Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 19395 times)
treggers

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #225 on: January 25, 2013, 12:54 AM »

I think Murray will humiliate Federer.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #226 on: January 25, 2013, 01:30 AM »

Ughhhhhhh. Roger's gonna win. It's inevitable. Frown. I feel sick.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #227 on: January 25, 2013, 01:57 AM »

I feel oddly calm about this. I can't watch this one live so I will PVR and watch in the morning.
So for me it's a bit like going in for surgery.. you go to sleep, you can't do anything about it, you wake up and it's all over.
I'm trusting Andy to bring his best tools and be a surgeon on the court.

Bring it Andy!

And I have a message from him for anyone who is nervous :

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #228 on: January 25, 2013, 02:14 AM »

Love it Linda lol

From the AO website

Day 12 preview: A whole new ball game
Friday, 25 January, 2013
By Tom Tebbutt

Friday night will see no repeat of the Rod Laver Arena scene three years ago when Andy Murray lost in the final to Roger Federer and dissolved into tears, famously saying, “I can cry like Roger, it’s just a shame I can’t play like him.”

No repeat because the loser of an Australian Open semi-final usually doesn’t get a chance to do an on-court interview appearance after the match.

Murray’s heartfelt sentiments following the 2010 final came from a 22-year-old who had not yet established his bona fides in the elite rung of world tennis.

Three years later, fresh from triumphs at the last two major events in the sport – the Olympic Games and the US Open – Murray is transformed in mind and body.

A mere glance at his pectoral-accentuating adidas top confirms that he has developed a seriously sculpted physique. And his psyche has been relieved of the burden of having to end that 76-year old Grand Slam drought by British males, which dated back to the 1930s and Fred Perry dashing about in white trousers.

Murray’s undeniable physicality stands in stark contrast to Federer, who joked this week that he wasn’t about to remove his shirt after winning as Novak Djokovic  sometimes does. Because of his “little left arm,” Federer said, “it would be a bit embarrassing.”

Both players appear in positive frames of mind heading into their marquee semi-final.

“I’m feeling a little calmer maybe than usual,” Murray said comparing himself to 12 months ago at Melbourne Park.

“I did well,” Federer commented after masterly managing the ebbs and flows of a 7-6(4), 4-6, 7-6(4), 3-6, 6-3 victory over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Wednesday night. “I’ve been moving well all week.”

Federer and Murray have played 19 times, with Murray ahead 10-9, but Federer has won their three previous Grand Slam meetings at the loss of just one set.

Although they split two matches late last year – Shanghai (Murray) and London (Federer) – the two that are most relevant to what happens in Rod Laver Arena on Friday night both took place at the All England Club last July. Federer won the Wimbledon final 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4 and then Murray took the gold medal 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 at the Olympics.

At Wimbledon, after two extremely competitive sets, the roof was closed and Federer soared, playing sublimely to simply outclass Murray.

At the Olympics, it’s hard to imagine the Swiss wasn’t feeling the effects of his 3-6, 7-6(5), 19-17, nearly four-and-a-half hour, semi-final with Juan Martin del Potro when he played Murray two days later. For a seven-time Wimbledon champion to win only three games on grass over the first two sets seems unusual, to put it mildly.

He insinuated as much earlier this week and has said in the past, “I don’t know what I was, just maybe not so sharp.”

The style and content of Federer’s matches with Murray have evolved over the years. As Federer noted Wednesday, “it’s changed a bit because he’s playing more offensive. The rallies aren’t as long and grueling as they used to be.”

Backing their charges in the stands will be Paul Annacone for Federer, and Ivan Lendl for Murray. Annacone is a personable, gentle fellow who sits courtside with admirable equanimity, all things concerned.

Lendl is a brooding Buddha, not giving anything away – except the wisdom that has helped take Murray’s game to a new level, one that makes picking a winner of Thursday night’s match a 50-50 proposition.

TOM’S INTREPID TIP

Murray def. Federer in four: With their six-year age difference, Murray is fated to overtake the 31-year-old mighty Federer sometime soon – as soon as tonight under the stars in Rod Laver Arena.

Both on court later today for a bit of fine tuning before the real thing.

* Practice schedule.JPG (40.53 KB, 793x371 - viewed 219 times.)
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #229 on: January 25, 2013, 02:20 AM »

Not sure if it's been posted already, but:

[ Last edit by invisibleman18 January 25, 2013, 02:55 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #230 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37 AM »

Not sure if it's been posted already, but:

Not coming up on my computer Alex Think
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #231 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37 AM »

My sympathies for those of you that have to be up during the middle of the night to watch this - 9.30 pm for me cmon yeah

Me too !  Super
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #232 on: January 25, 2013, 02:56 AM »

Not coming up on my computer Alex Think

How about now?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #233 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04 AM »

How about now?

goodjob

Me too !  Super

highfive

I have dark chocolate and wine on standby - I may need both!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #234 on: January 25, 2013, 03:36 AM »

Im wide awake..........woke with a start think my nerves have kicked in  nervous

* .facebook_1339019013.jpg (54.45 KB, 960x342 - viewed 37 times.)
[ Last edit by angiebabez January 25, 2013, 03:42 AM ] IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #235 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11 AM »

good luck andy i have got to find someone with an i phone at work so i can check on the scores

.give fed a slam dunk done  yay
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #236 on: January 25, 2013, 06:12 AM »

Andy SMASH puny Fed
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #237 on: January 25, 2013, 06:15 AM »

Andy SMASH puny Fed

Yes! Yes! Yes! Waiting for that too!!!!!! yahooo
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #238 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05 AM »

Let's Go Andy! Let's Go yay yay yay
Supporting our new "misssion statement", lol Gnomey?
Prepare Attack Destroy
 yahooo
[ Last edit by blueberryhill January 25, 2013, 07:12 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #239 on: January 25, 2013, 07:12 AM »

Last night I felt so anxious.  To my surprise I slept better than I've been sleeping last few nights and this morning I feel positive.  At least we're not going into a GS SF with THAT question hanging over us and Andy.  Heard John Inverdale on radio earlier being so positive about Andy.  Said all the gainsayers and critics should rejoice in the fact we've got Britain's best ever tennis player in his 12th GS SF and that we now almost take it for granted that he'll be in the SF.   Andrew Castle was giving slight edge to smugfed but I don't mind that.  I don't want all the pundits predicting Andy to win as it gets me more nervous.
They played abit of smugfed's press conference when he professed not to know he had beaten Andy in all their GS encounters -honestly what a charlatan.  John Inverdale said fed is walking around with the body language which says I am the Greatest.  Oh Andy please please bring him down a peg or two.  But whatever just give it your best - a best which has become so much better in the past year -  we can't ask more than that of you.  cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »