Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 12796 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #885 on: November 07, 2012, 05:48 PM »

oh  I hate this  RR  format.    It's like maths all over again. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #886 on: November 07, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Sorry, but I don't think Birdbitch can beat Novak! Tsonga has no chance against Novak!

Nole can **** things up for his own selfish reasons. You eliminate Andy, you eliminate the possibility of playing him in the final.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #887 on: November 07, 2012, 05:50 PM »

I don't  see a problem with Fed, as he has Andy under his skin!:)

I was acting confident like you a week ago, but Fed is still a quality indoor player, and there's no rain to put him off his game in the o2.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #888 on: November 07, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Berdych is still the intimidating factor here. He can beat both Tsonga and Nole, especially if Nole's not up for another competitive match against Berdych. But let's see what happens between Berdych and Tsonga first.

I might be being a tad thick, I probably am, but Berdych beat Nole? If I remember correctly he never has before, why would he start now?  There are two things I'd put good money on in the WTF, one is, unfortunately, Federer beating Ferrer. The other is Nole beating Berdych. I just don't see it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #889 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52 PM »

I see Andy qualifying but then he will have Federer to deal with but first thing first.
Let's worry about that later eh.

As it is I think winning the group is slim now. He's have to win in straights and hope Djokovic loses to Berdych in straights. Of course if one of Murray/Berdych wins in straights and the other wins in 3, it comes down to games won/lost between them.. ye let's not go there.

Personally I'm not fussed who he might play in the semis. Main thing is to get there.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #890 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52 PM »

Hi all just come in missed the match today sorry to see Andy lost.But hay some you win and some you lose.All Andy can do from here on in is take care of his own matche against JW  and what will be will be.He cant dictate the outcome of the other matches there out of his hands.
[ Last edit by caroline November 07, 2012, 05:56 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #891 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Oh  please.  Roger will complain about the rain again.  so  on that note  Murray will win.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #892 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53 PM »

We only wanted Berdych to win if Andy had won today, basically.

If Tsonga wins, all Andy has to do is beat him.

If Berdych wins, but Andy and Djokovic both win on Friday, Andy qualifies.

Phew! This is the scary part, even before today result between Andy and Novak, I have thought that Birdbitch would beat Tsonga, seeing the way he played against Andy and the way Tsonga played against Fed! Tsonga looks rubbish!

If Berdych wins, and beats Djokovic, it's all in the balance.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #893 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I can't get too angry about Andy's performances. He's won a slam and it's all gravy now.

I just put it all in perspective. I was brought up in the era of Buster 'Racial Tolerance' Mottram and Mark 'No Actual Shots' Cox. To have a British world number 3 who's an Olympic and grand-slam champion is like la-la land.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #894 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I managed to swap my seat at information for one right down the front. From there I could see just how hard AM was hitting the ball. His power on the forehand definitely dropped off by set three. I would put that down to end of season tiredness. In the first set, he was hitting forehands harder than Djokovic, some real crunchers.

Credit to Andy for coming back from a horrible patch early in set three. Another narrow loss to the best player on the planet right now.

Actually, I think Andy's best is better than Djokovic's, but Djokovic is maybe more consistent throughout a match.

An inspired AM to beat Djokovic in the final in two sets.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #895 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Ok glad to clear that up. I am a very frustrated sports fan at times, but respect the players and athletes always.

Boogers and Clydey are Andy fans, I think a lot of what they do is trolling but whatever. I'm kinda used to it and some of Phil's comments do make me laugh.

I don't think a true fan would question the biggest win of Andy's career. Wink But whatever, I'm just going to ignore him.

Clydey is fine. Well, at least he doesn't bother me.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #896 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I was acting confident like you a week ago, but Fed is still a quality indoor player, and there's no rain to put him off his game in the o2.

I don't know, a teensy weensy bit of sweat might get on to the court and put ickle Feddypoos off, like in Shanghai with the tiny drop (or three) of rain he made such a fuss about.

Sorry, silly mood now lol.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #897 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I might be being a tad thick, I probably am, but Berdych beat Nole? If I remember correctly he never has before, why would he start now?  There are two things I'd put good money on in the WTF, one is, unfortunately, Federer beating Ferrer. The other is Nole beating Berdych. I just don't see it.
How often have Berdych and Djokovic met indoors?

I think indoor is probably Berdych's best surface, whilst Djokovic doesn't seem quite as strong as on the outdoor hard courts.

I think Djokovic will win but you never know, and after the 2009 fiasco we have to take into account tanking.

Let's hope BBC leave their nose out and let Andy have the evening match Friday.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #898 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I wouldn't count Ferrer out vs Federer. Sure he might not of beat Fed before, but have you seen how consistent Ferrer has been indoors this year? Not only that, but hadn't Daveydenko never beaten fed before in 09, but then he did beat him? Ferrer could pull off the shock and go on to do what Federer did last year with a quality in door season
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #899 on: November 07, 2012, 05:56 PM »

I managed to swap my seat at information for one right down the front. From there I could see just how hard AM was hitting the ball. His power on the forehand definitely dropped off by set three. I would put that down to end of season tiredness. In the first set, he was hitting forehands harder than Djokovic, some real crunchers.

Credit to Andy for coming back from a horrible patch early in set three. Another narrow loss to the best player on the planet right now.

Actually, I think Andy's best is better than Djokovic's, but Djokovic is maybe more consistent throughout a match.

An inspired AM to beat Djokovic in the final in two sets.

Murray has far more variety (and power, when he uses it) than the Djoker. These are the keys to victory, and what he used in the first set, which is about as well as I've seen him play.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »