Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  ATP World Tour Finals - London 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Reply
Author

ATP World Tour Finals - London

(Read 9682 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #360 on: November 27, 2011, 04:26 PM »

Wonder why Andy has not got a Andy Murray Foundation, like the other guys. Does anyone know the reason?

may- be he has one, but  doesn't brag about it like Roger
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #361 on: November 27, 2011, 06:15 PM »

Time to release the nerve gas into the arena. It might take out Jo-Wilf, but at least Federer and his army of Tards will be gone.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #362 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47 PM »

If only Joe.........If only!
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #363 on: November 27, 2011, 07:22 PM »

C'mon Jo!!!!!!!!!!!

just took the second set on tie break, well done

c'mon

and they're playing sledgehammer on the interval Smile
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #364 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38 PM »

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #365 on: November 27, 2011, 08:50 PM »

Do we have to have this picture on every thread? 
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #366 on: November 27, 2011, 08:50 PM »

IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #367 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54 PM »

He does look relieved that the top 3 in the world were all carrying injuries, doesn't he????
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #368 on: November 27, 2011, 09:17 PM »

roflmao roflmao roflmao
IP Logged
isabel

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #369 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33 PM »

A win for Fed...but a little bit of perspective does not hurt. The Slams are all 3 out of 5 set matches and none of them are played on an indoors court where Fed racked up his three titles in the fall. Just saying.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #370 on: November 28, 2011, 02:00 AM »

The indoors probably have the weakest field of all followed by clay, grass and then hard.

If Andy picks up a slam next year, he will be unstoppable at least on three of the four surfaces. He has hard, grass and indoor titles already. Next year he may even collect a clay title. At any rate, he will in the coming years. I wish the grass court season was longer. Too many hard and clay tournaments throughout the year. Some of them don’t even make much sense. Even indoors have more tournaments than grass.

Andy needs to stay focused and not engage himself into something that's not worth it. I'd like him to stay quite and say what's absolutely necessary. Avoid media, Federer comments and all other stuff at all cost. A little more sacrifice has to be made, Andy. Focus focus, focus.

IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #371 on: November 28, 2011, 09:21 AM »

well, at least Murray has won more tournaments than federer Smile

people who say that murrays shanghai wins were nothing cause top players not there, then look at federers.....his ONLY 3 were the last three where players had pulled out and were not match fit

federer fans must be blind
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #372 on: November 28, 2011, 09:42 AM »

I'm slightly concerned that this Federer 'revival' might gather pace. With Nadal out of sorts with the game and the Djoker having not a cat in hell's chance of repeating 2011, it falls to Andy to prevent Frauderer from cleaning up in 2012.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #373 on: November 28, 2011, 10:10 AM »

Interesting to note Federer is playing Rotterdam next year, usually he takes a bit of time off after the Australian but obviously not this year. Could we be seeing Andy taking a break after the Australian to Dubai or even the week after to Davis Cup?
IP Logged
isabel

Re: ATP World Tour Finals - London « Reply #374 on: November 28, 2011, 11:54 AM »

I'm slightly concerned that this Federer 'revival' might gather pace. With Nadal out of sorts with the game and the Djoker having not a cat in hell's chance of repeating 2011, it falls to Andy to prevent Frauderer from cleaning up in 2012.

As much as Fed's late season run of form is laudable, I do not think at all that he can replicate or carry it onwards into Australia. Even though he won yesterday, his performance was shaky at best, and in a best of 5 set affair, the result would not have been the same. Fed has increasing trouble in serving out sets and matches now- he was broken to love serving for the championships yesterday by Jo  and in longer matches, this propensity has hurt him this year (losing in 5 at both Wimbledon and the US Open after being up 2 set to love). I don't see this trend reversing (it is a natural effect of age) and undoubtedly the really top players like Rafa, Andy and Nole will capitalize on it. Fed had a similar run of form in 2010 and everyone was predicting he would sweep the 2011 season and look how that panned out. The indoor courts favor Fed and makes his game look more successful than it would be on outdoor, hard courts like the AO. Next season's AO presents a huge opportunity for Andy- Rafa is usually never at his best there (earliest exits there than at any of the other slams for the last 2 years), Nole will definitely feel the pressure of defending his incredible year and the Fed- well it is my firm belief that Andy is better than him game-wise at this stage in their careers. If he can just replicate his run to the finals of the last two years, I hope that the third consecutive AO final will be one where he finally wins. Smile
[ Last edit by isabel November 28, 2011, 12:49 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »