Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 19388 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 07:12 PM »

I think I saw somewhere that there may be storms in Melbourne that day. So can we start a collective prayer [secular for those of us who are non-believers] that the weather's ok so that they don't close the roof.  I've voted Andy in 4 purely on instinct.  
Heard a snatch of smugfed's interview saying how pleased he was for ANdy when he won his first slam and gold medal.  Re gold medal who are you kidding?  And somehow even when he's saying nice things about Andy he manages to come across as patronising.  Oh and thanks for giving us a laugh with the pic on the h2h!
So Andy will be only player in SFs who has not lost a set and will be much the freshest.  Glad he's going to practise under the lights.  Somehow I don't feel too woried that he'll be 'undercooked; - hope I'm not being Pollyanish.

Agree with you completely. Pleased Andy won the gold medal my.....foot. He might not mean to be patronising, but it does sound that way. I can just never quite believe that Federer isn't playing mind games, although you do have to wonder at the wisdom of reminding Andy of the day Andy splattered him all over the Centre Court at Wimbledon.

I don't feel remotely worried Andy will be undercooked. I can see the idea of a player who has been tested is ready, as in the way Andy was at the USO, but there is also the theory that if you get through as quickly as you can there will be more in the tank when it is needed. Andy will have a lot in the tank for sure. He hasn't wasted energy in getting embroiled in long matches, he hasn't used up energy berating himself, or, on the flip side of that, being over exhuberant when he has won his matches. He's got on with the job in hand one round at a time.

The bigger question for me is Federer. I suppose today's match with Tsonga wasn't unduly long, but Tsonga did put Federer under a lot of pressure for the vast majority of the match. It does tend to be the case now that he takes a while to recover from long matches, but I also wonder if it will take him time to recover from the pressure he was under, because surely that must be as tiring, mentally more than physically, as playing for a long time.

Oh, and if it rains for that semi I will be having words above lol.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Come on that man- our very own Andy Murray clapping
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Audie 8-30 am is match start time.
oh now sugar and double sugar and i cant get the day off 
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I cant watch this either got one really important meeting 8.30 on friday should be done by 10 but once im there i cant go home i'll have to stay for rest of the day i cant make up a random illness cos evryone knows i like Murray and will put 2 and 2 together!

I will sky+ it and see... if Andy loses I'll be kinda glad i didn't see it but if he wins, i'll watch the replay and look forward to Sunday, so I guess its not that bad.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37 PM »

Well done Andy on your great win knew you would do it. Now go whip feds butt in the semies. Know you can do it gone for you in three but if it takes four that's OK a wins a win.
Thought you would win the tournament before it started and am sticking with that. ,
Hope I don't jinx you as that is not my intention. God bless and good luck as always for the semis.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 07:42 PM »

I can watch it here in France and I'm positive Andy will win but we have to be at the airport in Paris by 12 noon latest on Sunday  so I hope they have wifi. If not I will go crazy wondering what's happening.
I stupidly booked a Sunday flight home to avoid weekday traffic leaving Toronto.....seriously bad planning on my part.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 07:44 PM »

I voted Andy in 5 (sorry for lack of faith)  but hope he takes him out in less.  cmonandy
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Was it two years ago that I made the same mistake of planning a trip on the day of the final with Andy in it? Since then I have been very careful with certain days. nevertheless, on Friday I am going to have a two-hour-gap to possibly watch the first two sets. If Andy cannot take the upper hand then, I will be a bundle of nerves. and when I am done with my job, I will hardly dare to look at the scores. To me it is fifty-fifty, but a defeat by Fed weighs double, as does a victory. And, btw, after the WTF it is Andy's turn again to win.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31 PM »

oh now sugar and double sugar and i cant get the day off 

Snap!! I do have a half shift tho that is pretty useless as match most likely be done or into 5th set time I get home Frown
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Most are going with Andy in 4 sets basically everywhere. So that's a bit pressure. Let's keep our take more on the reasonable side just in case.

My gut feeling is that Andy will win decisively.  Whether that means 3 sets or 4 I can't say. And I still have that odd hunch that Djokovic won't make the final. But who knows, I may just be fantasising.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40 PM »

I watched Andy's match live, and I've just finished watching the entire Fed/Tsonga match.

I want Fed to bring this game to Andy, because Andy will be all over it like a rash.

Can't wait!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 08:55 PM »

CMONNNNN ANDY     Very Happy      Very Happy   Very Happy     

Honestly felt that this AO has went far too quickly.           BAM   the first grand slam is over.. just like that.... weird  huh
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 08:59 PM »

As regards Andy being undercooked remember he also won 4 matches at Brisbane to win that tournament just before this Slam. He's in great shape.
IP Logged
treggers

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 09:01 PM »

I think Andy will embarrass Federer.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 09:07 PM »

I call it a gut feeling when I make a decision about something based on information I pick up subconsciously. In this instance it was the case that I subconsciously picked up cues from Andy at the WTF and somewhat in Brisbane as well which made me feel that he was not confident about his game when pitted against the top players. But I couldn't explain to somebody what exactly the tells in his body language were that made me think that, hence the gut feeling.

Now Andy has got through to the semis though those tournaments are starting to look a distance past. I'll never know, maybe Andy wasn't confident during the WTFs with playing the top players or maybe he was, but it seems likely to me now that his thought process has probably changed significantly during this tournament and I'm really sure what he will be thinking now going into the match with Federer.

I only make bets when I think I have sufficient information to go on.
I had a similar feeling after the draw, despite Andy's record against Del Potro I had a nasty feeling he might find his comeuppance in the QF.

Obviously Del Potro ended up being the one to get shocked by a lower ranked opponent and Andy has come through in flying colours, so all worries were banished and my feeling was wrong.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »