Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 12323 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #645 on: November 05, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Andy was at his best for like a game and a half :P

Was stunning I think it was at 2-1 in the fifth.
I'd say only for a few points laundry but did get better and better [with a few glitches]
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #646 on: November 05, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Just saw the end of Andy's match with berdych. When does Andy play again I can't figure it out.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #647 on: November 05, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Just saw the end of Andy's match with berdych. When does Andy play again I can't figure it out.
Andy plays again Wednesday against the winner of tonights match Apollo.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #648 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Got a nosebleed up in the cheap seats. For a sell out, there were plenty of empty seats.

I had a ticket in the very back row, however I went to the information desk in the foyer after the doubles, asked if there were any tickets available lower down that needed filling and they swapped my ticket for one of the expensive ones about 5 rows from the front. There were plenty of empty seats down there as well that didn't end up getting filled.

I personally would never have known you could do that and I only did it because someone sitting next to me told me about it. Just mentioning it now in case anyone else didn't realise they swap tickets to fill up the lower sections.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #649 on: November 05, 2012, 07:01 PM »

They get 200 points for  a win but for the rest of the intricate details go to the Barclays 02 website and you'll see a chart showing how many games  and sets won. It will also tell you how many points they get for a semi final and final win

Thanks. I went to the website and read through it. I have to confess I am still non the wiser. It's like one of those awful puzzles. However it's good to know Mr M is 200 points to the better as a result of today's deads.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #650 on: November 05, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Andy's form has dipped a bit recently & has only one atp title this year but i would not swap what he achieved this year for anything.

With respect, are you on a different planet to everyone else? Andy has had the best year of his career.  Sure, he hasn't won a Masters, but you ask him if he would swap the Olympic singles title and the US Open win for a Masters and I suspect he would give you an answer where the second word might well be 'off'. Andy has won two of the last three big titles of the year. Now he could finish off by doing his stuff again at the WTF. That is significantly better than a bunch of ATP titles.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #651 on: November 05, 2012, 07:05 PM »

With respect, are you on a different planet to everyone else? Andy has had the best year of his career.  Sure, he hasn't won a Masters, but you ask him if he would swap the Olympic singles title and the US Open win for a Masters and I suspect he would give you an answer where the second word might well be 'off'. Andy has won two of the last three big titles of the year. Now he could finish off by doing his stuff again at the WTF. That is significantly better than a bunch of ATP titles.
I think he was merely referring to post USO, which is a fair comment to make given his form from Wimbledon to the USO.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #652 on: November 05, 2012, 07:07 PM »

I suspect independant of the USO he would have taken his two Olympic Medals ahead of any ATP titles this year. Playing in those finals on Wimbledon Centre Court with the majority of the crowd shouting for him, and coming away with the singles gold, screwing Fed in the process, must have trumped any of the many titles he had accumated up to then. I also suspect it was the most enjoyable to win, important as the USO was.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #653 on: November 05, 2012, 07:10 PM »

I think Andy did well today considering it was his first match. It was always possible that it would be tight. To be truthful, I wondered if we might see a tie-break or two. I'm glad there were none lol.

Andy looked nervous during the first set and could have been just a wee bit passive. However, once he got going in the second set he played well. Maybe not always his best, but well enough.

I was surprised to hear Berdych sounding so nervous before the start. Jolly good lol. I still don't like him. All that grinning when he won games today got up my nose very quickly. Smug man!

So, Djokovic/Tsonga in a bit. Surprisingly, apparently Tsonga has won all their matches indoors. Well, it surprised me lol.

Well done Andy, onwards and upwards!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #654 on: November 05, 2012, 07:11 PM »

I think he was merely referring to post USO, which is a fair comment to make given his form from Wimbledon to the USO.

That isn't how it read to me.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #655 on: November 05, 2012, 07:12 PM »

I had a ticket in the very back row, however I went to the information desk in the foyer after the doubles, asked if there were any tickets available lower down that needed filling and they swapped my ticket for one of the expensive ones about 5 rows from the front. There were plenty of empty seats down there as well that didn't end up getting filled.

I personally would never have known you could do that and I only did it because someone sitting next to me told me about it. Just mentioning it now in case anyone else didn't realise they swap tickets to fill up the lower sections.

Thanks for mentioning it. I'll give it a go on Wednesday.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #656 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Thanks for mentioning it. I'll give it a go on Wednesday.

The one I went to was on level four fairly near the hotdog stand. It's on the opposite side of the wall to the toilets and just says "information" (or something like that) above the window. Good luck!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #657 on: November 05, 2012, 07:23 PM »

Comms saying something about winning % when 1st serve went in for Andy. Not sure what they are. On itouch and too fathy on here - I get a lot of mobile stuff automatically, that annoys me.

He won 100% of his first serve points in the third set when he got his 1st serve in but the % was only about 44%.   If he could get it up even to 60% he'd be well nigh unbeatable.     
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #658 on: November 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Just watching the doubles match at the moment and the line judges are asleep. Ive just seen about half a dozen shots go 2-3 feet out and no calls. Unreal.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #659 on: November 05, 2012, 07:35 PM »

thanks for that information Dave, useful to know
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »