Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 18269 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1605 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Don't really know what he's on about there, if Murray did stop it was only for a split second. Daft twat.

I think Murray realised what Frauderer was up to there, playing at mind games, hence why he smiled. Such a gracious and humble gent, is Fed.
I think even Federer would struggle to know what he meant - all in the heat of a moment when the chips are down, and you know your opponent has the upper hand.  Just probs talking to himself and trying to make the best of a bad situation.  We forget these guys are just human beings.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1606 on: January 25, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Roger said   F**king stop it.   LMAO      w00t     lol   

The best reaction EVER  FROM MURRAY. 
. roflmao brilliant.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1607 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28 PM »

I have 3 very expensive small (one third) bottles of malt which I received when I retiredj. I vowed I would only drink them if and when  Andy wins a slam. I have one left. Well I counted the Olmpics. Would'nt you.

Absolutely! That's not a question it's a statement! cheers
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1608 on: January 25, 2013, 09:33 PM »

Don't really know what he's on about there, if Murray did stop it was only for a split second. Daft twat.

I think Murray realised what Frauderer was up to there, playing at mind games, hence why he smiled. Such a gracious and humble gent, is Fed.
And yet the Murray-bashers claimed it showed him up for what he is - "a smug twat". Yeah, that's right. Some of these insults are actually quite laughable. What is he, dour or smug?

There was a thread on this match on the football forum I frequent and opinions on Murray have changed drastically since Wimbledon.

Does he [come across as a 'tosser']? Used to get stick for being boring and with no personality, shows some emotion and personality - gets derided for it by the same people.

You just have to conclude that the people who don't like him are the same people who hate all talented people because they can't be arsed to get out and achieve something themselves.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like Andy Murray. It tends to be those who watch tennis once a year at most that don't like him probably because they know very little about him. He's going to win a few more slams over the next couple of years hopefully starting this weekend.

he's looking pretty imperious against the swiss

Those who watch tennis regularly tend to like Murray as what's not to like? He seems a nice person, a great professional and even better tennis player. I don't think crying is a legit reason not to like someone.

Why does personality matter so much for some? It's like some people actively look for flaws or something they dislike just so they can slag.

Surely his playing on the field should be all that matters...and that is spectacular my friends, especially over the last two years compared to before when it was head down Murray.

He had a losing mentality, like what the English have but being Scotch it is 10x worse. Negative, intimidated etc now he has shaken that and is a beast.
(this post from a Scotch before any Scots get on their high horse!)

Murray is outstanding now, losing Wimbledon was the best thing that ever happend to him.

Since then hes won the Olympics, won the US Open and now is in the Australian Open final, if he manages to win on Sunday hes pretty much the best player in the world now.

I'm not a massive tennis fan, in fact I'm a bit of a bandwagoner and only taken note of the grand slams.

I like Murray, to me there's little to dislike.

He's far from a bottler, isn't a celebrity & media tart, shows respect to his opponents and he's gone from a young kid ranked 400 and odd in 2005 to the second best player in the world. He should be championed.

Far more positive pro-Murray comments than the typical anti-Murray comments, and the ones that do spout the same old crap quickly get shot down (see above).

People are finally warming to him. As much as that is down to him finally winning a Slam, I don't know. But hey, it makes a nice change from "he hates the English", "will never win a Slam, "eternal bottler", "dour Scottish twat".
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1609 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35 PM »

that's very encouraging Luke.   
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1610 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Uncool Fed is gaining traction.  http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/australian-open-federers-mask-slips-murray-gets-skin-173739081.html
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1611 on: January 25, 2013, 10:02 PM »

Hello all,
Couldn't watch game this morning as working so had a stressful time sneaking a peak at my mobile at AO app and helpful texts from lucky friends and family who were watching , at one point I was hiding phone under pile of jotters ), so glad 5th set came and went during lunch break (where I learned  that another friend was practically camping out in the tv dept of a dept store - the lengths we go to!).
Have now caught up via highlights, on the whole fantastic play by Andy who sems to have a real 'game face' on- he walks around the court like he knows the business end of slams are where he belongs rather than 'Oh my what an amazing achievement to get this far, I'll just enjoy the occasion'. (I don't think he ever thought that, it's just his demeanour now definitely shows he knows he belongs up there with the rest of the best ). Significant that his celebrations were pretty low key sending out a message that he doesn't consider the job done yet - but still, beating Smugfed an important step forward in removing any doubts and giving confidence prior to all future slams to know he's beaten all the top players in a slam . So I think we are right to celebrate and savour this achievement today, because it is an achievement, and then tomorrow collect our thoughts and look forwad again. As for the final ... Both are playing well enough and mentally tough enough to win, they know each other's games so well, it has all the makings of a sporting feast - whoever fate  has deemed to be AO champ 2013 will win - here's hoping it's our Andy! cmonandy
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1612 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16 PM »

Hi everyone, i also didnt watch this morning cos was at work, followed scoreboard of course. Had a face of thunder after 4th set breaker and switched off my fone!!

So literally got in and watched the whole thing. Andy was superb absolutely amazing this Murray i love him! IT wasnt the most economical performance he out-played Fed in every department in every set ( poss bar the 4th) so really should have got the job done in a maximum of 4. i dont know if the unecessary energy spent out there will effect him or not. He is super fit i expect he'll refuel tomorrow and be ready for Novak on Sunday, no doubts about it!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1613 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Thinking about it now, that is one of the most one sided 5 setters i have seen. The scoreline flattered Fuderer.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1614 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24 PM »

I watched the match today on the BBC. I just finished watching the repeat on eurosport. I swear those commentators were pissing me off.  Since when did Fed have a back injury at the Olympics? By all accounts he did. They weren't saying 'that was the only reason he lost.' Apparently, he also injured his back against Tsonga. Does ANY player have a valid win against Federer or can they all be explained away?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1615 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26 PM »

I watched that point about 5 times and I have no clue what Federer is talking about. I'm not sure why he thought Andy was stopping. Very odd.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1616 on: January 25, 2013, 11:48 PM »

The entire Tennis.com editorial team have gone for Novak:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/01/djokovic-or-murray-our-mens-final-picks/46187/#.UQMZgvJW2So
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1617 on: January 25, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Tennis.com can be really biased sometimes. Lets hope everyone is proved wrong!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1618 on: January 25, 2013, 11:52 PM »

I've found it. In the net exchange, Federer says 'f**king stop'. The expression on Andy's face says 'Yeah, that just about sums you up, mate'.

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1619 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Federer is the Man Utd of tennis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »