Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 18095 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1575 on: January 25, 2013, 05:00 PM »

Here's the highlights:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html?tabName=latest
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1576 on: January 25, 2013, 05:01 PM »

I just finished watching on my PVR.

My heart is so full of pride for Andy.

He has shown Fed, and the Whole Tennis-Interested World, that he is No One-Slam-Wonder.

The boy that we have supported since before he could shave, cried tears for, desperately hoped for, mangled our pets ears for, missed dinner for, lost sleep for, called in sick for (not me Whistle) argued and defended with our family and friends for, drank too much booze for..

Has become a Man and Has Arrived to Stake His Claim.

So Do One, roggie!

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1577 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Andy's interview:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=E4MjRxODq3hEPZyntpACL2enCIlvLUl1
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1578 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07 PM »

I just finished watching on my PVR.

My heart is so full of pride for Andy.

He has shown Fed, and the Whole Tennis-Interested World, that he is No One-Slam-Wonder.

The boy that we have supported since before he could shave, cried tears for, desperately hoped for, mangled our pets ears for, missed dinner for, lost sleep for, called in sick for (not me Whistle) argued and defended with our family and friends for, drank too much booze for..

Has become a Man and Has Arrived to Stake His Claim.

So Do One, roggie!

I'll second that.  The hard work he has put in doesn't bear thinking about.  Unfortunately for Andy he has come up against three of the best who also happened to be in his era.  How daunting must it have been to come up against them time after time - knock back after knock back.  Some would have given up.  I hope he is totally, totally proud of himself. 
IP Logged
geo1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1579 on: January 25, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Believe me I have always thought Fed to be a smarmy git (for years and years). I am pleased, but in my eyes, unless he lifts that trophy on Sunday then its all been for nothing. If people want to disagree then that is fine. But that is my opinion at the end of the day.

I do disagree, for years, no matter the head to head, in spite of the win in the Olympics people have said " yea' but he still hasn't beaten fed over 5 in a major" we'll now he has another monkey of his and my back.. Not for nought as far as I am concerned.

IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1580 on: January 25, 2013, 05:13 PM »

feder.com are saying that its cause federer is 31 now and not playing his best tennis anymore

How i disagree with that, i think federer has never played so well, its because of murray and djokovic forcing him to improve his game, fair play to the old bloke he still has it in him, unfortunately the time of murray and djokovic has arrived and it will be these 2 competing for no1 and no2 spots from now on, feds will have t fight out no3 and no4 with nadal

federer's best hope is wimbledon, but i think his time is up...just like the dinosaur
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1581 on: January 25, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Watching this again.. I think Fed said "Watch yourself." to Andy.
It's called CRS.. (Cornered Rat Syndrome.)

Anyhoo.. gotta go cook the haggis for my guests (not easy to catch a haggis in Canada, you know. Whistle)

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1582 on: January 25, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Anyhoo.. gotta go cook the haggis for my guests (not easy to catch a haggis in Canada, you know. Whistle)

Happy 'Burns' Day!'
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1583 on: January 25, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Thanks Elly.. I'll try not to Burn the Haggis. Smile
Catch up with you later.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1584 on: January 25, 2013, 05:32 PM »

I hunt big juicy fat bufallo and shove their remains in a nice pie!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1585 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37 PM »

No its also my concern cos i just want him to win. Beating Federer will be no consolation to me if Nole wins, if it is for you then great, but it isn't for me...

I think I know where you're coming from BUT.....

Making a Grand Slam final is a major, major milestone  for any tennis player.  Most pros will never get there even once.  This will be Andy's sixth.  Getting to the AO final (again) is a magnificent achievement for Andy and I for one, and I suspect most of the MW members, will be celebrating today's magnicent result - especially over the Smug One, who many of us dislike intensely.

I'm sure we'll be celebreating more on Sunday, but for now, this'll do!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1586 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37 PM »

“He beat me fair and square tonight. No regrets from me,” said Federer.

Fed said that???  shocking
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1587 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41 PM »

“He beat me fair and square tonight. No regrets from me,” said Federer.

Fed said that???  shocking
Glad he acknowledged that.  About time!  Andy totally fecking destroyed him in the Olympics.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1588 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42 PM »

is there a vid anywhere i can watch mamaged to listen on hte radio at work not the same as watching but was so happy well done our andy another 1st for beating fed in a grand slam
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1589 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46 PM »

Roger said   F**king stop it.   LMAO      lol

The best reaction EVER  FROM MURRAY.  
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 25, 2013, 09:28 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »