Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Australian Open 2012

(Read 10559 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 03:37 PM »

It looks as if Mr.Lendl and Andy are putting in the hard work on the Melborne courts and according to Neil Harman they are getting on very well. I just feel that Andy is going to do well at the GS and he will not wilt in the Final. I'm praying for a good draw and Andy building up as he did in Brisbane. He seemed to have had everything in control in his last three matches once he had got rid of the niggles and was able to move freely. Mark W one of the Comms of the Final at Brisbane after seeing the way Andy was playing he has Andy as his favourite.
Also more and more ex players are saying they think having Lendl as his coach will benefit Andy, the latest McEnroe, Pat Cash and Greg R. Change of heart of the last two.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32 PM »

What we need is for him to make the final and then face a Simon or a Berdych. Look at Federer, Nadal and Novak's first-time slam opponents - Philippoussis, Puerta and Tsonga. Compare that to Andy's first 3 - Fed, Fed and Nole.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Getting some practice at Rod Laver Arena with Mr Lendl :

* andy practicing at Rod Laver Arena.jpg (70.3 KB, 640x480 - viewed 395 times.)
[ Last edit by scotnadian January 10, 2012, 04:52 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53 PM »

MM: I've come over all emotional with your post clap
scotnandian: I just can't get enough of Mr Lendl Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:56 PM »

A better picture:

* Andy & Mr Lendl.jpg (55.93 KB, 600x900 - viewed 70 times.)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Oh joy of joys!... I found a short video of him practicing (and being coached!!)  He's hitting with Ricardas (Richard) Berankis of Lithuania.
(Maybe I should have put it under 'videos?') Shrug
http://media.theage.com.au/sport/sports-hq/raw-vision-andy-murrays-warm-up-2883729.html
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 06:09 PM »

I still have to do a double take when I see Lendl with Andy.
I don't believe this is anything like the Connors/Roddick situation.
The match up when you take into account what Andy needs to do and where he needs to get to....Couldn't be more perfect!
Even if it's only half as successful as we hope it to be shall surely reap benefits.
I think he's ready for this kind of Coach too and it must bea relief for him to haven't sorted out & also someone that can relate exactly to what he's going through in his corner. Can't wait for the AO!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Er 'be a' and 'have it' sorry.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 01:24 AM »

I think I read somewhere else on here some of you won't be able to watch on the TV.. something to do with a 'red button' or something... sorry, haven't a clue what that is.. Shrug
Anyhoo.. fyi there is a live feed on the actual website.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/index.html
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 02:05 AM »

I think I read somewhere else on here some of you won't be able to watch on the TV.. something to do with a 'red button' or something... sorry, haven't a clue what that is.. Shrug
Anyhoo.. fyi there is a live feed on the actual website.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/index.html

Install this software and you can watch all 8 show courts on ESPN3 http://unblock-us.com/

Have been using this for the past 8 months and works a treat.

If you need any help just ask but in the process off making a tutorial on youtube . hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 04:07 AM »

Hi there all - does anyone know when the actual draw foer the AO is scheduled?

Thanks in advance and here's to Andy going all the way!!

The 2012 Australian Open official draw ceremony takes place at 10am (Melbourne time) on Friday 13 January and the full draws should be made available on the Internet about an hour later.

http://www.oncourtadvantage.com/grand-slams-australian-open/australian-open-2012-mens-schedule-of-play/

This is one of the questions on the site:-

can anybody give me their best (educated) guess as to which semi final Roger Federer would be seeded to feature in. Either the thurs 26th one or fri 27th affair…..

Wonder if this is our friend AK Whistle

Oh, link to world clock if anyone needs to work out time where they are:-

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25 AM »

What we need is for him to make the final and then face a Simon or a Berdych. Look at Federer, Nadal and Novak's first-time slam opponents - Philippoussis, Puerta and Tsonga. Compare that to Andy's first 3 - Fed, Fed and Nole.

That has got to be the most objective and fairest compariason of Andys previous attempts to take a GS crown I have ever read.

In comparison, Andy has had a mountain to climb each slam. Andy acknowledges he has to overcome the big three currently playing, two of which have been dominant several years running.

Unfortunately I dont think he will be so lucky. He'll have to do this the hard way by facing one of the aforementioned, unless one or more make an surprising and untimely exit.

The flip side of that is it will be all the more credit to Andy, having vanquished the perceived "invincibles". Not that his crtics will ever admit that!
[ Last edit by lashurst January 11, 2012, 09:30 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 06:07 PM »

That has got to be the most objective and fairest compariason of Andys previous attempts to take a GS crown I have ever read.

In comparison, Andy has had a mountain to climb each slam. Andy acknowledges he has to overcome the big three currently playing, two of which have been dominant several years running.

Unfortunately I dont think he will be so lucky. He'll have to do this the hard way by facing one of the aforementioned, unless one or more make an surprising and untimely exit.

The flip side of that is it will be all the more credit to Andy, having vanquished the perceived "invincibles". Not that his crtics will ever admit that!

Actually quite a few have talked about this before including myself. But it's not going to happen. One of the top three are more than likely to make the final and Andy will have to go through at least one of them. The odds are too big at the moment since all of them are playing very well. Nadal maybe failing to Novak but against Andy, he's still managing the goods. Some people just have it the hardest way and our Andy is unfortunatley one of them. I mean look at the history of this country and the burden Andy's carrying as a result. He's almost the scapegoat for it. Is it any fair? No - But it is what it is.

Though fortunately, AO is not one of Nadal's best events so there's some hope, but there's also a chance of Andy falling on the other half for the first time in years. I mean who knows. In that case, he may just have to face either Nole or Federer.
might and that's not an easy task either. So either way, it's pretty tight.

Anyway, we really need to take 1 match at time and not at all focus on anything else. So whoever is up first against Andy is now our enemy and we need to only worry about that player. No need to go any further than that.

I found a post of mine I wrote back in March last year on the other forum right after Lendl announced his interest in coaching Andy and I can see that I was in favour of it and secretly hoped for Andy to approach Lendl. Though I am sure I never really thought that it was actually going to happen given Lendl's high profile status as a player and his lack of coaching anyone at all and also, it felt like an impossible scenario/task given Andy's own independent nature and ‘do it all by myself’ attitude. Clearly towards the end of last year, he didn’t think it was enough and was willing to sacrifice the freedom he had and adored. I even remember an article I read somewhere right after the USO where he said that he had sat down with his team and told them that it was time to get serious and about time they brought something/someone new to the table. Someone with much more experience. I really think that was the time they’d decided to go with Lendl and approached him. Time will tell of course how it all turns out in the end. I really see it as a win/win situation.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 06:45 PM »

I found a post of mine I wrote back in March last year on the other forum right after Lendl announced his interest in coaching Andy and I can see that I was in favour of it.......
Glad he listened to you Emma.. yes

I even remember an article I read somewhere right after the USO where he said that he had sat down with his team and told them that it was time to get serious...

Yeah.. I remember that... just wish he'd been more 'serious' before if he wasn't...
I also remember him making a comment last year, something along the lines of talking about tennis was 'boring'.. and at the time I thought that was an odd thing to say.
Oh Andy... we do love you...now DO IT!  clapping
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Install this software and you can watch all 8 show courts on ESPN3 http://unblock-us.com/

Have been using this for the past 8 months and works a treat.

If you need any help just ask but in the process off making a tutorial on youtube . hug
Thanks for the info Craig.. I'll look into that.  Good luck with the youtube.. you going to be famous?... shades
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »