Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 12174 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #870 on: November 07, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Just checking Emma, I thought us Murray fans had to cheer for Birdbitch, for Andy to go through, now you are saying we have to cheer for Tsonga, could you explain, please!

Sorry for misleading! but I miscalculated. MH's current RR standings explain everything. Tsonga winning tonight either in 2 or 3 gives Andy the advantage; Andy will have to beat Tsonga regardless.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #871 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40 PM »

so  we want  Tsonga  to win  right.   
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #872 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Just checking Emma, I thought us Murray fans had to cheer for Birdbitch, for Andy to go through, now you are saying we have to cheer for Tsonga, could you explain, please!
We only wanted Berdych to win if Andy had won today, basically.

If Tsonga wins, all Andy has to do is beat him.

If Berdych wins, but Andy and Djokovic both win on Friday, Andy qualifies.

If Berdych wins, and beats Djokovic, it's all in the balance.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #873 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Hi All,

I've glanced at just the last few pages of this thread, and typically, I am left fuming. Andy narrowly loses to the number one in the world and he deserves name calling and abuse from fans, one fan in particular who didn't even see the entire bloody match? Please, give me a break.

Andy played a brilliant, brilliant first set. His level of play was easily right up there with anything he produced in the final of the USO. What did you people think was going to happen then, Djokovic was going to be a good little Serbian and hand over the match, deciding he didn't fancy it today? If you did you are delusional. It was patently obvious Djokovic, as the world no.1, at least in waiting if not literally yet, would do everything he could to lift his game, and he did, taking the second set.

Andy could have rolled over when Djokovic started to get a grip in the third. I must admit to being momentarily worried that Andy might not be able to stop the run, but stop it he did. He worked his backside off to level the set and then to break, but Djokovic was obviously not about to be denied. Anyone who thinks Andy choked or handed over the win was clearly watching something else. Andy fought, but this time he just narrowly lost.

All Andy did wrong was to drop his level just a bit in the second set, but credit to Djokovic as well for getting his head out of his backside and lifting his game when he needed to. Frankly, between the first and second set I swear Andy was playing two different people. I think Djokovic thought the same.

I'm not going to get into the permutations of what needs to happen now. I'm sure someone will explain it. However, what I am going to say unfortunately, is that I've only been around here since just after Wimbledon. I was looking for somewhere where I could share following Andy's career with like-minded people, and I thought I'd found it after searching for a long time. When things are positive this is a great place to be. I don't expect Andy to be praised to the skies when he plays badly, don't misunderstand me, but what I  also don't expect is Andy to be abused and insulted every time he fails to live up to some people's exacting standards. Some of you, unfortunately, are fans of Andy when, and only when, he wins, and seem unable to resist sticking the boot into the man when he loses, and please, don't patronise us by suggesting that some of the remarks around here are knee-jerk reactions. If they are then some of you need to get a bit of a grip. I am disappointed, I really believed Andy was going to win today, but he isn't finished yet. He fought today and just narrowly lost. It's nothing to get suicidal about.

God help Andy when he gets to no.1 and then loses a match. The knives will really come out then.
[ Last edit by teejay1 November 07, 2012, 05:46 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #874 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42 PM »

so  we want  Tsonga  to win  right.   

Hey the real JK is back in the room lol. Come on John, you are a proper fan, chin up and let's get behind Andy.........
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #875 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Berdych is still the intimidating factor here. He can beat both Tsonga and Nole, especially if Nole's not up for another competitive match against Berdych. But let's see what happens between Berdych and Tsonga first.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #876 on: November 07, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Tsonga on the other hand would have higher motivation to win the match against Andy if he had any prospect of advancing. And Andy might get the evening match, so he will know what he has to do in order to advance and whether or not Berdych won the match against Djokovic etc. Besides, Djokovic is not Federer.

Do we, now? Andy has the 2nd best indoor winning percentage on tour (behind Federer). He won a Masters event indoors and 8 other titles. His first title ever also came indoors and he has beaten Federer twice (out of five) in these conditions. I wouldn't call him sh*t...

Some people on here get me quite riled up. Much more than this loss. And you call yourselves fans? Pfft. Citicise him all you want, but some of the comments on here, I just can't believe. Discrediting his slam win, seriously?

Well my bad for the indoors stat, but recently he's been poor, he's never gone deep here, and he's never gone deep in Paris...

I seriously hope that comment in bold is not aimed at me. I'm barely negative. Most of my comment there was positive, stating how losing to the world number one isn't a disaster whatsoever. Don't read into that "his indoor record is ****" comment either, obviously my statement was stupid, because I didn't research the facts correct. Besides, being frustrated at certain aspects of Andy's game, and making the odd negative comments, which may include saying he played ****, or certain aspects of his game were ****, doesn't make you a bad fan. I'm sorry for showing passion...
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #877 on: November 07, 2012, 05:45 PM »

I'm not sure he chokes, but he does drop in confidence. Compare his confidence levels from the first set to the third.

Posted any articles on B/R yet?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #878 on: November 07, 2012, 05:45 PM »

We only wanted Berdych to win if Andy had won today, basically.

If Tsonga wins, all Andy has to do is beat him.

If Berdych wins, but Andy and Djokovic both win on Friday, Andy qualifies.

If Berdych wins, and beats Djokovic, it's all in the balance.

I see Andy qualifying but then he will have Federer to deal with but first thing first.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #879 on: November 07, 2012, 05:45 PM »

Not tennis related -    but  do you know  when someone had done something  not nice to you... and then you react harshly and feel really angry.  That's what I feel just now.    yeah  I  am just not feeling quite myself today  Frown 
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #880 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Well my bad for the indoors stat, but recently he's been poor, he's never gone deep here, and he's never gone deep in Paris...

I seriously hope that comment in bold is not aimed at me. I'm barely negative. Most of my comment there was positive, stating how losing to the world number one isn't a disaster whatsoever. Don't read into that "his indoor record is sh*t" comment either, obviously my statement was stupid, because I didn't research the facts correct. Besides, being frustrated at certain aspects of Andy's game, and making the odd negative comments, which may include saying he played sh*t, or certain aspects of his game were sh*t, doesn't make you a bad fan. I'm sorry for showing passion...

No, the last comment wasn't aimed at you at all, actually. Smile I was more talking about boogers... I have a hard time believing he's truly an Andy fan tbh.

Some of his comments are what I expect from people on MTF or haters in general, but not on an Andy FAN forum. Has nothing to do with being realistic either. Be negative if you like, but at least be respectful. I just can't believe people would pounce on him constantly after everything he's achieved this year. So what if he doesn't make it out of the group? He's ending the year ranked 3rd for the first time ever, won OG and a Grand Slam... People are becoming so greedy. He was never going to dominate the tour or anything like that, I'm not sure what people expected. He will win again, but there are also going to be lows. Murraycoaster. We always knew what we signed up for.
[ Last edit by silver lining November 07, 2012, 05:51 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #881 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Berdych is still the intimidating factor here. He can beat both Tsonga and Nole, especially if Nole's not up for another competitive match against Berdych. But let's see what happens between Berdych and Tsonga first.

Sorry, but I don't think Birdbitch can beat Novak! Tsonga has no chance against Novak!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #882 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47 PM »

Those who care, please know that negative people will feed negative energies; that's how they survive so let's not focus on that and focus on what's really important here and that is for Andy to qualify for the semi-final spot first.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #883 on: November 07, 2012, 05:48 PM »

No, the last comment wasn't aimed at you at all, actually. Smile I was more talking about boogers... I have a hard ztime believing he's truly an Andy fan tbh.

Ok glad to clear that up. I am a very frustrated sports fan at times, but respect the players and athletes always.

Boogers and Clydey are Andy fans, I think a lot of what they do is trolling but whatever. I'm kinda used to it and some of Phil's comments do make me laugh.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #884 on: November 07, 2012, 05:48 PM »

I see Andy qualifying but then he will have Federer to deal with but first thing first.

I don't  see a problem with Fed, as he has Andy under his skin!:)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »