Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 10511 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20 PM »

Well we can agree on that at least. Wink
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Four hour round trip to Bexleyheath but I have a ticket for tomorrow. Andy in 3.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 04:12 PM »

To me Andy looks like he has motivational problems, since winning the biggest tournament of his life. In his last three matches he has held ‘match point’ only to go on and loose.
However I believe the best two things to cure ‘motivational problems’ is
1.   A major tournament like this WTF or AO.
2.   A kick up the back side from Mr Lendl.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Lol dex. Smile
I think Andy will be highly motivated to prove himself amongst the best in the world.
And I certainly wouldn't want to upset Mr Lendl... nervous
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Will have to rush home tomorrow afternoon and hope to see at least a one-set lead.But I feel absolutely uneasy about matches vs. Berdych. I really hope he comes out on fire, and everybody present should make some noise. I envy you.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Four hour round trip to Bexleyheath but I have a ticket for tomorrow. Andy in 3.

Hope you have a great time Dave and that Andy does the business.
@Dex: there was always a danger of a dip after Andy finally achieved his life long goal.  In fact I think it's not been a huge dip and he played some stunning tennis in Shanghai.  I don't think there'll be any lack of motivation this week but where the spirit is willing just possible the flesh is weak.  I'd love him to do really well to finish such a brilliant season brilliantly but if he doesn't then onwards and upwards next year.
Apparently at the gala thing last night Andy received by far the biggest roar when he came in.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 05:04 PM »

I'm not convinced the weather was the deciding factor, but clearly it was very different conditions, and Berdych was very disgruntled and acting hard done by about it.  He's going to come in to this match determined to prove a point from the get go.

It's hard not to notice that Federer has his dream group, and that Andy's could have been kinder, but  there's not anything that can be done, so I'm reassuring myself with the fact that if he makes it through the heats, he's likely to get an easier semi-final.

I'm also happy that he's playing Monday, Wednesday, Friday as it will give him a day off if he does get to the semis.

His service was compromised and that was a huge deal for him but I still expected Andy to come through, because he was more determined and Berdych had a tougher qtr final, where he took one of the favourites out - Federer.

Berdych will be more determined here but so will be Andy. I really wanted Berdych to make the final in Paris and perhaps win too. That would have left him tired next week and there was this danger of him falling in Andy's group and sure enough, that is the case. But I don't think Berdych is all that fresh anyway. Andy should be fresher.

Also, this very first match against Berdych might help Andy more because there will be less pressure on Andy; as opposed to the fact, had he had to play others first and if there was a loss in those matches, that would have created more pressure for Andy to win the match against Berdych.

I believe the tournament organizers was once again very kind to Federer as they really like to see him in the semi and possibly in the final.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Is it up to the organizers the form the groups? I always assumed they place No 1 as the first in Gr. A, No 2 accordingly in Gr. B and then there follows a draw. And to give Ferrer a decent rest, the whole group is scheduled for playing second.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 05:13 PM »

I am hating the fact that I'll be missing this match. Wish it was over my lunch period time. I need to see Andy when he plays an important match like this. Oh well...
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Is it up to the organizers the form the groups? I always assumed they place No 1 as the first in Gr. A, No 2 accordingly in Gr. B and then there follows a draw. And to give Ferrer a decent rest, the whole group is scheduled for playing second.

No it isn't! You're right - the draw just makes sure that each pair 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 are in different groups. And Ferrer and his group gets the late start because of Paris. But their group will not get a day off before SF, so maybe have a slight disadvantage.

Interestingly they have split the doubles groups, so all the late finishers in Paris play on Tuesday.
A) Bryans, Paes,/Stepanek; Lopez/Gran, Qureshi/Rojer.
B) Mirnyi/Nestor; Lindstedt/Tecau, Bhupathi/Bopanna and Marray/Nielsen

Tomorrow's doubles: 12.00 Mirnyi/Nestor v. Lindstedt/Tecau; 6pm: Bryans v. Granollers/Lopez
Tuesday Order - From 12 - Bhupathi/Bopanna v. Marray/Nielsen; Fed v. Tipsarevic. From 6: Paes/Step v Qureshi/Rojer; Ferrer v. Delpo
[ Last edit by Elena November 04, 2012, 05:50 PM ] IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48 PM »

I am hating the fact that I'll be missing this match. Wish it was over my lunch period time. I need to see Andy when he plays an important match like this. Oh well...

I'm going to miss it as well 'cos I've got university.
I'll just be worrying how he's doing whilst I'm in class.

And I'm going to miss Marray play on Tuesday as well and I wanted to see him play!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 05:58 PM »

BBC TV

Monday 5 November-Saturday 10 November
Group stages: 1345-1715, BBC Two/BBC HD (except Saturday)
Monday, 5 November: Andy Murray v Tomas Berdych
Tuesday, 6 November: Roger Federer v Janko Tipsarevic
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 06:18 PM »

Very conveniently I have a 'reading week' this week so have the whole week off. The department head must be a tennis fan.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 06:22 PM »

I wish I had a reading week, but I have a feeling that things will be ok anyway. If Murray plays in the afternoon tomorrow, surely he plays evening Wednesday? friday doesn't matter as I'm not in Uni that day.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Thanks Ruthie. I feel duty bound to make lots of noise.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »