Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 14657 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #855 on: November 07, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Novak may not be Federer but hes not stupid.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #856 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Anyway, we all know it was those awful shorts wot done it yuk

Oh yes and then he changed into the equally awful top in the 2nd set and that was it!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #857 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28 PM »

::
OMG some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves, if you only support Andy when he wins and berate and slate him when he loses then don't call yourself a fan you are a glory hunter.  Andy narrowly lost to the best player in the world, he is at the end of a long hard season in which he has broken through and won his first slam.  He has been with his new coach less than a year, his game is still transitioning, oh and he is playing with an underlying back complaint.  Think back to the season end of the last few years he is a better player in a better mental place.  One thing is for sure, Andy will give everything to get another win on Friday, if he qualifies then great if he doesn't it's one of those things, he will still be a GS champion and the Olympic Gold Medallist.  Cut the guy some slack and either get behind him or re-consider if you are actually a fan.  I can take constructive criticism where it s justified but to say the match Andy played was disgusting is wrong, it was a narrow defeat to the best player in the world apply some perspective guys.  It ain't over till it's over!!!
, Good posting! some people on here are just unbelievable !! And it is far from over.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #858 on: November 07, 2012, 05:29 PM »

I am a fan.  ok  I will be negative sometimes.  and why do people keep on  saying  oh he's number  1 blah blah blah.  Andy is quite capable of Beating Novak   in straight sets.  There isn't much difference between them
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #859 on: November 07, 2012, 05:31 PM »

So right there MM,love your post! I haver had a few texts from people who say they support Andy, and when the looses after what I call an awesome match, they are not really Andy fans. As Peter Fleming said Andy only lost the 2nd set by TWO POINTS, should have been 1 really, as if Andy had called on Hawkeye he would have one that point and the 2nd set could have turned out differently! But I can see who are really die hard Andy fans on this thread, I have had to put up with some shite from so called Andy fans sending me texts, after this match,  they don't seem to be watching the same match as me, or do they really no nothing about the game of tennis! I think the latter applies!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #860 on: November 07, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Warning: It gets complicated,

As it stands:

[Player - matches won-lost - sets won/lost]

1 Djokovic - 2-0 - 4/1
2 Murray - 1-1 - 3/3
3 Berdych - 0-1 - 1/2
4 Tsonga - 0-1 - 0/2

So these are the scenarios of tonight's match:

Berdych in 2:

1 Djokovic - 2-0 - 4/1
2 Berdych - 1-1 - 3/2
3 Murray - 1-1 - 3/3
4 Tsonga - 0-2 - 0/4

Final match:

Murray and Djokovic win -> qualifies.

Murray wins in 2, Berdych wins in 2 -> qualifies
Murray wins in 2, Berdych wins in 3 -> Murray, Berdych, Djokovic tied, comes down to games won/lost.
Murray wins in 3, Berdych wins -> doesn't qualify.

Murray loses in 2 -> doesn't qualify
Murray loses in 3, Berdych wins -> doesn't qualify
Murray loses in 3, Djokovic wins in 3 -> doesn't qualify
Murray loses in 3, Djokovic wins in 2 -> qualifies

Berdych in 3:

1 Djokovic - 2-0 - 4/1
2 Berdych - 1-1 - 3/3
= Murray - 1-1 - 3/3
4 Tsonga - 0-2 - 1/4

Final match:

Murray and Djokovic win -> qualifies.

Murray wins in 2, Berdych wins in 2 -> qualifies
Murray wins in 2, Berdych wins in 3 -> qualifies
Murray wins in 3, Berdych wins in 2 -> doesn't qualify.
Murray wins in 3, Berdych wins in 3 -> Murray and Berdych level, comes down to games won/lost.

Murray loses in 2 -> doesn't qualify
Murray loses in 3, Berdych wins -> doesn't qualify
Murray loses in 3, Djokovic wins in 3 -> Murray and Berdych level, comes down to games won/lost
Murray loses in 3, Djokovic wins in 2 -> qualifies

Tsonga in 3:

1 Djokovic - 2-0 - 4/1
2 Murray - 1-1 - 3/3
3 Tsonga - 1-1 - 2/3
4 Berdych - 0-2 - 2/4

Final match:

Murray wins -> qualifies
Murray loses -> doesn't qualify

Tsonga in 2:

1 Djokovic - 2-0 - 4/1
2 Murray - 1-1 - 3/3
= Tsonga - 1-1 - 2/2
4 Berdych - 0-2 - 1/4

Final match:

Murray wins -> qualifies
Murray loses -> doesn't qualify
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter November 07, 2012, 06:00 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #861 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33 PM »

I am a fan.  ok  I will be negative sometimes.  and why do people keep on  saying  oh he's number  1 blah blah blah.  Andy is quite capable of Beating Novak   in straight sets.  There isn't much difference between them

Exactly, there is not much difference between them therefore he is not going to win every time, he won the important one this year.  Come on JK it was a narrow defeat, I know you are a fan but you need to stick with it, enjoy the good but don't turn on him just because he lost.  Would you rather see him lose to the No. 1 player or to Berdych? 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #862 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Yes and Novak is capable of beating Andy in straight sets, thats why everyone is saying how closely matched they are!  Unfortunately someone has to loose, this time it was Andy. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #863 on: November 07, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Sorry Tsonga needs to beat Berdcyh tonight. That's the most ideal scenario as it stands.

Berdych winning either in 2 o 3 puts Andy under a lot of pressure, Tsonga it is then.  
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #864 on: November 07, 2012, 05:35 PM »

I've seen all the matches  so far at the WTF  and not one has impressed me.

I suggest you watch Andy in the 1st set against Novak! Awesome, outstanding play!!!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #865 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36 PM »

A great match,a pity someone had to lose and that  it had to be Andy, but there was no disgrace in defeat. I was proud of his efforts and his bravery. However I would  certainly consign those yellow shorts to the back of the wardrobe
  All is not lost Lets see how he gets on with Tsonga on Friday I'm sure he'll win that one
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #866 on: November 07, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Sorry Tsonga needs to beat Berdcyh tonight. That's the most ideal scenario as it stands.

Berdych winning either in 2 o 3 puts Andy under a lot of pressure, Tsonga it is then. 

Just checking Emma, I thought us Murray fans had to cheer for Birdbitch, for Andy to go through, now you are saying we have to cheer for Tsonga, could you explain, please!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #867 on: November 07, 2012, 05:37 PM »

So right there MM,love your post! I haver had a few texts from people who say they support Andy, and when the looses after what I call an awesome match, they are not really Andy fans. As Peter Fleming said Andy only lost the 2nd set by TWO POINTS, should have been 1 really, as if Andy had called on Hawkeye he would have one that point and the 2nd set could have turned out differently! But I can see who are really die hard Andy fans on this thread, I have had to put up with some shite from so called Andy fans sending me texts, after this match,  they don't seem to be watching the same match as me, or do they really no nothing about the game of tennis! I think the latter applies!

I get the same sort of texts from people that I would say are "two week Wimbledon" tennis fans I.e they know very little about the game!! They are also friends but they annoy me with their negative knowledge!!  Onwards and upwards, it is all to play for.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #868 on: November 07, 2012, 05:37 PM »

sorry but I've  have had one of the worst weeks ever,      so sorry if I was a bit out of hand.  just wanted some cheering up.    just really stressed.  ok  Andy played well.  in the first set  but he just couldn't maintain it. Congrats Novak.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #869 on: November 07, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Basically:

Tsonga wins tonight - winner takes all on Friday.
Berdych wins tonight - it gets complicated.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »