Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 11664 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 02:36 AM »

I'm a Football fan but who even cares about that match apart from Celtic fans? Barcelona will dominate, the Celtic defence will do well, and then Uefalona will strike.

Yep exactly..... Barca could play a GB select and would still dominate the game... their results dont always reflect it ...but in football ability they are streets ahead of anything the UK produces....
I'm a footie , rugby, tennis fan ...but Ill watch Andy play an event like this ahead of anything the others throw in front of me.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #76 on: November 07, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Don't want them to "kill" each other on court, assuming it's both of them going into the semis. If Nole wins, he's a cert, and of course, if Andy loses, his match against Tsonga will shred our nerves completely. nervous nervous nervous
However, not nearly so nervous about this one, after all Nole is 1 and Andy 3, so he's not expected to win.
Andy for the upset. thumb up
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #77 on: November 07, 2012, 08:02 AM »

Really? Did that match already happen in your dream? :p

obviously  Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #78 on: November 07, 2012, 09:08 AM »

I still think this could be straight sets to Andy as much as it could go to three. Djokovic just looked 'off' the other day, even though it was a straight sets win. I really do think Djokovic is beatable. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

It's funny though, they were saying in commentary yesterday that every one of them has seemed very nervous in their openers. Maybe today will be the first time we see the players really get to grips with the thing, in which case it could be a classic. I hope it is.

The fact that there is nothing to separate the two, that rankings, head to heads etc, doesn't come in to it, makes it exciting, although they have apparently never met indoors.

As for Andy's form, what nonsense to suggest he has dipped since the USO. Match points in Japan and they weren't on his serve. Match points in Shanghai in the final. In both cases a bit of luck would have got the job done. In Paris Andy admits he rushed at match points, thinking the match was over. Either way, he lasted a round longer than Djokovic.

It's clear to me that Andy is up for the WTF. I think the best is yet to come from him.

Go on Champ, make my day!

If/when Andy wins today does that mean I have to support Berdych later? Blimey, the things an Andy fan has to do lol.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #79 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26 AM »

The thing about this match is that technically either can lose and still reach the final.....so even if Andy loses Im not sure what that tells us....and ditto for Djoko

It will affect his draw for the semis. A win would probs mean playing Ferrer; a defeat and it's Fed.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #80 on: November 07, 2012, 10:51 AM »

It will affect his draw for the semis. A win would probs mean playing Ferrer; a defeat and it's Fed.

Think that is a bit disrepectful to the other players in feds half, I know its the most likely outcome but you never know. I will be there tommorrow (gutted not to be seeing Andy) and will be cheering Ferrer all the way. yay
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #81 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Think that is a bit disrepectful to the other players in feds half, I know its the most likely outcome but you never know. I will be there tommorrow (gutted not to be seeing Andy) and will be cheering Ferrer all the way. yay

Yes, Delpo is the only one in that group who could beat Fed, so he still has an outside chance.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #82 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32 AM »

My heart would love Ferrer to beat Fed. My head says he won't. He hasn't in 13 attempts, so why would he start now? Sure, he's had brilliant form this year, so maybe, just maybe, but realistically I don't see it. I'm up for being surprised though. I love Ferrer. I swear they plug the man into the electricity to charge him up. The man never seems to get tired lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #83 on: November 07, 2012, 11:46 AM »

well litterally had to rush from uni to get train to make isure im home in time. Sweating too much but it will all be worth it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #84 on: November 07, 2012, 11:49 AM »

I If/when Andy wins today does that mean I have to support Berdych later? Blimey, the things an Andy fan has to do lol.
Yes I heard that tj: if Andy wins today and birdy beats jwt then Andy is definitely in SF.  So clothes pegs on noses folks.  Sorry jw but all fair in love and tennis.  Also would mean can enjoy the match on friday in relative calm as outcome wouldn't be quite so crucial even if it does decide who Andy would play in the finals. Whereas if SF depends on it, then as bbh says  nervous would be the understatement of the tennis year
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #85 on: November 07, 2012, 12:08 PM »

My heart would love Ferrer to beat Fed. My head says he won't. He hasn't in 13 attempts, so why would he start now? Sure, he's had brilliant form this year, so maybe, just maybe, but realistically I don't see it. I'm up for being surprised though. I love Ferrer. I swear they plug the man into the electricity to charge him up. The man never seems to get tired lol.

I love it when he starts growling during points. He sounds just like a terrier on the end of a rag.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #86 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25 PM »

I love it when he starts growling during points. He sounds just like a terrier on the end of a rag.

He does indeed lol. Also, when he plays, close your eyes and listen to him grunt. Do the same when Andy plays. Andy has a Spanish grunt lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Yes I heard that tj: if Andy wins today and birdy beats jwt then Andy is definitely in SF.  So clothes pegs on noses folks.  Sorry jw but all fair in love and tennis.  Also would mean can enjoy the match on friday in relative calm as outcome wouldn't be quite so crucial even if it does decide who Andy would play in the finals. Whereas if SF depends on it, then as bbh says  nervous would be the understatement of the tennis year

So supporting Berdych it is then, assuming Andy gets the win today. Sorry JW, it has to be done. It won't stop me being rude to Berdych during the match mind. I mean, with my voice just now it isn't as if he will hear me.....
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Envious of you all. I'll catch 45 mins of this at most. Wish I was like Nigel and self-employed.

I'd be close to financial ruin and my family would be huddling round a candle for warmth, but at least I could watch the tennis.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #89 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55 PM »

I watched the Ferrer/DelPo match last night.

Daveed is playing hungry like a wolf.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »