Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 12025 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #675 on: November 05, 2012, 10:20 PM »

I love him in blue...but I really didn't like the yellow designs.However,I may try to revise my opinion,as they're apparently not yellow,they're gold,to represent Andy's Olympic gold.I really can't dislike anything to do with our Andy winning gold!I just wish they didn't look so yellow to my apparently rather colour-blind eyes!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #676 on: November 05, 2012, 10:29 PM »

I love him in blue...but I really didn't like the yellow designs.However,I may try to revise my opinion,as they're apparently not yellow,they're gold,to represent Andy's Olympic gold.I really can't dislike anything to do with our Andy winning gold!I just wish they didn't look so yellow to my apparently rather colour-blind eyes!

I think Fed will see the colour as Olympic gold!!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #677 on: November 05, 2012, 10:40 PM »

For anyone wondering, I will be uploading as many World Tour Final matches as possible on my Youtube, which will include Andy's match from today.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #678 on: November 05, 2012, 10:48 PM »

For anyone wondering, I will be uploading as many World Tour Final matches as possible on my Youtube, which will include Andy's match from today.

Cheers mate.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #679 on: November 05, 2012, 10:57 PM »

Please stop being harsh on the crowd, from what I've heard it was absolutely stifling hot inside the arena today, they were pumping in hot air to counteract the cold outside, but seems like they over did it and it was almost unbearable. Being hot is one thing, being hot inside where you feel like there is no air is another, I think any muteness from the crowd today is totally justifiable, it also may explain some of the empty seats as i'm aware this afternoon's session was almost a sell-out.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #680 on: November 05, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Thank you very much Prodigy!
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #681 on: November 05, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Just watched the last few games of the match on I-Player (snuck a couple of peeks at the Live scores at work) and was pleased to see the way Andy closed out the match despite nerves and how much it obviously meant to him.

I also watched the pre-match build up and it was wonderful to hear the crowd when he came out on court. I felt quite emotional hearing him announced as Olympic champion and US Open champion. Goodness knows what I'd have been like if I was in the arena. Probably a good thing I wasn't!

Henman obviously doesn't have Andy's head for stats - not that I want to remind him of the truth necessarily, but he kept referring to USO win as Andy's 4th Grand Slam final!

Loved the post match interview with Petchey. Andy was in good form! Wonder what's taking the trophy so long?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #682 on: November 05, 2012, 11:28 PM »

Yes, but also, 'he's only won one ATP title'. He has, so it is partly right, but come on, he won the Olympics and the USO. I think Andy would take that this year over a bunch of ATP titles. There's also the fact that since the USO Andy has been to the semi's in Japan and narrowly missed out on the final, and had match points in the Shanghai Masters final, so it's dubious to say the least to say his form has dipped. I don't think it has, irrespective of the lack of another title....yet.
Ye, which is what he said.

"has only one atp title this year but i would not swap what he achieved this year for anything."

confused

Basically he's been crap in the ATP events (which is true) but has obviously won much more important events so naturally he (and us all) would prefer that.

And he's lost to Raonic and Janowicz since the USO, whilst squandered several championship points against Djokovic (that match will always bug me, as it will forever be recorded in the H2H). Whatever the circumstances, his form has certainly dipped a little since his recent run from Wimbledon.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #683 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29 PM »

ah I did ask in an earlier post whether there were a whole lot of smugfed fans there.  But I'm not sure about that theory as Andy opened up 2 years ago too.  But of course in their smugness they might just have assumed that smugfed would be given that slot.  Whistle

Davydenko wasn't there to defend his title... Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #684 on: November 05, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Just watched the last few games of the match on I-Player (snuck a couple of peeks at the Live scores at work) and was pleased to see the way Andy closed out the match despite nerves and how much it obviously meant to him.

I also watched the pre-match build up and it was wonderful to hear the crowd when he came out on court. I felt quite emotional hearing him announced as Olympic champion and US Open champion. Goodness knows what I'd have been like if I was in the arena. Probably a good thing I wasn't!

Henman obviously doesn't have Andy's head for stats - not that I want to remind him of the truth necessarily, but he kept referring to USO win as Andy's 4th Grand Slam final!

Loved the post match interview with Petchey. Andy was in good form! Wonder what's taking the trophy so long?
Castle also talked about how Berdych took out Federer and Nadal before falling to Djokovic at Wimbledon 2010. confused
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #685 on: November 05, 2012, 11:50 PM »

Castle also talked about how Berdych took out Federer and Nadal before falling to Djokovic at Wimbledon 2010. confused

They definitely need to check their facts more closely! Though to be honest I'd wrongly remembered it as being Fed in the semi and don't remember his match against Djokovic at all

They also kept going on about how Andy and Nole were playing on Friday which admittedly I would have accepted if I hadn't known otherwise from here first.

Anyway moot points really, from what I saw pre and post match they (Barker, Castle, Henman) were very pro-Andy and talking about the emerging Murray-Djokovic rivalry very positively. They were wondering (like I am!) if they will be playing quite a different style of match here anticipating a potential re-match in the final.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #686 on: November 06, 2012, 02:04 AM »

The video of this will be uploaded tomorrow.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #687 on: November 06, 2012, 06:38 AM »

There is a very good article in the Guardian headlined 'Andy Murrqy draws on his Raging Bull to turn the heat on Tomas Berdych'.  It was exactly how I felt when I watched the match last night. 

I see that on the ATP site the posters are complaioning about Andy,s language.  I did not actually see any this time only muttering to himself.  Someone who speaks Spanish says the Nadal is not too bad by Almagro and Verdasco are terrible.  It goes unmentioned as we do not speak Spanish.  I would imagine that the Serbs also swear.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #688 on: November 06, 2012, 06:48 AM »

Simon and Ferrer swear all the time. Double standards as usual. Rolling Eyes
Andy just said something like "I'm b******s" at one stage.
He's ever the perfectionist, that will never change.   wub
I think Castle made the point Andy was a break up in the third and playing beautiful tennis at the time. Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #689 on: November 06, 2012, 07:56 AM »

Forgot to say earlier, I think Andy's kit looks great. I like the way it is a close fit, not because of his muscles, but because, strangely, it makes him look more of a presence on the court somehow.

I agree TJ...you took the words out of my mouth!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »