Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 12540 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #840 on: November 07, 2012, 05:10 PM »

That's the thing when looking back on this without going into detail on the match. Andy is number 3 in the world, whilst Nole is number 1, on paper, the World Number 1 should win the match, and he did. We all know Andy is sh*t indoors, has he ever even won an indoors tournament? Let's remember also, Murray won the most important meeting of the two this year, so I'm not going to get upset. Hey, maybe if they do face in the final, Murray will win the important encounter, once again.

Andy has won 9 indoor tournos ...I believe
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #841 on: November 07, 2012, 05:13 PM »

In what way is it out of Murray's hands? We want Berdych to win.
If Berdych wins this then beats Djokovic (not that unlikely given their respective indoor records) then all three of Murray/Djokovic/Berdych have two wins (assuming Murray beats Tsonga - if he doesn't then none of it matters anyway). Then it comes to sets and games.

If Tsonga wins, then all Andy has to do is beat him. That would mean he would have two wins, Tsonga one, and Berdych a maximum of one.

So ye, to avoid last day nerves and a potential repeat of 2009, Tsonga winning would be more ideal here.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #842 on: November 07, 2012, 05:14 PM »

So a win against number 6 in the world and a narrow loss to number 1 in a thrilling match equates to a terrible, disgusting tournament - what a very strange way of looking at things!  I take it that unless Andy wins every match he plays in straight sets he doesn't cut the mustard with you jk - not really a fan at all then, are you?

I am a fan,  These matches frustrate   the hell out of me,     why does he just throw it all away at the end of matches.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #843 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15 PM »

I wouldn't count Berdych as a guarantee to win tonight's match, he has one eye on the davis cup final
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #844 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Now if Tsonga beats Berdych today, then Nole qualifies for the semi spot.

But if Berdych beats Tsonga then it will favour Andy I suppose.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #845 on: November 07, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Nope, we want Tsonga to win!

Why?  I dont understand all this surely if Tsonga wins he will have all to play for against Andy. Although thinking about it at least it would mean Andys fate is in his own hands yes?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #846 on: November 07, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I didn't see the first 2 sets.  I came in When Andy broke.    did you see the collapse at 5-5.  after andy had the chance to close out that match  at 5-4 on Noles serve.   just so disappointing

yeah disappointing...for all...none more so than Murray and his team Id guess. Nole is world No1....this year.... and its a deserving reality. Murray is soo close to being the same tho... he is behind Nole tho...for the moment. Nobody enjoys losing...but hey ho... learn..focus on the big points better....and he'll win more major tournos.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #847 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20 PM »

I guess Andy would prefer to be in control of his own destiny so, yes, a Tsonga win would be better.  Still, at the moment, Andy could lose against Tsonga and go through, and also beat Tsonga and go out.

I just hope Andy has the night match on Friday so then he'll know exactly what he has to do  - unlike 2009 when he played Verdasco in the afternoon and that left Federer and DP to play out that bizarre match.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #848 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Andy was terrific in the first set. What's the matter with some of you? He was playing No 1 player in the world whose ROS and speed round the court in 2 and 3 was absolutely astonishing.
His level dropped in the second and Nole's upped. The third was very close. Shrug
Some of u need to get a grip Rolling Eyes

Right there bbh! Awesome game best of the tournament, and this will be the best, as you won't have two players so great, playing each other! Third set Andy did make some errors, but he has definitely improved enormously since this time last year. Supporting Andy through thick and thin, this guy is on the verge of being the best thing since sliced bread. C'mon Andy!!

Right there

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #849 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22 PM »

OMG some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves, if you only support Andy when he wins and berate and slate him when he loses then don't call yourself a fan you are a glory hunter.  Andy narrowly lost to the best player in the world, he is at the end of a long hard season in which he has broken through and won his first slam.  He has been with his new coach less than a year, his game is still transitioning, oh and he is playing with an underlying back complaint.  Think back to the season end of the last few years he is a better player in a better mental place.  One thing is for sure, Andy will give everything to get another win on Friday, if he qualifies then great if he doesn't it's one of those things, he will still be a GS champion and the Olympic Gold Medallist.  Cut the guy some slack and either get behind him or re-consider if you are actually a fan.  I can take constructive criticism where it s justified but to say the match Andy played was disgusting is wrong, it was a narrow defeat to the best player in the world apply some perspective guys.  It ain't over till it's over!!!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #850 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23 PM »

If Berdych wins this then beats Djokovic (not that unlikely given their respective indoor records) then all three of Murray/Djokovic/Berdych have two wins (assuming Murray beats Tsonga - if he doesn't then none of it matters anyway). Then it comes to sets and games.

If Tsonga wins, then all Andy has to do is beat him. That would mean he would have two wins, Tsonga one, and Berdych a maximum of one.

So ye, to avoid last day nerves and a potential repeat of 2009, Tsonga winning would be more ideal here.

Tsonga on the other hand would have higher motivation to win the match against Andy if he had any prospect of advancing. And Andy might get the evening match, so he will know what he has to do in order to advance and whether or not Berdych won the match against Djokovic etc. Besides, Djokovic is not Federer.

That's the thing when looking back on this without going into detail on the match. Andy is number 3 in the world, whilst Nole is number 1, on paper, the World Number 1 should win the match, and he did. We all know Andy is sh*t indoors, has he ever even won an indoors tournament? Let's remember also, Murray won the most important meeting of the two this year, so I'm not going to get upset. Hey, maybe if they do face in the final, Murray will win the important encounter, once again.

Do we, now? Andy has the 2nd best indoor winning percentage on tour (behind Federer). He won a Masters event indoors and 8 other titles. His first title ever also came indoors and he has beaten Federer twice (out of five) in these conditions. I wouldn't call him sh*t...

Some people on here get me quite riled up. Much more than this loss. And you call yourselves fans? Pfft. Citicise him all you want, but some of the comments on here, I just can't believe. Discrediting his slam win, seriously?
[ Last edit by silver lining November 07, 2012, 05:27 PM ] IP Logged
rickymcg

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #851 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Thats a problem with RR format...

ND can best avoid an Andy rematch by losing to Berdych - that could be attractive after todays clash. Rest his legs a little and get ready for the later stages??
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #852 on: November 07, 2012, 05:24 PM »

I guess Andy would prefer to be in control of his own destiny so, yes, a Tsonga win would be better.  Still, at the moment, Andy could lose against Tsonga and go through, and also beat Tsonga and go out.

I just hope Andy has the night match on Friday so then he'll know exactly what he has to do  - unlike 2009 when he played Verdasco in the afternoon and that left Federer and DP to play out that bizarre match.

Andy will have the afternoon match the BBC wil make sure of that.  Then Novak and Birds**t can stitch him up.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #853 on: November 07, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Anyway, we all know it was those awful shorts wot done it yuk
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #854 on: November 07, 2012, 05:27 PM »

To win back to back matches against Berdych and Nole is tough. Nole had an easier round against Tsonga. Had Andy played Tsonga first, then he would have had 2 victories by now. Anyway, it's an RR format so it's not like Andy is out of the tournament already. Andy now needs to beat Tsonga in straight sets.  

But you can see that Nole is pretty on here and this also confirms his tank in Paris.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »