Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 10362 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 08:47 PM »

It's hard not to notice that Federer has his dream group, and that Andy's could have been kinder,

Looking at Fed's group. DelPo has played 3 tournaments in succession. Tippsy gave up on thrusday due to fatigue. And Ferrer plays the final tomorrow! So I reckon all Fed's opponents will be in varying stages of knackeredness. Fed will win his group at a canter.

Andy's group consists of 4 losers from this week. At least they will all be fresh! 
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Federer can have all the dream draws on his side but once he comes up against Andy or Djolo it just ain't gonna happen for him - fact !!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Andy is strong favourite with the bookies for this match.
Andy is 5-2 ON. Berdych 2-1 AGAINST
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31 PM »

You mean he's not had enough matches? I tend to agree with you.

Yes that's the comms' cliche for not having played enough matches.  But as against that he will be fresher than he'd have been had be played Basel and played more matches in Paris.  So it can cut both ways.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12 PM »

H2H is 4-3 in favour of Tomas though on hard courts it's 2-2, with Tomas having the advantage on indoor 1-0. 

Home crowd need to be vocal clapping

3 am start for me, Tom and any NZer's wishing to watch this yawn so best get some naps in zz

Thanks to John for Andy's picture goodjob

* Murray vs Berdych WTF.JPG (96.36 KB, 606x790 - viewed 292 times.)
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17 PM »

Berdsh*t needs to be at his absolute very best to have a chance.  Don't see it happening but Andy can't afford any crap service games and (like always) needs to convert break points including match points! It's 80:20 Andy for me.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 07:11 AM »

@Ruthie
Unfortunately Berdych is a lot better player than Soderling. TBH indoors I like Andy's chances against Nole much better than I like his chances against Big Bird.
But hey it's a tough group and there are no easy matches so  Andy's gotta get down to the biz. straight away. Everything crossed
 Fingers crossed
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 07:25 AM »

I think you mean Andy has advantage indoors Basel?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 08:08 AM »

@Ruthie
Unfortunately Berdych is a lot better player than Soderling. TBH indoors I like Andy's chances against Nole much better than I like his chances against Big Bird.
But hey it's a tough group and there are no easy matches so  Andy's gotta get down to the biz. straight away. Everything crossed
 Fingers crossed
Thanks for that cheerful message Eeyore.  Is he that much better?  So long since I've seen Soderling but I seem to remember he had been something of a bete noire for Andy in same way birdy is and that it was therefore wonderful to see Andy demolish him.  And like birdy he flourished late.   But you may well be right.  Whatever  I am very  nervous  
But a further thought:  the Andy who birdy used to beat is a very different player to today's Andy.  Provided he brings the kind of aggression he used to demolish smugfed in Shanghai and isn't hampered by back or anything, then especially with the crowd behind him he should do it.   Nevertheless I'm  pray already
[ Last edit by Ruthie November 04, 2012, 11:47 AM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13 PM »

Looking at their H2H, you realise a lot of the matches aren't particularly relevant.  I'd always ignore clay, and even this year's US Open was nothing like tomorrow, and last year's Paris was Paris, where Andy never does well.  If you also rule out the oldest matches (and carpet), it doesn't leave much to go on, except Andy's overall better form.

Berdych can play great, but he's often not great.  Hopefully the not great version will turn up tomorrow, so it's an easy two-set victory for our boy.

Djokovic has a great H2H with him, even if you exclude the clay, so I don't see why Andy should struggle, if he's on top of his own game.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 12:25 PM »

The head to head is only 4-3 in Berdych's favour isn't it? It's not like he has a resounding lead over Andy, so I'm not going to look into their H2H at all.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 01:13 PM »

I think you mean Andy has advantage indoors Basel?

If Berdych is on form, playing "cleanly" and painting the lines, then indoors suits his type of play very well.
However, he was most certainly "off" in Paris and had a huge number of UEs in his losing match.
Players like him have little margin for error. He is a powerful man with massive ground strokes and not much subtlety, so has no Plan B.
Hey, just being realistic folks. Andy's top game beats Bird's top game but we shouldn't be thinking it will be easy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 01:20 PM »

I don't think any of us think it will be easy bbh and I suspect some of those ues were intentional so he could get out - he looked mighty pleased to have lost I thought.   But in the old days birdy beat a defensive Andy and I think the Andy of more recent months can stand up to him better.  The good news is that if Andy does win, it sets him up so well for the rest of the week.   But I'm going to be a total bag of nerves tomorrow in front of my tv.   Rescue remedy at the ready.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 01:21 PM »

@Ruthie
But hey it's a tough group and there are no easy matches so  Andy's gotta get down to the biz. straight away. Everything crossed
 Fingers crossed
confused

He's really not. When Soderling was fit he was much closer to the top 4 than the likes of Berdych and Tsonga. Only Ferrer was really close to that level. In-fact Soderling demolished Berdych 2&2 in his last tournament.

Of course Berdych does look to have improved since then but even so, it's impossible to say who is/was better, let alone 'a lot better'.

(Sorry BBH, don't mean to be picking on you personally.)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Again a difference of opinion, which is cool.
I think Berd moves a lot better than Sod ever did and is a lot better at the net, so there u go.

And PS can't stand either of them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »