Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 14097 times)
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Fed  has 2 pigeons and a turkey.      He can't complain.  on the subject of this match.  I think Andy will win a tight  2 setter  Smile

Two turkeys and a pigeon (Tipsy is the pigeon). :P They have a combined H2H of 3-31 against him. lol And the only guy who has actually beaten him is Del Potro. I think Ferrer has won only three sets against Fed in 13 meetings. The guy basically has a BYE to the semis. Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24 PM »

If my suspicions are correct Murray may play Wednesday and Thursday because not sure they are the same but Marray/Nielsen are scheduled for tomorrow as well as today so maybe they could play consecutive days.

The doubles groups were split on Mon and Tues so that the two teams who played in the Paris final had a day off on Monday.

Tomorrow it's Group A singles and Group B doubles, with the other groups presumably on Thursday - so (I think) back to what it should be.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Djokovic in 2 close sets - something like 7-6 7-5. Murray's level has dropped since the US Open.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Oh right thanks for that Elena.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Boogers  I think  you  are being a bit harsh.      just a tad.  Andy has just one his 1st grand slam.   It is his break through Slam year.   Give him a little credit.   It's  inevitable  that Andy will have a dip in form.   and last time I checked  he played a great match  vs Nole in Shanghai    (  which he should of won  )   tbh  I'm still in awe over the Olympics and the US Open.   Smile       Nole is very very tired  and he was not that impressive against Tsonga.   Murray equally looked shaky against Tsonga,  but he came back fighting.     In indoor  I expect Murray to dominant in the rallys.     I am going for a 7-5 7-5 win for Muzz.  
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Boogers  I think  you  are being a bit harsh.      just a tad.  Andy has just one his 1st grand slam.   It is his break through Slam year.   Give him a little credit.   It's  inevitable  that Andy will have a dip in form.   and last time I checked  he played a great match  vs Nole in Shanghai    (  which he should of won  )   tbh  I'm still in awe over the Olympics and the US Open.   Smile       Nole is very very tired  and he was not that impressive against Tsonga.   Murray equally looked shaky against Tsonga,  but he came back fighting.     In indoor  I expect Murray to dominant in the rallys.     I am going for a 7-5 7-5 win for Muzz.   

Really? Did that match already happen in your dream? :p
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Djokovic in 2 close sets - something like 7-6 7-5. Murray's level has dropped since the US Open.
I love your negativity, will be delighted to see Andy prove you wrong. I don't think his game has dropped, a semi and a final!!!!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32 PM »

You could say the form of all of the top players has dropped since the US Open, except perhaps for Ferrer and Del Potro.   You could argue that Federer's form has been down since Wimbledon, but none of that matters, as those with enough energy left will be lifting their respective games this week.

Andy's first set yesterday was sub-par for him, but Nole was sub-par on his first set yesterday too, but he had the advantage of a better match-up.   

Both players will be looking to start tomorrow's match better than they started yesterday's.  We'll find out tomorrow which one manages it the best.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59 PM »

Not sure where all this rigged draw in feds favour talk comes from, it just does not compute with me, if not for injury, rafa would have been on federers side and tipsy wouldn't even be there. It might have even been Andy if natal had stayed fit all year, his absence  is hardly smugfeds fault  Whistle

Had Nadal been in the mix the draw could have been totally different ie Andy and Federer.  Who knows how it would have come out in the wash. The fact is Federer does have a much easier draw so it makes all this talk of how wonderful he is absolute rubbish. Lets wait till we get to the business end of the week before the unwarranted adulation begins.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03 PM »

The schedule for this one is stupid, no doubt about it.

The BBC is the cause of the scheduling, simple.  Federer was scheduled for afternoon for the very same reason. It is unfortunate because it means that most of the spectators will be of wimbledon ilk whereas the evening will have more tennis fans and therefore be a better support for Andy. But when has the home benefit for one of our own ever stood in the way of TV scheduling.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47 PM »

From ATP website!

N. DJOKOVIC qualifies on Wednesday if:
- N. DJOKOVIC defeats A. MURRAY in 2 sets.
- N. DJOKOVIC defeats A. MURRAY and J. TSONGA defeats T. BERDYCH.

A. MURRAY qualifies on Wednesday if:
- A. MURRAY defeats N. DJOKOVIC and T. BERDYCH defeats J. TSONGA.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Finale%20SF%20Qualifications.aspx
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Good luck Andy mr magic, go out there and beat joker not only tomorrow, but every time you have to play him.

IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 11:35 PM »

Lets not forget that in the Shanghai Final Mr M was still not completely well. I am going for Mr M in 3.  Lets also remember Mr M was playing Berdych who was leading the H2H, and he is usually nervous in his girst match of a tournament. Both ND and Fed were playing people tgey usually walk all over. Mr M had the toughest match and still won it. I Won't be able to watch as will be on a train. Have set Sky+ going. Hoping that I will be watching Mr M in the final on Monday.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Murray to lose this one 6-3 7-6 but beat Djokovic in final.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 02:23 AM »

The thing about this match is that technically either can lose and still reach the final.....so even if Andy loses Im not sure what that tells us....and ditto for Djoko
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »