Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy at Australian Open 2012

(Read 10921 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #405 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29 AM »

Surely they're just copying Andy's boys?  Yes you have become an institution acknowledged even by the BBC so I'm sure you'll get picked up by the media when you come to Wimbledon and help shake it up and give a lesson to the English about the kind of devoted supporters Andy has the other side of the world.  Btw are you going to get together with the M U R R A Y lads some time?

I saw these guys at an Andy match in 2010 and they were at a Djokovic match with his name on their shirts another day.  I'm sure that the Andy boys were there too.  I'm checking through my photos now.

* SDC11405.JPG (251.9 KB, 730x548 - viewed 204 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #406 on: January 20, 2012, 09:36 AM »

Yep, found them!

* SDC11410.JPG (483.8 KB, 1095x821 - viewed 29 times.)

* SDC11422.JPG (579.35 KB, 1095x821 - viewed 25 times.)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #407 on: January 20, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Yep, found them!
Nice photos Bev.
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #408 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Dear AussieAndyFan.. just when my hubby thinks I am losing-the-plot by being such an Andy Supporter, I tell him about you: the 'Y-GUY'  in A-N-D-Y on the forum I log onto each day... then I think he begins to understand I'm not the only Andy supporter after all....
Thank you for keeping it real.. always look for you on the telly (and have seen you many times)
I just know Andy relishes your support.. good to see your picture with Judy.
Please keep it up you and your lads! jumping-w00t

Thankyou very much! Means a lot! Smile

Y.R.U.Y.N.O.T.A.N.D.?
Not quite sure! At first I think I was quite happy to go with the flow and wear any letter and now I wouldn't swap it!

Surely they're just copying Andy's boys?  Yes you have become an institution acknowledged even by the BBC so I'm sure you'll get picked up by the media when you come to Wimbledon and help shake it up and give a lesson to the English about the kind of devoted supporters Andy has the other side of the world.  Btw are you going to get together with the M U R R A Y lads some time?

Those MURRAY blokes said there were up from Tasmania and they were only there for a few days. Would be good to see them again though!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #409 on: January 20, 2012, 09:58 AM »

Shane, you look like you had a bit of blonde hair in my photo - that was you then?
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #410 on: January 20, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Shane, you look like you had a bit of blonde hair in my photo - that was you then?

Yeah, I've had blonde hair for the last 5ish years but decided to just go back to my natural brown a couple of months ago.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #411 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39 AM »

You're right, you cannot comment.

I presume, however, that you disapprove of those who paint their faces with Swiss flags and wave nauseating signs around at televised Federer matches. Do they think Roger can read them from the court? Is that less attention seeking than a few lads vocally trying to encourage their favourite player?

Look I mean obviously at the majors we see the Swiss flags, Spanish Flags stars and stripe and the Union jack and various other flags thats fine I mean fans getting behind their player adding some colour to the event.

A few flags and bringing some colour to the event is well and good, a gew guys standing up, and singing Day 1 X factor style, is probably more debatable at a major tennis event.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #412 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Yeah, I've had blonde hair for the last 5ish years but decided to just go back to my natural brown a couple of months ago.

goodjob

Re someone's other post Rolling Eyes  Don't they understand that you like to have fun in Australia?  That dressing up probably means putting a t-shirt on with your shorts and possibly wearing something on your feet? 
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #413 on: January 20, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Look I mean obviously at the majors we see the Swiss flags, Spanish Flags stars and stripe and the Union jack and various other flags thats fine I mean fans getting behind their player adding some colour to the event.

A few flags and bringing some colour to the event is well and good, a few guys standing up, and singing Day 1 X factor style, is probably more debatable at a major tennis event.

Yep, we should all just sit quietly and only offer warm applause.

Come on, it's not like it's just before serves. I welcome a bit of enthusiasm and a carnival atmosphere. Earlier you were accusing them of attention seeking, but then you realised that no-one is more attention seeking than a Frauderer fan with an RF cap. None of the chants are rude or offensive. I guarantee if they were singing for Federer you would have no problem.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #414 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06 PM »

A few flags and bringing some colour to the event is well and good, a gew guys standing up, and singing Day 1 X factor style, is probably more debatable at a major tennis event.

I recommend you write a book entitled:

"AK400's Tennis Fans Guide to Etiquette and Dress Code". That way tennis fans the world over will have your guidlines.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #415 on: January 20, 2012, 12:09 PM »

I see Murray is on Hisense court again

Is anyone else worried about the fact that the other top three have all played on rod Laver courts and murray has yet to experience it this year?

hopefully after playing Llodra he might get at least one game on it before he faces Jokevic (mispelt intended)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #416 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13 PM »

"AK400's Tennis Fans Guide to Etiquette and Dress Code". That way tennis fans the world over will have your guidlines.
lmao
Hopefully will keep said person fully occupied and well away from MW Whistle

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #417 on: January 20, 2012, 12:28 PM »

It isn't really my etiquette though it's just what's generally acceptable in the game and what is not! All for some colour and atmosphere that adds to a major for sure! But a few individuals belting out a few lines suggests a few kids trying to get on tv and 5 minutes of fame! Of course it can be overlooked! But there are two issues here the enjoyment of the other spectators some in the picture looked like they were wincing! It is unfortunate for them to be honest, also and most importantly the player Murray will no doubt hit some fine applause worthy shots in any given match! With that in mind it is crucial that in his matches he remains the focus of attention not his cheerleaders.
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #418 on: January 20, 2012, 12:36 PM »

It isn't really my etiquette though it's just what's generally acceptable in the game and what is not! All for some colour and atmosphere that adds to a major for sure! But a few individuals belting out a few lines suggests a few kids trying to get on tv and 5 minutes of fame! Of course it can be overlooked! But there are two issues here the enjoyment of the other spectators some in the picture looked like they were wincing! It is unfortunate for them to be honest, also and most importantly the player Murray will no doubt hit some fine applause worthy shots in any given match! With that in mind it is crucial that in his matches he remains the focus of attention not his cheerleaders.

Alright mate.

We support other players too, not just Murray. I could easily get 5 minutes of fame doing other things. We do this because we love Andy and we all enjoy tennis.

Not one of our chants has lyrics relating to us, they are all directed entirely towards Andy & the players. From what we hear at the stadiums, our chants get a good reception with people clapping along and laughing/smiling etc.

Judy has thanked us, so has Lou & coaching staff, for the support we give. We don't want the focus on us because our focus is on Andy.

Theres too many people who support players but just go along with the crowd, I like to think we are something different and give Andy something else when he is playing.
[ Last edit by AussieAndyFan January 20, 2012, 12:47 PM ] IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #419 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Alright mate.

We support other players too, not just Murray. I could easily get 5 minutes of fame doing other things. We do this because we like doing it and we all enjoy tennis.

Not one of our chants has lyrics relating to us, they are all directed entirely towards Andy & the players. From what we hear at the stadiums, our chants get a good reception with people clapping along and laughing/smiling etc.

Judy has thanked us, so has Lou & coaching staff, for the support we give. We don't want the focus on us because our focus is on Andy.

Theres too many people who support players but just go along with the crowd, I like to think we are something different and give Andy something else when he is playing.

Thanks for your reply, I have no problem with you or your mates, I'll be honest to me personally it is not what I'd do and maybe it's not what I see apropriate BUT the beauty of the world we live in is that one man's food is another man's poison! So if you guys are happy the people are supportive etc then well good luck to you!

End of the day you are obviously a passionate tennis fan just like me so while we have maybe different approaches to the game our love for tennis is quite a unifying force!

Enjoy the rest of the tournament! And have a beer on me! And make sure you rest those voices so you are ready for tonight Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »