Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 18641 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #210 on: January 24, 2013, 10:23 PM »

I want this match and the final so much for Andy, but I fear Djokovic, I must say. If Andy gets to the final, he'll have a mountain to climb.

Just watched the Djoko - Ferrer match and Nole blew him away. I have never seen Djoko with so much confidence as today. He is so full of himself and this  helps him win, no doubt about that.

Andy cmon yeah

Its funny after USO for a bit i was living off the high, and i did wonder if i'd ever feel as totally involved in a GS again, but right now i most certainly am!

My anxiety now is crazy my dinner isn't being well digested and fat chance of SLEEP! I am desperate for Andy to beat Fed, oh so much I'd love it if he could pull it off absolutely love it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #211 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Think about it though  If Roger plays well  he is going to win   8 times out of 10    if Andy plays well and Roger is just a step  too slow  then it's  50/50.   

Work it out though John. By your calculations how does Andy lead Federer 10-9 in the h2h?

The way I see it is that Andy needs to play the aggressive tennis he plays against everyone so often now. He must not let Federer get on to his forehand and dictate, thereby pushing Andy around. If Andy takes the match to Federer he has a great chance. If he can make Federer move a bit he will outlast him.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #212 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27 PM »

Andy knows all the tricks now. I wouldn't be so scared of Djokovic, Ferrer is 5 (now 4) in the world, he is a league below the top 3 and certainly was not expected in any sense to win that match. Besides Ferrer had a tough one against Nico and he looked very tired out there today. Andy knows what it takes and I don't see him backing down as easy as Ferrer did today. Do not fear.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #213 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33 PM »

I think Andy should actually try taking something off his serve and getting a higher percentage of first serves in against Federer. Not every serve obviously, something like a third of them maybe.

All through the tournament Andy has been taking a bit off the first serve for the first couple of points or so, then, once he is established in the game, going for bigger serves. It appears to have done his FSP's the world of good.

I hope Andy goes for it on the second serve.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #214 on: January 24, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Rather surprised to see that BBC2 is covering the match tomorrow morning at 8.15.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #215 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Well I'm headed to bed and looking forward to the match. See you all in the morning wave
I've got the day off tomorrow, which is great for the match, but first got a dentist appointment at 8 am! I hope Andy is in top form  flex  and gives me something to smile about after the dentist.

I'd better hit the sack now zz , so good night Hazy and everyone.  Catch you all tomorrow. 
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #216 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51 PM »

I think the only reason Novak won so easily ,was the David had not recovered fron his 5 setter with Almago,and will do it tomorrow with Roger.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #217 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Work it out though John. By your calculations how does Andy lead Federer 10-9 in the h2h?

The way I see it is that Andy needs to play the aggressive tennis he plays against everyone so often now. He must not let Federer get on to his forehand and dictate, thereby pushing Andy around. If Andy takes the match to Federer he has a great chance. If he can make Federer move a bit he will outlast him.
Agree completely Teejay! I posted a similar comment a day or so ago.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #218 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I think the only reason Novak won so easily ,was the David had not recovered fron his 5 setter with Almago,and will do it tomorrow with Roger.
David was visibly tired in addition to looking his age for the first time, I thought. That aside, the accuracy of Djokovics shots was absolutely amazing.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #219 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15 PM »

Its funny after USO for a bit i was living off the high, and i did wonder if i'd ever feel as totally involved in a GS again, but right now i most certainly am!

My anxiety now is crazy my dinner isn't being well digested and fat chance of SLEEP! I am desperate for Andy to beat Fed, oh so much I'd love it if he could pull it off absolutely love it.
Eat?  Who can eat....not me, maybe drink, but not eat!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #220 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27 PM »

Uh.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #221 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57 PM »

How so?

I'm in a dilemma too because I have to go out and catch a haggis to cook for visitors who are coming tomorrow. The match won't be on until 03:30am for me, so I might have to PVR and watch early morning.

My sympathies for those of you that have to be up during the middle of the night to watch this - 9.30 pm for me cmon yeah
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #222 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35 AM »

The second set is a must win.
IP Logged
morog

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #223 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48 AM »

good luck to andy tomorrow. If he can come out like Lendl wants him to and i am sure he will,he has a really good chance of making it to final, he has just got to show how dominant he can be, he seems to have this strength of character most of the time, your turn has come i am sure.
group hug everyone yay

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #224 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48 AM »

I keep on getting Rachie and Dani confused.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »