Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Berdych: Predictions!
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 16 (53.3%)
Berdych in 2 - 1 (3.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 11845 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #690 on: November 06, 2012, 08:07 AM »

Andrew Castle was saying stuff about how you shouldn't let your opponent know you have lost your cool.  The thing with Andy is that he's often muttering away or getting annoyed at himself for missing a point, so it's not as if his opponents can read a great deal into it they didn't already know.   I'm also of the view that while it's a nice idea to keep your cool, if you are wound up, it's better out than in.

I'm not having a go at Andrew, except for the fact that when he and Tim are commentating together, they do talk a load of banal nonsense.  Apart from anything else, he is entitled to that opinion, but in this instance it felt like an obligation to say something, and so he trotted out the received, if irrelevant, wisdom.

When someone like Federer starts griping and shouting at the crowd, you know he's properly riled. Very Happy

I was following the match yesterday on Live Scores and keeping an eye on twitter, and going by twitter, the majority think it's funny when Andy swears at himself.   There were a few po-faced comments, but they appeared to be from people who didn't want him to win anyway.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #691 on: November 06, 2012, 08:11 AM »

IMO, this swearing and talking by Andy makes him play better...not that I am a big fan of it but I feel tat he is more determined to play better. You could see that in yesterday's match against Berdych..
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #692 on: November 06, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Did anyone else notice that the finger gesture was back?It was brief,but it made an appearance!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #693 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12 AM »

I was surprised when Andrew got the facts wrong.  Berdych did not play Djoko in the Wimbledon final it was Nadal and what a boring one it was.  Many people said that the SF the day before against Andy was more like a true final.  Also I was fed up at the end of the match when once again he mentioned the match points he had missed.  As if no-one else ever misses them.  I gave up counting how many times he mentioned.  It seemed to be after and between every game.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #694 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Did anyone else notice that the finger gesture was back?It was brief,but it made an appearance!
Yeah I noticed that too - a good sign I think, shows he's taking this tournament seriously. Let's hope it brings him the same luck as in the last tournament when he did this! Smile
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #695 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17 PM »

Also I was fed up at the end of the match when once again he mentioned the match points he had missed.  As if no-one else ever misses them.  I gave up counting how many times he mentioned.  It seemed to be after and between every game.
They seemed to be acting as if it was three matches in a row where he'd lost after getting match-point, rather than just the last match in that particular tournament.  It is a trend and something pundits are bound to talk about, but way too much emphasis on it, especially when you consider why it happened each time.  Some of the online news reports seem to have blurred the difference between matches in a row/tournaments in a row too.

You'd think they'd have a bit more chat prepared for between points and end changes.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #696 on: November 06, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Robbie Koenig should just commentate on every tennis broadcast. They should just simulcast the feed he commentates on to all tv networks.
[ Last edit by ProdigyEng November 06, 2012, 12:29 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #697 on: November 06, 2012, 12:41 PM »

sure did dani and pics of it in press today
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #698 on: November 06, 2012, 12:43 PM »

Please stop being harsh on the crowd, from what I've heard it was absolutely stifling hot inside the arena today, they were pumping in hot air to counteract the cold outside, but seems like they over did it and it was almost unbearable. Being hot is one thing, being hot inside where you feel like there is no air is another, I think any muteness from the crowd today is totally justifiable, it also may explain some of the empty seats as i'm aware this afternoon's session was almost a sell-out.
and what I'd not realised until reading press reports today was that Andy was given a standing ovation when he walked on court
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #699 on: November 06, 2012, 03:43 PM »

This only means my babu wants it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #700 on: November 06, 2012, 05:09 PM »

IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #701 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09 PM »

They seemed to be acting as if it was three matches in a row where he'd lost after getting match-point, rather than just the last match in that particular tournament.  It is a trend and something pundits are bound to talk about, but way too much emphasis on it, especially when you consider why it happened each time.  Some of the online news reports seem to have blurred the difference between matches in a row/tournaments in a row too.

As I said I only watched the end of the match/post match stuff and the build up on I-player after work yesterday but I too noticed this in what little I saw and found it frustrating. 3 matches sounds a lot worse than 3 tournaments!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #702 on: November 06, 2012, 06:17 PM »

This only means my babu wants it.

LOL
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #703 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20 PM »

During the match between the Joker and Tipsytoday,  Andrew Castle said that Andy Murray had won  yesterday in "three straight sets"!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #704 on: November 06, 2012, 06:23 PM »

LOL

And I take it you know what babu means, John?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »