Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 16734 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1560 on: January 25, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Very, very well said Dani.  goodjob

Awh,thanks Zarfeen  hug
IP Logged
Elle
Junior

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1561 on: January 25, 2013, 03:50 PM »

I see were you're coming from Elle,but honestly I think that no matter how people react to today's win-subdued,ecstatic or otherwise-if Andy loses on Sunday there will be that depression,because we all want the win for him so badly!Hopefully we'll have the ultimate victory to celebrate on Sunday,but there is the chance we won't,so let's just enjoy today's victory Smile

Fair enough, people may think i have an extreme form of bi-polar though!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1562 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53 PM »

I think it will be okay if Andy loses in the final. He needed to get Federer off his back because it's a very important step going forward. Andy will be able to deal with Nole and has done so already.

He has now Nadal left to deal with. I take it will be hard and he will probably have some lapses as well but as long as he comes through. Right now, it's important he establishes his authority over these players one by one, because he has much bigger things in store for him and finally, he's on the right path. It's part of the plan so a win here is not mandatory.

Yeah...I dont think being beaten by Novak in the final will represent anything other than a fine performance from Novak. Andy can beat him ...and has beaten him on the biggest stage already.

That said I think Andy has as a good a chance of winning.

Watching that match vs Fed I was thinking if Nadal was watching that...and I would think he would have...He'll have seen a far better Murray than when he last played him....and has alot of catch up to do..let alone get his Knees healthy.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1563 on: January 25, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Fair enough, people may think i have an extreme form of bi-polar though!

Lol!Well,it is a girl's prerogative to change her mind  w00t

I just think that looking ahead to the final-and being aware of the very real danger that is Novak-doean't mean we can't enjoy today's achievement,y'know?And fingers crossed we'll have more celebrating to do after Sunday's match!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1564 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

OMG just been onto Rogerfederer.com click on the article Roger defeated by Murray and read the comments below it, this forum is a very sane place to be when you read the posts on there, quite alarming is the number of UK posters professing their love for good ole Rogy!!

Brilliant match today, okay he should have closed it out in 3 or 4 but this new mentally strong Andy Murray is so exciting, hope he can get his recovery spot on for Sunday.  

Yeah but that fan divide has always been there in the case of Murray...can't see it changing. Wimbledon and the last WTF showed it.

It used to bother me but now I couldnt care less....its their loss...maybe even a sad reflection of UK....I dont know too many other countries that back against their own.

They need to remember they may not have another player as talented from the UK for a long long time.

Im sure the likes of Australia would throw their granny off a cliff if it meant they had a tennis player as good as Andy right now.....and please dont anyone quote Bernie Tomic...he absolutely nowhere near Murray standard.
[ Last edit by ABF January 25, 2013, 04:15 PM ] IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1565 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

I missed this match due to work, but did follow on the bbc website. Our company have disabled live streaming so could not watch, but just followed ‘As it happens'.

Great result and the real importance was beating Federer comprehensively in a Slam. Which puts a message out across the ATP world and not least to Federer himself!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1566 on: January 25, 2013, 04:13 PM »

Yes perhaps now Andy will start to be treated fairly and get his share of night matches. Also perhaps Smugfed will have to take his share of matches being played when the temperature is soaring. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1567 on: January 25, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Here are the Stats:

* stats AO Semi.PNG (80.08 KB, 935x303 - viewed 53 times.)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1568 on: January 25, 2013, 04:21 PM »

That's a nice little graphic - where did you get it from out of interest?
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1569 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27 PM »

That's a nice little graphic - where did you get it from out of interest?
I went to the AO website and found it and snipped it with the snipping tool in windows.  The snipping tool is great for getting anything on the screen, kind of like the print screen key on the keyboard.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1570 on: January 25, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Andy Murray 11, Smugfed 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, gloating over (he won  yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!) I will be good.

I haven't read everyone's comments since the match ended. I'll savour it later, and boy will it feel good!

I didn't feel nervous until just before the match began. I'd slept okay, listened to Chariots of Fire last night, and watched the Olympic final again, so I was prepared. Trouble was, it wasn't me playing - which might be just as well Whistle.

I watched on BBC in the end today. Apart from Castle and Lloyd being dismissive of the Olympic win (Federer was exhausted apparently, which makes Castle a hypocrite of huge proportions) it was good coverage.

Andy is really looking the part in these big matches now. I thought he looked nervous before the match, which is understandable, but it was great to see him get off to a good start. It was obvious he'd come to play. I loved seeing him take it to Federer, bossing the thing and taking advantage of how iffy Federer looked. It was a shame about the second set tie break, and not closing it out in the 4th set, but that fifth set was really quick. I must give credit to Federer for puttting up a fight too, just in the interest of balance. Well, Andy won, so we can afford to be gracious.

How well did Andy do to regroup after the fourth? It was stunning. I was having visions of the USO!

I thought Andy served so well, and his return game was fantastic too. He just looked so in control out there. I always think it's a measure of Andy when he makes Federer lose the plot a bit. Today he reduced him to using bad language and having a go at the umpire. Well done Andy  clap clap clap.

Andy just seems to be growing in front of our eyes. I love it to death!

Oh, and just to say it again, he won!  yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

I still think he's going to do it you know, I really do.

IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1571 on: January 25, 2013, 04:39 PM »

Will Roger still be Rolling Down To Rio, or maybe he will decide to devote his time to his family? Boy did I enjoy that win for Andy. Looking forward to the final. Loved Andy's low key celebrations and hope for more of the same.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1572 on: January 25, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Here are the keys to Andy winning and momentum:

* keys to winning.PNG (36.63 KB, 934x343 - viewed 41 times.)

* momentum winners.PNG (54 KB, 949x350 - viewed 29 times.)
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1573 on: January 25, 2013, 04:54 PM »

OMGMMMMMMMDHSVEDUDVWUIVOSC SOLVCJSJD.   OMGMMMMMMGOMG  OMGMFGMFGMDMODBWICBSIBC

ANDYYYYYYYYYY
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1574 on: January 25, 2013, 04:55 PM »

OMGMMMMMMMDHSVEDUDVWUIVOSC SOLVCJSJD.   OMGMMMMMMGOMG  OMGMFGMFGMDMODBWICBSIBC

ANDYYYYYYYYYY
love it.....how appropriate!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »