Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 13088 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #660 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07 PM »

That isn't how it read to me.
"Andy's form has dipped a bit recently" - what else could he be referring to?
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #661 on: November 05, 2012, 08:17 PM »

I had a ticket in the very back row, however I went to the information desk in the foyer after the doubles, asked if there were any tickets available lower down that needed filling and they swapped my ticket for one of the expensive ones about 5 rows from the front. There were plenty of empty seats down there as well that didn't end up getting filled.

I personally would never have known you could do that and I only did it because someone sitting next to me told me about it. Just mentioning it now in case anyone else didn't realise they swap tickets to fill up the lower sections.

Interesting info Dave.  Will keep this in mind when I am there on Wednesday as my evening session ticket is way up high.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #662 on: November 05, 2012, 08:32 PM »

Just watching the doubles match at the moment and the line judges are asleep. Ive just seen about half a dozen shots go 2-3 feet out and no calls. Unreal.
In doubles they play to the outer lines, Bn
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #663 on: November 05, 2012, 09:11 PM »

I am actually so pissed off with this bloody crowd.   absolute tossers.        "Does one know when this tennis thing ends Deardrie?     Does one  know where I can go to the loo?   Does one know who this  Andrew Murray is?   still the same absolute bull**** view that British  people have over tennis.     Nothing will change.

They only think  that they are educated in tennis  is Federer.    
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #664 on: November 05, 2012, 09:15 PM »

I am actually so pissed off with this bloody crowd.   absolute tossers.        "Does one know when this tennis thing ends Deardrie?     Does one  know where I can go to the loo?   Does one know who this  Andrew Murray is?   still the same absolute Bullsh*t view that British  people have over tennis.     Nothing will change.

They only think  that they are educated in tennis  is Federer.     

Well said JK - it was so quiet this afternoon where was the support for Andy, they should have been getting behind him and lifting him through every point.  They need a lesson from the crowd that go to the Braehead support your homegrown player. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #665 on: November 05, 2012, 09:16 PM »

Well said JK - it was so quiet this afternoon where was the support for Andy, they should have been getting behind him and lifting him through every point.  They need a lesson from the crowd that go to the Braehead support your homegrown player.  

I would have shouted the bloomin  arena  down.   You  could have heard me from China  ffs
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #666 on: November 05, 2012, 09:19 PM »

love Andy's kit.   don't judge me.

I like it too.    It's meant to reflect the winning of the gold medal.   The gold laces are a nice touch.   Maybe we will one day see Andy with some gold embroidery!!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #667 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23 PM »

It did look like he was not used to the shoes yet - he kept looking at them as if they were to blame in the first set.  Love the outfit thought makes him look lean and mean!!!!!!!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #668 on: November 05, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Well said JK - it was so quiet this afternoon where was the support for Andy, they should have been getting behind him and lifting him through every point.  They need a lesson from the crowd that go to the Braehead support your homegrown player. 
It's been suggested that as the opening match is traditionally the defending champion, a lot of Federer fans bought tickets expecting to see him play this afternoon, so will have been a bit miffed at missing him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #669 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41 PM »

ah I did ask in an earlier post whether there were a whole lot of smugfed fans there.  But I'm not sure about that theory as Andy opened up 2 years ago too.  But of course in their smugness they might just have assumed that smugfed would be given that slot.  Whistle
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #670 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Oh well that explains it!!!!  The Federites were out in force......
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #671 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Loved Andy's kit. The shirt really showed off his muscles...yum...Wink
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #672 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05 PM »

I just watched a recording of the match. I was pleased he came through, but it was reminicent of a Murray rollercoaster at the start.

First serve definately needs somw work on it. But, his great returning saved his bacon several times.

Anyway, well done Andy, it was an important will against Berdy!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #673 on: November 05, 2012, 10:09 PM »

"Andy's form has dipped a bit recently" - what else could he be referring to?

Yes, but also, 'he's only won one ATP title'. He has, so it is partly right, but come on, he won the Olympics and the USO. I think Andy would take that this year over a bunch of ATP titles. There's also the fact that since the USO Andy has been to the semi's in Japan and narrowly missed out on the final, and had match points in the Shanghai Masters final, so it's dubious to say the least to say his form has dipped. I don't think it has, irrespective of the lack of another title....yet.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #674 on: November 05, 2012, 10:14 PM »

Forgot to say earlier, I think Andy's kit looks great. I like the way it is a close fit, not because of his muscles, but because, strangely, it makes him look more of a presence on the court somehow. I think it somehow makes him look taller.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »