Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The all important result.
Andy in 3 - 14 (25.5%)
Andy in 4 - 30 (54.5%)
Andy in 5 - 6 (10.9%)
FedBox in 3 - 1 (1.8%)
FedBox in 4 - 3 (5.5%)
FedBox in 5 - 1 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer

(Read 20166 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1665 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05 AM »

I have done a very naughty thing, but Andy made me do it  Whistle. Twisted my arm behind my back and everything he did, I am totally innocent of all blame innocent. I bought the DVD of Andy's semi, and it is great. I watched it again last night, just to savour the feeling. I might get the other AO matches, but thought I'd get this one first, because I also wanted the Shanghai semi, and the final from Japan 2011. I'm clearly in the mood to watch Andy beating Federer and Nadal lol.

The DVD of the AO semi is Eurosport's coverage. On the day itself I watched the BBC, so it was interesting to get a different perspective. Funnily enough, I thought that Europsort made more out of the way Smugfed behaved than the BBC did.

I know someone alluded to it at the time, but it was great to hear Wilander say that Lendl said Andy is the most talented player he has ever seen, or words to that effect. What a fantastic seal of approval from Mr. L. It made me feel quite choked to hear it lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1666 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56 PM »

No stopping you tj.  I think I've still got most of the SF on my hard disk courtesy of Eurosport replay but am planning to buy the DVD too as I'll have to wipe it sooner or later and I have a little list of previous matches I want to get too, to add to my growing collection.  I blame you as I think it was you who gave us the website address where we could buy them  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10 PM »

I have done a very naughty thing, but Andy made me do it  Whistle. Twisted my arm behind my back and everything he did, I am totally innocent of all blame innocent. I bought the DVD of Andy's semi, and it is great. I watched it again last night, just to savour the feeling. I might get the other AO matches, but thought I'd get this one first, because I also wanted the Shanghai semi, and the final from Japan 2011. I'm clearly in the mood to watch Andy beating Federer and Nadal lol.

The DVD of the AO semi is Eurosport's coverage. On the day itself I watched the BBC, so it was interesting to get a different perspective. Funnily enough, I thought that Europsort made more out of the way Smugfed behaved than the BBC did.

I know someone alluded to it at the time, but it was great to hear Wilander say that Lendl said Andy is the most talented player he has ever seen, or words to that effect. What a fantastic seal of approval from Mr. L. It made me feel quite choked to hear it lol.

Great addition, tj. I myself watched the match a few times already (courtesy of YouTube). Would love to have the DVD version of it. Actually I am making a list of matches that I want to have in my collection and that one tops my list. It was an incredible match.

I've also watched quite a few matches of Andy these past few weeks. Both Shanghai semi and final, WTF RR vs Nole, AO Semi, Olympics final, Wimbledon Final and Semi and a few others that don't involve the top players. I wanted to get a feeling about Andy's game and see what needs to be done in order to achieve the ultimate success. I am fairly sure he still has a couple of gears left in him and has yet to fully peak. I really feel this is the year that should elevate him to that level. He still has a couple of things to sort though but next year should really be it if my calculations are right.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Good stuff!  I saw the DVD of the US Open final on sale just before Christmas.  Wish I'd asked Santa for it! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1669 on: February 10, 2013, 05:37 PM »

No stopping you tj.  I think I've still got most of the SF on my hard disk courtesy of Eurosport replay but am planning to buy the DVD too as I'll have to wipe it sooner or later and I have a little list of previous matches I want to get too, to add to my growing collection.  I blame you as I think it was you who gave us the website address where we could buy them  Rolling Eyes

No stopping me at all, no, mind you, sometimes I wish I'd never discovered that website lol. I'm still deciding whether or not to get all of Andy's rounds at the AO. I might eventually, but I have it in mind to get all of Andy's Masters wins first. I've seen some of them, but some are from before I had Sky Sports, so they'd effectively be new to me, at least in terms of seeing them.

I recorded the AO semi, but due to - well, I don't know what, my Sky box didn't record the last set! I recorded it on the BBC, so I don't know what happened. Needless to say, the discovery of that missing last set made me swear, even though I'd already seen it.

Feel free to blame me lol, I think it was me who provided the details of that site. I just think it's a relatively cheap way of catching up with things a player has done. The official DVD's are all right, and I do have a few, but they aren't easy to get and they aren't cheap. I love the way that with that site you seem to be able to think of a match and it's there. I want to see if they have Andy's Wimbledon and Queen's matches from 2005, just for nostalgia's sake.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1670 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Well I thank you really tj - but it's the road to ruin - as you say you just look for a match and it's there  Whistle
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1671 on: February 10, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Over the years I have worryingly built a collection of over 600 matches which about 300 are Andy's.

If you are buying DVD's they are a few you should look out.

US Open 2006 Murray v Gonzalez

Indian Wells 07 Murray v Haas

WTF 08 Murray v Federer

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1672 on: February 11, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Well I thank you really tj - but it's the road to ruin - as you say you just look for a match and it's there  Whistle

I don't know about you Ruthie, but I think I need to start doing the lottery. Then, if I won, I could afford all the DVD's I want lol.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1673 on: February 13, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Over the years I have worryingly built a collection of over 600 matches which about 300 are Andy's.

JHC, I know this is a fan forum, but......   How can you hate life if you ain't got one?  Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1674 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55 PM »

If you are buying DVD's they are a few you should look out.

US Open 2006 Murray v Gonzalez

Indian Wells 07 Murray v Haas

WTF 08 Murray v Federer

get thee behind me craighateslife
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 SF: Murray vs Federer « Reply #1675 on: February 14, 2013, 08:43 PM »

get thee behind me craighateslife

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao and an extra  roflmao for being clever!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »