Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Australian Open 2012

(Read 10400 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #390 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44 PM »

And hearing them drunkenly  braying from the corporate boxes Frown
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #391 on: January 19, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Never been to either Wimbledon or the AO but know which one I would rather go to........... sitting with a bunch of Hoorah Henry's with their over priced Pims and their "He'll never be Tim" thoughts or sitting with people who go to tennis because they enjoy and want to watch it and not because it is some sort of status symbol.  Mmmmmm difficult choice!!!!! The support from the Andy Boys is fab and has been for the last couple of tourneys - if they were in it for "five minutes of fame " I think they might have gone by now.  They are brilliant and very much appreciated by Andy fans everywhere and by the looks of it the Murray family.  I am glad that Murray fans are all different and not mass produced Federites with their monogrammed hats and t-shirts!!!!  Keep up the good work Andy Boys.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #392 on: January 19, 2012, 07:49 PM »

Well having had to sit through a smugfed match at 02 surrounded by a sea of Fed fans wearing every possible visible article of clothing imprinted with RF (and no doubt their underwear too] ak's criticism takes the biscuit.
Ruthie, you're not thinking straight, my dear. lol

That's not the same at all. Exceptions must be made of course for him and his fans. naughty
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #393 on: January 19, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Sorry Joe hadn't read your post when I wrote mine about Fed fans.  I can tell you it's utterly nauseating being marooned amongst them.

Yep, I was at Murray vs Federer at the O2 in 2009 and the place was crawling with them.
When I went to Djokovic vs Ferrer the other month, the large-nosed one wasn't even there that night, yet there was still plenty of fools wearing his insignia!

They're idiots. I really don't think that's too strong a term. The man has shown himself repeatedly to be the most ungracious and narcissistic player around, yet they kiss the ground he walks on.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #394 on: January 19, 2012, 08:24 PM »

I really hope Andy dips into this community sometimes because he would see how widespread his fan base is. Think its fantastic that people from all over the world come together to talk tennis and especially Andy.

As for the Andy boys at the open I will smile even wider when I see them on the tv now knowing one of them is one of us!

Keep it up lads!
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #395 on: January 20, 2012, 12:15 AM »

I think the " Andy boys " are fantastic !!!!

love reading Shanes blog and seeing pics.

Its nice to see young guys showing an interest in tennis , and a passion for one of their fav players.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #396 on: January 20, 2012, 12:18 AM »

Aileen, mine is a genuine question. I love the Andy boys and would love to know if they are from this forum. I got curious because of the picture posted here. Not sure why you are lumping me with ak400.

I personally think they bring an electric atmosphere to the court.

Emma - I only added your quote to ak400's because I was trying to address both your posts in my first paragraph.  My apologies for any misunderstanding.

I really hope Andy dips into this community sometimes because he would see how widespread his fan base is. Think its fantastic that people from all over the world come together to talk tennis and especially Andy.

As for the Andy boys at the open I will smile even wider when I see them on the tv now knowing one of them is one of us!

Keep it up lads!
I think Andy must dip into this forum from time to time, hence the recent "exclusives" he gave us.  Did you read Shane's thread introducing himself?  I did and had quite a chat with him.  He seemed a really nice lad.  Also the Boys are planning to come to Wimbledon next year - and that is something I really look forward to. It'll certainly shake the cobwebs off the place.  Hopefully Judy will be able to get seats for them.

Well said Aileen. Shane the lad wearing Y is writing a blog re their experiences at the Open.
Here is a photo of some of them with Judy Murray after Andy's match today.
Thanks for that Michelle.  Great to see Judy looking so happy with them.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 20, 2012, 12:23 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #397 on: January 20, 2012, 12:38 AM »

This guy got over 1 million hits on youtube, these guys seem to be getting their few minutes of fame, who knows maybe he has shown them the way a bit like Lendl is doing so well for Murray.
I can understand why that video got so many hits - I expect nobody in their sane mind could believe that anyone could come on a TV talent show and make such a monumental fool (I could use a much less polite word) of himself.  He deserved all the ridicule he got from the panel.
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #398 on: January 20, 2012, 12:51 AM »

First of all, the Andy Boys aren't drunken louts but a group of intelligent, enthusiastic youngsters who've got behind Andy at the AO for some years now.  I don't know if they've actually met Andy but they have met his mother and his team and got their full approval, and one of them (the Y) is a member of this forum and he's delightful to chat with.

Is it a good atmosphere for tennis?  Well for one thing, this is Melbourne, not stuffy old Wimbledon with its good share of upper middle class Pimms and strawberry fat cats, or New York with its raucous bear garden.  The Aussies really do appreciate the sport but believe in turning all their big tournaments into fun occasions which everyone, young and old, can participate in and enjoy, and this is something that makes tennis attractive.

I'm quite sure that most of the players don't have problems with this particular lively atmosphere, or if they do have any complaints then I've never heard them. As far as I'm concerned, it's a pity the other three Slams can't follow suit - and I can't wait to see a greatly loosened-up SW19 come the Olympics.

Thank you, Aileen. I appreciate that.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #399 on: January 20, 2012, 01:31 AM »

Lads you deserve a medal for your dedication to Andy! You're an institution now, you realise!

Thanks from me anyway  thumb up
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #400 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43 AM »

My pleasure. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #401 on: January 20, 2012, 03:14 AM »

Dear AussieAndyFan.. just when my hubby thinks I am losing-the-plot by being such an Andy Supporter, I tell him about you: the 'Y-GUY'  in A-N-D-Y on the forum I log onto each day... then I think he begins to understand I'm not the only Andy supporter after all....
Thank you for keeping it real.. always look for you on the telly (and have seen you many times)
I just know Andy relishes your support.. good to see your picture with Judy.
Please keep it up you and your lads! jumping-w00t
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #402 on: January 20, 2012, 04:52 AM »

Having been to the AO twice and have seen Andy play there 3 times, I can honestly say that it's a great atmosphere when they (Andy's boys) are there and was much better than another person's match I've seen.  You also get a buzzing atmosphere when there's a Croatian player yes  And if I remember right, Djokovic has a similar following search

* show_image_248.php.jpg (44.71 KB, 580x300 - viewed 127 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc January 20, 2012, 05:16 AM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #403 on: January 20, 2012, 07:13 AM »

Y.R.U.Y.N.O.T.A.N.D.?
[ Last edit by robbie January 20, 2012, 07:20 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #404 on: January 20, 2012, 08:00 AM »

And if I remember right, Djokovic has a similar following search
Surely they're just copying Andy's boys?  Yes you have become an institution acknowledged even by the BBC so I'm sure you'll get picked up by the media when you come to Wimbledon and help shake it up and give a lesson to the English about the kind of devoted supporters Andy has the other side of the world.  Btw are you going to get together with the M U R R A Y lads some time?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »