Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 10522 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « on: November 03, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Murray vs Berdych will take place on Monday 5th November in the afternoon session.
[ Last edit by Mark November 05, 2012, 03:47 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Absolute must win this. Defeat here and Murray has to beat Novak to stay in the tournament.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I totally agree TMH but news has said Murray is 100% focused on the WTF and is determined more than he was in Paris so I think Murray could get this done in 2 despite their H2H being awfully cruel to Murray.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Its a horrible draw but Murray does seem to like having a steep hill to climb. It will be a  tough match
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Murray in 2. He has the recent win over Berdych, and I think he will step up his game to make sure he starts this tournament with a bang.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Murray in 2. He has the recent win over Berdych, and I think he will step up his game to make sure he starts this tournament with a bang.
Good posting!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 06:08 PM »

I think Murray could win all his RR's in 2 because although it is a deadly group for him the home crowd will be behind him but also the success at Wimbledon and the Olympics could cast a great deal of inspiration upon him at those tough crucial moments in eachmatch.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 06:10 PM »

It all depends which Andy turns up. If its "can't be @rsed" Andy he'll lose in 2. If its Grand Slam Andy he'll win in 2.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Anyone noticed the 'Murray Mahican'
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28 PM »

It makes not one bit of difference that Andy beat TB last time they played the weather had a large part to play in that result.Now im not saying Andy wont win on Monday but TB is a different proposition indoors.To me it's 50-50 who will win this tie.The best thing about it is Andy will i hope have huge home support so that may have a bearing on the outcome who knows.But i woudnt say it's Andys to win far from it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 06:58 PM »

It all depends which Andy turns up. If its "can't be @rsed" Andy he'll lose in 2. If its Grand Slam Andy he'll win in 2.
Well given that it's clear that this tournament was Andy's end of year priority it will hardly be the former will it?  My fear is that he might be 'undercooked' and therefore not great to be meeting the blank-faced czech first match.  I'm hoping though that he will take it to him like he did to Soderling when he played him the first match 2 years ago.  And can you imagine the roar that will go up when he's introduced as Olympic gold medal winner and USO champion?
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 07:36 PM »

It makes not one bit of difference that Andy beat TB last time they played the weather had a large part to play in that result.
I'm not convinced the weather was the deciding factor, but clearly it was very different conditions, and Berdych was very disgruntled and acting hard done by about it.  He's going to come in to this match determined to prove a point from the get go.

It's hard not to notice that Federer has his dream group, and that Andy's could have been kinder, but  there's not anything that can be done, so I'm reassuring myself with the fact that if he makes it through the heats, he's likely to get an easier semi-final.

I'm also happy that he's playing Monday, Wednesday, Friday as it will give him a day off if he does get to the semis.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 07:42 PM »

I think that next week we'll see a very confident and focused Andy who will be determined to play his best in front of his home crowd. With that said, I feel that he will beat Berdych - perhaps with a tight opening set.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Murray in 2  , 6-4 7-5
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 08:43 PM »

My fear is that he might be 'undercooked' and therefore not great to be meeting the blank-faced czech first match. 

You mean he's not had enough matches? I tend to agree with you.

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »