Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!!
Murray in 2 - 11 (26.8%)
Murray in 3 - 23 (56.1%)
Djokovic in 2 - 2 (4.9%)
Djokovic in 3 - 5 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 67 Go Down Reply
Author

WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 14770 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #900 on: November 07, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Gotta laugh on here....some folks!sigh..pre Djoko v Murray... He can afford to lose...he can still win...Post Djoko v Murray ..after they play great match ...Andy is an abject failure...Really?? ...ease up folks!...I'll send you some reality medicine ..if that helps.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #901 on: November 07, 2012, 05:58 PM »

How often have Berdych and Djokovic met indoors?

I think indoor is probably Berdych's best surface, whilst Djokovic doesn't seem quite as strong as on the outdoor hard courts.

I think Djokovic will win but you never know, and after the 2009 fiasco we have to take into account tanking.

Let's hope BBC leave their nose out and let Andy have the evening match Friday.

Yes, do the BBC actually have a Scooby? What's with the afternoon scheduling, especially vs Djoker?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #902 on: November 07, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Basically:

Tsonga wins tonight - winner takes all on Friday.
Berdych wins tonight - it gets complicated.

Thanks TMH, right to the point. C'Mon Tsonga!!
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #903 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00 PM »

@themadhatter

Head to head gets used whenever two players are left tied at any stage, so for example, it'll never come down to games percentage between Murray and Berdych alone, because Murray beat Berdych.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #904 on: November 07, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Yamor! Just when we need you, you come in from the cold?

Thought you were great in Skyfall.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #905 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02 PM »

I wouldn't count Ferrer out vs Federer. Sure he might not of beat Fed before, but have you seen how consistent Ferrer has been indoors this year? Not only that, but hadn't Daveydenko never beaten fed before in 09, but then he did beat him? Ferrer could pull off the shock and go on to do what Federer did last year with a quality in door season

That was Fed's punishment for conspiring against Andy. It cost him the title. Wink
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #906 on: November 07, 2012, 06:03 PM »

@themadhatter

Head to head gets used whenever two players are left tied at any stage, so for example, it'll never come down to games percentage between Murray and Berdych alone, because Murray beat Berdych.
I didn't realise that. Will have to recalculate then.

As far as I can see, it only affects the Berdych wins in 3 tonight, then Murray and Berdych both win in 3 on Friday.

Which would mean Berdych, Djokovic and Murray all have 2-1 match wins, whilst Djokovic has 5-3 sets won to Murray and Berdych 5-4 sets won.

So question is - does H2H come into it before sets are taken into account, or after?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #907 on: November 07, 2012, 06:04 PM »

@themadhatter

There will be 3 guys tied though, because if Djokovic loses and Andy wins, they will all be 2-1.

Andy did beat del Potro in 2009 and still didn't advance.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #908 on: November 07, 2012, 06:04 PM »

The match between Tsonga and Berdych will eliminate a few scenarios so let's just focus on that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #909 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09 PM »

Hi All,

I've glanced at just the last few pages of this thread, and typically, I am left fuming. Andy narrowly loses to the number one in the world and he deserves name calling and abuse from fans, one fan in particular who didn't even see the entire bloody match? Please, give me a break.

Andy played a brilliant, brilliant first set. His level of play was easily right up there with anything he produced in the final of the USO. What did you people think was going to happen then, Djokovic was going to be a good little Serbian and hand over the match, deciding he didn't fancy it today? If you did you are delusional. It was patently obvious Djokovic, as the world no.1, at least in waiting if not literally yet, would do everything he could to lift his game, and he did, taking the second set.

Andy could have rolled over when Djokovic started to get a grip in the third. I must admit to being momentarily worried that Andy might not be able to stop the run, but stop it he did. He worked his backside off to level the set and then to break, but Djokovic was obviously not about to be denied. Anyone who thinks Andy choked or handed over the win was clearly watching something else. Andy fought, but this time he just narrowly lost.

All Andy did wrong was to drop his level just a bit in the second set, but credit to Djokovic as well for getting his head out of his backside and lifting his game when he needed to. Frankly, between the first and second set I swear Andy was playing two different people. I think Djokovic thought the same.

I'm not going to get into the permutations of what needs to happen now. I'm sure someone will explain it. However, what I am going to say unfortunately, is that I've only been around here since just after Wimbledon. I was looking for somewhere where I could share following Andy's career with like-minded people, and I thought I'd found it after searching for a long time. When things are positive this is a great place to be. I don't expect Andy to be praised to the skies when he plays badly, don't misunderstand me, but what I  also don't expect is Andy to be abused and insulted every time he fails to live up to some people's exacting standards. Some of you, unfortunately, are fans of Andy when, and only when, he wins, and seem unable to resist sticking the boot into the man when he loses, and please, don't patronise us by suggesting that some of the remarks around here are knee-jerk reactions. If they are then some of you need to get a bit of a grip. I am disappointed, I really believed Andy was going to win today, but he isn't finished yet. He fought today and just narrowly lost. It's nothing to get suicidal about.

God help Andy when he gets to no.1 and then loses a match. The knives will really come out then.
.    It's always the same tj , only fans when Andy wins, and the thing is he hasn't lost yet, !!! he will still  qualify in my opinion .  .
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #910 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09 PM »

@themadhatter

...........  but Andy beat Delpo in 2009 but Delpo advanced on games difference.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #911 on: November 07, 2012, 06:10 PM »

this has been a terrible disgusting tournament.     pathetic match. 

If you thought that was a pathetic match you don't like tennis. Murray was brilliant in the first set, and fought back brilliantly from a wobbly patch in set three, to come very close. Djokovic was his usual amazing elastic self in sets two and three. Some of Nole's returns were incredible. I think ND's error count was down at about 5 in set two, which is invariably an indicator of someone playing top tennis.

As for the tournament, some of the  games haven't been brilliant, but there was today's match, Ferrer v Del Potro, and Federer also played some good stuff against Tipsarevic.
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #912 on: November 07, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Federer recons his fans are respectful to the other players!

Does he need reminding about a certain banner that his fans had at the olympics?

And this round robin always gives me a headache. I hope it all goes Andy's way this time.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #913 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12 PM »

...........  but Andy beat Delpo in 2009 but Delpo advanced on games difference.
I think that was because of all three of Murray, Federer and Del Potro were tied on matches won and sets won/lost.

In the one confusing scenario, Djokovic would have 5/3 sets won/lost whilst Murray and Berdych would have 5/4. Which means the scenario is slightly different to 2009.

If H2H separates every tie, then it favours Murray. If it is only a separator after matches won/lost, then it might not make a difference.

Anyway there's no point worrying about that now. We can look at that scenario tomorrow if it comes to that (Berdych would have to win in 3 sets tonight, although this is arguably the greatest possibility of the 4 scenarios).

All we need to know is that we want Tsonga to win tonight.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: WTF RR: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #914 on: November 07, 2012, 06:13 PM »

If you thought that was a pathetic match you don't like tennis. Murray was brilliant in the first set, and fought back brilliantly from a wobbly patch in set three, to come very close. Djokovic was his usual amazing elastic self in sets two and three. Some of Nole's returns were incredible. I think ND's error count was down at about 5 in set two, which is invariably an indicator of someone playing top tennis.

As for the tournament, some of the  games haven't been brilliant, but there was today's match, Ferrer v Del Potro, and Federer also played some good stuff against Tipsarevic.

What was it like, up-close, Dave?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 67 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »