against Tsonga. He's a top player and very experienced, so he probably put that behind already. Will use the crowd to his advantage as well.

All Andy needs is to stay focused and confident. He has the game to take it to Federer. It's not like Federer won't be nervous at all. You put pressure and he becomes very error prone. 
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36 PM »

Can't wait for this. I think it's going to be a fantastic match and I'm struggling to predict how it will go.

I think this is mainly due to Murray's draw, it's been fairly low-key and uneventful so it's hard to gauge how well he is playing.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41 PM »

If it is gut feeling you want...Andy has blown away all the guys put in front of him ...with relative ease. The Fed is playing great and at the right times against Tsonga he delivered big time...like he did at Wimbeldom. But there is an aura around Andy at the moment and if he serves well he can do it. He sure can. I think this will be Andy's final. 'Cause (gut feeling) he knows he can beat 'superman'!
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51 PM »

and will!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56 PM »

I think I saw somewhere that there may be storms in Melbourne that day. So can we start a collective prayer [secular for those of us who are non-believers] that the weather's ok so that they don't close the roof.  I've voted Andy in 4 purely on instinct.  
Heard a snatch of smugfed's interview saying how pleased he was for ANdy when he won his first slam and gold medal.  Re gold medal who are you kidding?  And somehow even when he's saying nice things about Andy he manages to come across as patronising.  Oh and thanks for giving us a laugh with the pic on the h2h!
So Andy will be only player in SFs who has not lost a set and will be much the freshest.  Glad he's going to practise under the lights.  Somehow I don't feel too woried that he'll be 'undercooked; - hope I'm not being Pollyanish.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Andy is ready!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Most are going with Andy in 4 sets basically everywhere. So that's a bit pressure. Let's keep our take more on the reasonable side just in case.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »