Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Australian Open 2012

(Read 10545 times)
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #420 on: January 20, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Thanks for your reply, I have no problem with you or your mates, I'll be honest to me personally it is not what I'd do and maybe it's not what I see apropriate BUT the beauty of the world we live in is that one man's food is another man's poison! So if you guys are happy the people are supportive etc then well good luck to you!

End of the day you are obviously a passionate tennis fan just like me so while we have maybe different approaches to the game our love for tennis is quite a unifying force!

Enjoy the rest of the tournament! And have a beer on me! And make sure you rest those voices so you are ready for tonight Wink

Appreciate the honesty!

Each to their own. Smile
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #421 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Alright mate.

We support other players too, not just Murray. I could easily get 5 minutes of fame doing other things. We do this because we love Andy and we all enjoy tennis.

Not one of our chants has lyrics relating to us, they are all directed entirely towards Andy & the players. From what we hear at the stadiums, our chants get a good reception with people clapping along and laughing/smiling etc.

Judy has thanked us, so has Lou & coaching staff, for the support we give. We don't want the focus on us because our focus is on Andy.

Theres too many people who support players but just go along with the crowd, I like to think we are something different and give Andy something else when he is playing.

Passion and sport just go together. I love your support towards Andy and hope you have a great time throughout the whole tournament. Wink
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #422 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43 PM »

I see Murray is on Hisense court again

Is anyone else worried about the fact that the other top three have all played on rod Laver courts and murray has yet to experience it this year?

hopefully after playing Llodra he might get at least one game on it before he faces Jokevic (mispelt intended)
As i said on another thread, there are advantages to playing on the same court several times, but as he advances in the rounds and hopefully gets closer it will be of benefit to experience RLA before a "crunching" match-up.

Andy has played RLA previously of course so he knows what the atmosphere is like. He justs need to get used to the surface again.

It must be his turn for RLA after Llodra, surely? The organisers must see this too.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #423 on: January 20, 2012, 02:17 PM »

It isn't really my etiquette though it's just what's generally acceptable in the game and what is not! All for some colour and atmosphere that adds to a major for sure! But a few individuals belting out a few lines suggests a few kids trying to get on tv and 5 minutes of fame! Of course it can be overlooked! But there are two issues here the enjoyment of the other spectators some in the picture looked like they were wincing! It is unfortunate for them to be honest, also and most importantly the player Murray will no doubt hit some fine applause worthy shots in any given match! With that in mind it is crucial that in his matches he remains the focus of attention not his cheerleaders.
You can't even agree with yourself AK400.
How dare you be so insulting as to call A N D Y a "few kids" and then dispute their motives? On MW too!

When challenged you change your standpoint, or modify your arguments. Look at what you're communicating to the Forum and who are your "target" individual(s).

Regarding spectators causing distractions/disruption it's a bigger problem with the ones that don't know when to come and go, dont sit down when told, use flashes and won't be quite at start of play.

Now that IS irritating for fans and very unsettling for the players.

Did anyone see the Baghdatis vs Warwrinka match?
The Cypriot/Aussie fans were very vociferous and really caused disruption which created an argument between MB & SW. The umpire couldnt deal with it and one guy was finally led out by security.

Make that problem your new crusade, but leave MURRAY fans well alone.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #424 on: January 20, 2012, 02:38 PM »

How DARE anyone be a passionate fan of Andy Murray when Roger Federer is around & should be the one that everyone must be obsessed with. He is after all the greatest player of all time isn't he?  pray
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #425 on: January 20, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Watching the highlights this morning on Eurosport of the Frauderer game and there was a Frauderer fan with a nappy on his head with the Swiss flag drawn on it - now if that is not looking for your five minutes of fame when the camera pans across the crowd the. I don't know what it!!!!  Maybe that fan better keep a hold of the nappy cos there a fair chance that he is gonna need it in the next round, the whole crowd is going to be behind young Tomic not an easy environment.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #426 on: January 20, 2012, 02:53 PM »

Tweet from Pseudofed
"A fan asked Me who I would ban. I would ban left handed players, those that don't eat gluten and those who are coached by Ivan Lendl #+top10"
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #427 on: January 20, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Watching the highlights this morning on Eurosport of the Frauderer game and there was a Frauderer fan with a nappy on his head with the Swiss flag drawn on it - now if that is not looking for your five minutes of fame when the camera pans across the crowd the. I don't know what it!!!!  Maybe that fan better keep a hold of the nappy cos there a fair chance that he is gonna need it in the next round, the whole crowd is going to be behind young Tomic not an easy environment.

w00t I dont know what you can mean Whistle

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #428 on: January 20, 2012, 03:04 PM »

Andy's return game has been poor by his usual standards so far so hopefully it will pick up tomorrow.

Llodra has that big leftie serve out wide that Andy's two handed backhand will love don't see any real problems there.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #429 on: January 20, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Alright mate.

We support other players too, not just Murray. I could easily get 5 minutes of fame doing other things. We do this because we love Andy and we all enjoy tennis.

Not one of our chants has lyrics relating to us, they are all directed entirely towards Andy & the players. From what we hear at the stadiums, our chants get a good reception with people clapping along and laughing/smiling etc.

Judy has thanked us, so has Lou & coaching staff, for the support we give. We don't want the focus on us because our focus is on Andy.

Theres too many people who support players but just go along with the crowd, I like to think we are something different and give Andy something else when he is playing.

What nice young fellow's yay yay yay clap clap clap
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #430 on: January 20, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Tweet from Pseudofed
"A fan asked Me who I would ban. I would ban left handed players, those that don't eat gluten and those who are coached by Ivan Lendl #+top10"
roflmao Oh.. you forgot, a  certain French player Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #431 on: January 20, 2012, 04:32 PM »

lmao Nice one MM!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #432 on: January 20, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Does anyone else that Jamie is standing 2 rows in front of Andy's Boys in the 3rd photo?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #433 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45 PM »

I see Pete Bodo has picked Andy for the title, too. That's along with Wilander and Brad Gilbert. Illustrious backing.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #434 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00 PM »

When my mum and I went to see Andy play last year in Toronto, we were decked out in everything Scottish you could imagine...I also had my Scottish flag (which he kindly signed for me hug) and my Scottish umbrella (for shade).
I did all this so Andy could see we were Scottish, and were there to support him personally.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »