Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 14801 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 09:34 AM »

Afternoon start better for me as I will be at home (though my bed time ) and I will get to see it Very Happy Evening match means work and livescores. Friday evening will be bad for me as I have a coffee date Sat morning, which is when it would be on. I have to take the rough with the smooth I guess lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 09:40 AM »

So,is it a confirmed afternoon session?
I have to admit,I can't understand why they wouldn't put 2 of their biggest names on at night,but sure anyway,I can't pretend to understand half of the ridiculous scheduling that goes on!Either way isn't great for me-I have to go out Wed. evening,so if it's a night match I'll miss at least the first half but get to see the end,if it's an afternoon session I'd get to see some of the first bit,but miss the end!Grrr....
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 09:57 AM »

I think there will be a lot of people happy its an afternoon session, otherwise it would clash with Celtic v Barcelona.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05 AM »

I think there will be a lot of people happy its an afternoon session, otherwise it would clash with Celtic v Barcelona.

I'm a Football fan but who even cares about that match apart from Celtic fans? Barcelona will dominate, the Celtic defence will do well, and then Uefalona will strike.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Hmm, I'm going to be controversial. Not just to be devil's advocate, I genuinely believe this is how things will transpire.

Murray in 3 here, but he'll lose to Djokovic in the final.
[/quote
Hmm, I'm going to be controversial. Not just to be devil's advocate, I genuinely believe this is how things will transpire.

I am going for the opposite, Andy to lose this in 3 then beat him in the final.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Most of the people in the rest of Britain don't give a damn.

I'm staggered it is scheduled for the afternoon. It's the biggest match of the round robin stages, and it's going to be the sleepy, quiet afternoon crowd that get to watch it. Can't help but think the BBC are getting a disproportionate say in proceedings.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48 AM »

The schedule for this one is stupid, no doubt about it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 10:57 AM »

so cross that this is being played in the afternoon as I'd been hoping to get down there in the evening if I could get a last minute ticket.  But can't go in the afternoon.  I know it means the beeb can show it but  seems weird to show what is now being billed as THE rivalry in the afternoon. 
I think Birdy might have done us a favour by helping Andy play himself in.  I've gone for Andy in 3.  Not sure how much if any I'll be able to watch on TV but at least have been able to sky+ it as got the message with the oop just before I left home early this morning.
Go Andy Go  cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36 PM »

With Djoker not playing at his best, Andy needs to step up and really attack on points. I saw a lot of errors from Djokovic yesterday, and if Andy can get his first serves in he has a great chance of winning in 2.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 12:36 PM »

But like all their meetings, it could go either way.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Djokovic will step it up against Andy anyway, as the big players always do against each other. And vice versa.

Andrew your avatar makes it look like he's underwater. lol
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 03:18 PM »

Djoko will be at his best against Andy , I have no doubt. He played as well as he had to in beating Tsonga to conserve energy for the bigger fishes. I didnt think Andy played his best against Berdych...but I never felt he would lose either..just a slow start. If Andy wins against Djoko...it wont be coz Djoko was poor.

People are creaming themselves over SmugFeds play against Tipsy...but he is playing the weakest player in the tourno...lets see him against Ferrer and Del Potro both much better players....and ultimately Murray and Djoko.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 03:32 PM »

Andy to win in three tomorrow.Hope it's a good match.Wish it was in the evening as i won't be able to watch it tommorow as i have to go to a family funeral.But will log into MW tomorrow evening to read all the post so will look forward to that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 03:48 PM »

And if this doesn't happen then you are going to stand in the corner and say out loud, "I was wrong; therefore, I am Andy's *****." – a hundred times and post pictures on MW so that we can verify.

After that, you are going to write another emotional report in the Articles section stating how you don't deserve to be a fan of Andy and why. Understand?

lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: ATPWTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Another tough match for Andy, eh? This is the reason why Andy needed to dump Paris. If he had Federer’s draw then that wouldn’t have been a problem, but he doesn’t have Federer’s luck…yet.

Anyway, again I feel this is a good timing for both to play their 2nd match against each other as they have both won their 1st matches, so there won't be as much pressure.

Also, Andy will have to serve very well and this will again be the key to keep the points short at least on Andy’s serve, which will take some additional pressure off of Andy.

I watched his match vs Berdych last night and Berdych was so afraid that Andy’s going to run down all his shots, he ended up making a ton of errors by going for a bit much. Nole won’t do that but he will still take his chances when he sees fit and Andy will probably wait for that to happen. I really think Andy knows how to play Nole but he’s having problems with his serves again and also, he had difficulties closing out matches lately. If he could eliminate both or at least keep in check, then he is with the better chances and I really hope he’s learned from his mistakes. Yesterday he broke Berdych early in the 3rd set and was able to hold his serves until the end, so this tells me he’s more focused and feeling a lot more confident than let’s say Shanghai.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »