Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Australian Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy at Australian Open 2012  (Read 9721 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #435 on: January 20, 2012, 09:26 PM »

The French DC captain Guy Forget had something positive to say about Andy too:

"Forget flagged Britain's Murray as the player to watch this year and conceded it would be tough for Llodra to beat him in the third round on Saturday. In fact, all six French players are in Murray's half of the draw."

Great so many are tipping him to do well!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #436 on: January 21, 2012, 12:55 AM »

I see Pete Bodo has picked Andy for the title, too. That's along with Wilander and Brad Gilbert. Illustrious backing.

......  and Johnny Mac too!  Nice as it is, I wish they wouldn't - I'd much rather he came in under the radar much as Berdych is doing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #437 on: January 21, 2012, 01:23 AM »

......  and Johnny Mac too!  Nice as it is, I wish they wouldn't - I'd much rather he came in under the radar much as Berdych is doing.
I agree Alis.  All these predictions make me feel uneasy, like they're tempting fate.  Bit surprised at Mac though.  Seems to have changed his tune since he last spoke about Andy's chances.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #438 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30 AM »

Yep, we should all just sit quietly and only offer warm applause.

Come on, it's not like it's just before serves. I welcome a bit of enthusiasm and a carnival atmosphere. Earlier you were accusing them of attention seeking, but then you realised that no-one is more attention seeking than a Frauderer fan with an RF cap. None of the chants are rude or offensive. I guarantee if they were singing for Federer you would have no problem.

I remember watching a Barca v Basel match a few years ago.  It was in Switzerland and Federer was in the crowd.  He was shown on TV a few times.  At one point the commentator said how difficult it must be for Roger to do the normal things that we take for granted - namely attending a football match without being recognised.  I remember thinking ...

1. He's in bloody Switzerland.  Hardly surprising that he should be recognised in his home country.
2. If he's not keen on attracting attention then he should take the bloody RF hat off - yes, he was wearing it. If anything, I think he was ensuring that he was recognised.

I remember being behind 2 Federer fans at the Paris masters.  I don't think they had anything on that was not covered in RF or the Swiss flag. They also had the nauseating signs that Fed fans are famous for.  I swear he provides them.

I think the A N D Y guys are fantastic.  The aussies who were in the crowd during the Murray v Gasquet match a few years ago were amazing.  They put some of the British fans to shame.  The more support Andy has in Australia the better.
[ Last edit by IonaRed January 21, 2012, 03:44 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #439 on: January 21, 2012, 01:39 AM »

Have at look at this - Fed's official website http://www.rogerfederer.com/en.html   Says it all really.  And a Guestbook too.  Oh my! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #440 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Have at look at this - Fed's official website http://www.rogerfederer.com/en.html   Says it all really.  And a Guestbook too.  Oh my! Rolling Eyes
I know what you're getting at Aileen, his smugness is off putting. However, his website is good for his fans.  In comparision Andy's is awful, to be complementary.

The famous FED with his thousands of followers will its self increases the need for a good website. Its making money too!
Not so stupid either.

To give him some praise for his off court activities, he has started a foundation for kids in the 3rd world. That is good, but I dont like his arrogance, never will.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #441 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09 PM »

......  and Johnny Mac too!  Nice as it is, I wish they wouldn't - I'd much rather he came in under the radar much as Berdych is doing.

My problem is that I can see him edging Djokovic... in a five-set, six-hour classic in 42-degree heat. Meanwhile, Rafa's shoulder gives out in the other semi against Fed... need I continue?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #442 on: January 21, 2012, 04:13 PM »

My problem is that I can see him edging Djokovic... in a five-set, six-hour classic in 42-degree heat. Meanwhile, Rafa's shoulder gives out in the other semi against Fed... need I continue?
No, not in a 5 set grinder I can't either. However, playing aggressively and coming forward to the net all the time, why certainly I can. Andy is a natural at the net. Novak isn't. Andy must be bold and you know what they say about "fortune" and "the bold."
In fact, if I may be so bold, I'd say Andy has a better chance of beating Novak than Rafa has.
But hey! One march at a time.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #443 on: January 21, 2012, 04:41 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jan/20/australian-open-2012-federer-nadal

Skim through this as quickly as possible till you get to the bit about Andy. Journo has quoted Cahill and Lendl tweeting each other about Andy. Nice clap
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #444 on: January 21, 2012, 04:54 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jan/20/australian-open-2012-federer-nadal

Skim through this as quickly as possible till you get to the bit about Andy. Journo has quoted Cahill and Lendl tweeting each other about Andy. Nice clap
good old Kev.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #445 on: January 21, 2012, 05:06 PM »

No, not in a 5 set grinder I can't either. However, playing aggressively and coming forward to the net all the time, why certainly I can. Andy is a natural at the net. Novak isn't. Andy must be bold and you know what they say about "fortune" and "the bold."
In fact, if I may be so bold, I'd say Andy has a better chance of beating Novak than Rafa has.
But hey! One march at a time.

No, BBH, not as a constant tactic. Perpetual net-rushing can be just as tiring as baseline grinding. Andy, while competent at the net, has never used it as anything more than a surprise tactic. If he beats the Djoker, he does it by varying the play from the backcourt with occasional forays to the net.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #446 on: January 21, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Didn't mean constant, meant as surprise tactic but also breaking up the grind eg today Andy was doing S and v and also coming forward all the time. Nice Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #447 on: January 21, 2012, 06:52 PM »

As Andy is so good at the net I think he should come forward more - and then he'll become better still and so starts a virtuous circle.  Of course it's part of mixing it up but do believe it can be a bigger part than it's been in the past.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #448 on: January 22, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Del Potro has been slipping under the radar so far with (thanks to Fish going out early) an easy run to the quarters. However, how will he do against the Fed. Should be a good match. Fed should at least get pushed into a fourth set. Or there could be an upset!! fingers crossed.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Andy at Australian Open 2012 « Reply #449 on: January 23, 2012, 06:51 AM »

Nishikori to do what Dolgopolov did last year and take out Tsonga Whistle

Called it Smile

Great draw in the end.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »