Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Australian Open 2012

(Read 11223 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 01:13 PM »

what time is the draw at tonight? Is it being streamed?
Its 10.00 am Local (EDT) time and thats 00.00 CET for me and I guess 23.00 in UK.

Dont know if its streamed but it will be posted on the internet 1 hr later.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 01:16 PM »

The Qualies are posted:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/qs/index.html
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Very Happy
Ready to go!!

http://p.twimg.com/Ai7jQzLCIAA7gqQ.jpg:large

I'm hoping that link works. Smile
Strewth... looks foggy in Melbourne. Wink
No worries mate..my eyes will be peeled for you..
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Ready to go!!

http://p.twimg.com/Ai7jQzLCIAA7gqQ.jpg:large

I'm hoping that link works. Smile

yay yay cmon yeah cmon yeah clap
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 03:11 PM »

Its 10.00 am Local (EDT) time and thats 00.00 CET for me and I guess 23.00 in UK.

Thanks for the info, fingers crossed it's a kind draw! Although I'd be confident against most players in the draw it's important Andy doesn't land 2 or 3 tricky players in a row, i think it's always crucial to have at least one or two straightforward matches on the way through to preserve energy a bit. Here's the ones I'd like to avoid -
R1 / R2 Youzhny / Tomic / Kohlschreiber / Ward (I don't think the media circus around this tie would be very helpful to either player)
R3 Isner / Raonic / Wawrinka
R4 Del Potro / Tipsarevic
QF Berdych / Tsonga
SF Djokovic

If Andy avoids most of them I'll be over the moon, here's hoping for one of those jammy draws that Federer usually gets at the slams!!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 04:33 PM »

I seem to remember the draw being streamed in the past few years.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Wawrinka does not seem to be the force he was 2 years ago.
Raonic could be tricky.
Del Potro, normally very tricky!! but what happend to him last night, Boggy beat him in 2 sets.
Berdych is a bogie man! But Andy should be well in the swing by the time they would meet. Tsonga (I like him) could be number 5 this year, but I think he has a block against Andy. I know he beat Andy first round at AO was it 08, but Andy was taken by surprise and Andy has won all there subsequent encounters.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Thanks for the info, fingers crossed it's a kind draw! Although I'd be confident against most players in the draw it's important Andy doesn't land 2 or 3 tricky players in a row, i think it's always crucial to have at least one or two straightforward matches on the way through to preserve energy a bit. Here's the ones I'd like to avoid -
R1 / R2 Youzhny / Tomic / Kohlschreiber / Ward (I don't think the media circus around this tie would be very helpful to either player)
R3 Isner / Raonic / Wawrinka
R4 Del Potro / Tipsarevic
QF Berdych / Tsonga
SF Djokovic

If Andy avoids most of them I'll be over the moon, here's hoping for one of those jammy draws that Federer usually gets at the slams!!
Yep - pretty much agree.  Might prefer to avoid Haase as well cos he's a very irritating player to be up against.  Hope Ward gets that far but did well today - must have maybe 2 more matches to play.  Yep - Warwinka on way down.

Must be interesting what the top 4 are thinking - they're probably not all because you can only play who you're up against next but if, they all get to the semis, I think:

Andy will prefer Rafa, then Smugfed in final
Rafa will prefer Andy, then Smugfed
Nole will prefer Rafa, then Smugfed
Smugfed will prefer Rafa then Andy

If Nole is on top form, nobody will want to play him but te player Nole will least want to play is Andy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Seen we are on the subject of the AO – here are my hopes for Andy:-

●  I want him to play well but efficiently and effectively in the opening rounds thereby conserving energy for the second week.

●  I want him to continue with this potent mix of defence and attack minded tennis which proved so beneficial in Brisbane.

●  I really hope that he can maintain his high service percentage because when he is serving at 60 -70% he wins so many cheap points and avoids the need to put extra miles on the legs.

●  I really hope that “Mr Lendl” in the short space of time will be able to give him some valuable pointers about getting through a 2 week GS tournament.

●  I really hope that Andy believes in himself and his abilities as other professionals and all his fans do.  I know people sometimes think that he lacks that killer touch – I don’t think he does, he is driven to succeed, I think what sometimes gets in the way is his genuine humility (I use the word genuine which I definitely would not use for other players!!) he comes across as a modest, sincere, down to earth decent young bloke – all of these attributes are probably why he has a massive fan base and why here on MW he has such a loyal “fanatical” fan base !!

●  I really hope the media do not get on his back if things don’t go according to plan at the AO – it will take much more than a few days with “Mr Lendl” for things to take effect.  However, Andy is very much a “confidence player” and he appears happy with the decision he has made to add to his team and the fact he is openly happy and confident can only bode well.

●  Last but not least I hope Andy can stay fit and healthy for this tournament

And my one last hope and something that I think would see MW awash with emotions and tears would be to see him crowned the AO champion – we all know he can do it, we all know he has the ability and talent to do it, we all know he works really hard to achieve it, Andy just needs to believe that too – I think “Mr Lendl” believes or else I don’t think he would have taken the job on !!!!

Can’t wait for next Monday – am hoping that the “Murraycoaster” this year will be confined to the “Kiddies Ride”  i.e. there will be no massive “ups and downs” only wee ones !!!!

Come on Andy believe – cos we all do.

as ever MM you sum it up so well

And good news re Baggy.  I do like him and I hope he's punctured delpo's confidence a bit coming into AO as he could be a threat to OA (our Andy) as he soars up the rankings again even though Andy has generally got his number in the past.  yay
[ Last edit by Ruthie January 12, 2012, 05:17 PM ] IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 06:11 PM »

I really don't think Fed can win another grand slam.  The guys at the top have learned that when they are on their game Fed can no longer sustain it for 5 sets the way he used to, he starts making lots of forehand errors, and actually seems to suffer something of a crisis of confidence.  His ranking is only inflated because of the late season when the other three were all injured/fatigued.  But for that Andy would be #3 and closing on Nadal.

Nadal has sounded unbelievably downbeat in interviews and all the evidence from late season and this is that the guy is really struggling.  I have no doubt Rafa will turn up and try his best right to the end.  He is the player in the top three I have the most respect for because you know he is genuinely such a nice guy.  I just can't see him winning.  It could be last year all over again where he makes it as far as the QF and his body just fails him.  Andy desperately wants to be on Rafa's side of the draw.

If that happens I am certain Andy will reach the final again. I have no doubts about that.  Last years slam performance was frustrating, mainly because Nadal was immense against him in all three semi-finals, even allowing for the chance he had at Wimby.  But the encouraging thing was he beat everyone else, he seems to have grown into these tournaments more.  All that is missing is the final step.

The only play I fear for Andy a little bit with is Berdych.  I think he is the only one that realistically could beat Andy outside the top three.  So if he can avoid him again all the better.

Nole is the one we need to watch out for, and it hard to assess him because he has played so little this year.  Is his shoulder still a problem? Will he be able to sustain last years immense level?  You know what I actually believe Andy can beat Nole at his absolute best.  I genuinely believe that, as I feel when Andy is really with it he gets into Nole's mind quite a bit.

Going to be a great tournament as always, but I can't see anyone but Andy or Nole winning here.  I'd expect Ferrer and Tsonga to have good tournaments, but winning is beyond them.

On the womens side I think Radwanska (A.), could well do it!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47 PM »

I have no doubt Rafa will turn up and try his best right to the end.
Unfortunately, I have found I can never discount Rafa....there's always a lot of down-playing from his camp (aka Uncle Toni) 

The only play I fear for Andy a little bit with is Berdych..
 I'd usually agree with you.. but Berdych has been beaten the past 2 days in a row by Tomic and Roddick.. and I think Andy will be FIERCE next time he meets him.

.. when Andy is really with it he gets into Nole's mind quite a bit.
No matter what happens.. I truly believe the future is Murray/Djokovic.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 07:14 PM »

I agree with all you said 'scotsgeek28'
As I've said Berdych is Andy's bogie man. Another player outside the top three would be Del Potro who showed signs of getting back to his 2009 level, but I just don't know what happened last night when he was beaten soundly by Baggy. No disrespect to Baggy, I hope he goes on to win the tournament.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Berdych can be dangerous.. but he can disappoint.. mentally .. good shot maker and that... but if Andy played him at the AO..Im sure Andy would crush him like a bug  cmon yeah
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37 PM »

I want Andy to be in Novaks half.
It means he'll meet him in the semi final instead of the final so there is much less chance of Andy doing his tournament choking thing although hopefully and probably Lendl will help him there.
I'm going to be daring and say that neither Roger or Rafa are getting to the final this time; both shall be taken care of by the semis at the very latest.
Unless something strange happens, which is not an impossibility with Andy Id say it's an almost certainty that either Novak or Andy shall be playing whoever in the final (& a good chance each other). And if it's Novak he shall win and if it's Andy well I'm feeling positive about his chances at least.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50 PM »

Are Sky showing the Aussie open this year?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »