Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 32 (97%)
Murray in 4 - 1 (3%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 3 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 4 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot

(Read 7439 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #375 on: January 16, 2014, 02:38 PM »

Like some others have reported, I try not to get involved in the forum during matches these days.    Firstly, it distracts from watching the telly, and secondly, I can get pretty wound up by some of the negativity which is the last thing I need when all is not going to plan on court.

I come back to the forum afterwards.

Just my choice.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.  I was tremendously impressed by the way he gave himself a shake and took the third by the scruff of the neck, as it were.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #376 on: January 16, 2014, 02:41 PM »

Missed the match but pleased with the score. That's almost a golden set within a set. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #377 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56 PM »

Just finished watching tape.
O...M...G..!

Stupid coverage was all over the place, only showed a couple of games in the 1st and 2nd, so when it returned for the 3rd and I saw the score at 6-2, 6-2, I was thinking.. well, good stuff, Andy.

But then...  shocking
He went and took his foot right off the gas and was getting well pissed off at himself. Forehand was yikes. When he was 1-5 down, I could see that look in his eye, his chin jut, shoulders back and chest puffed out.. and some very long looks to Millot. I knew then The Champ was back in the house.

24 straight points in a row I think?  Spartan! 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #378 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10 PM »

That's the kind of performance that I expected him to play in the first round.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #379 on: January 16, 2014, 03:18 PM »

Yes he won and that is the main thing. Hope no damage to his back he has to take it slowly. Del Potro out Aguat deserved his win.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #380 on: January 16, 2014, 03:49 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some people on here are ridiculous.

Are any of you sports fans at all out of supporting Andy? Negativity is a common trait amongst a lot of sports fans, not all, but a lot. It's a way some sports fans cope with things when their favourite player. By no means are people doing it in a demeaning manner, it's just a natural trait of many people and it is there right to act that way.

People also have the right to comment on how Andy's game, be it bad, or good. How boring would the site be if all we were allowed to do is comment on the good things all the time and agree in unison?

It's getting tedious now, it's the same after every match. "negative comments this, negative comments that". It's fun to see that those fans who's nature it is to react in a negative way are being harshly picked up on for it.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #381 on: January 16, 2014, 03:55 PM »

I personally think that last set is exactly what Murray needed, he might have got his competitive edge back in those last 23 points. We all know he thrives on competition and he might have been bored stiff in the first 2 sets. I think he's now very into this tournament and can only see him getting better.

He's playing someone next he's familiar with, which will help him and the weather is supposed to be cooler come the weekend, if he gets through that he will face a lucky loser (i think)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #382 on: January 16, 2014, 03:59 PM »

@Prod
So why did u tell Aileen to "Be quiet" when she said she found JJ irritating? People surely have the same "right" to be negative about him?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #383 on: January 16, 2014, 04:00 PM »

I personally think that last set is exactly what Murray needed, he might have got his competitive edge back in those last 23 points. We all know he thrives on competition and he might have been bored stiff in the first 2 sets. I think he's now very into this tournament and can only see him getting better.

He's playing someone next he's familiar with, which will help him and the weather is supposed to be cooler come the weekend, if he gets through that he will face a lucky loser (i think)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some people on here are ridiculous.

Are any of you sports fans at all out of supporting Andy? Negativity is a common trait amongst a lot of sports fans, not all, but a lot. It's a way some sports fans cope with things when their favourite player. By no means are people doing it in a demeaning manner, it's just a natural trait of many people and it is there right to act that way.

People also have the right to comment on how Andy's game, be it bad, or good. How boring would the site be if all we were allowed to do is comment on the good things all the time and agree in unison?

It's getting tedious now, it's the same after every match. "negative comments this, negative comments that". It's fun to see that those fans who's nature it is to react in a negative way are being harshly picked up on for it.

Brilliant posts, I agree Gnome, that will prepare Andy for the mental battles ahead, particularly in the later rounds.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #384 on: January 16, 2014, 04:01 PM »

@Prod
So why did u tell Aileen to "Be quiet" when she said she found JJ irritating? People surely have the same "right" to be negative about him?

He stated it was a joke. Please stop looking for a fight. You and a few others ganging up on him yesterday was appauling and I'm not the only one with this view. I've already shared my opinions with another involved so you're not the only one.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #385 on: January 16, 2014, 04:04 PM »

@Prod

That was a joke to Aileen because I know she can take jokes.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #386 on: January 16, 2014, 04:05 PM »

Like some others have reported, I try not to get involved in the forum during matches these days.    Firstly, it distracts from watching the telly, and secondly, I can get pretty wound up by some of the negativity which is the last thing I need when all is not going to plan on court.

I come back to the forum afterwards.

Just my choice.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.  I was tremendously impressed by the way he gave himself a shake and took the third by the scruff of the neck, as it were.
mp I too have stopped coming on MW during matches and sounds like that once again it was a good decision. 

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #387 on: January 16, 2014, 04:12 PM »

Andy will have his work cut out against Lopez. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #388 on: January 16, 2014, 04:22 PM »

Just finished watching tape.
O...M...G..!

Stupid coverage was all over the place, only showed a couple of games in the 1st and 2nd, so when it returned for the 3rd and I saw the score at 6-2, 6-2, I was thinking.. well, good stuff, Andy.

But then...  shocking
He went and took his foot right off the gas and was getting well pissed off at himself. Forehand was yikes. When he was 1-5 down, I could see that look in his eye, his chin jut, shoulders back and chest puffed out.. and some very long looks to Millot. I knew then The Champ was back in the house.

24 straight points in a row I think?  Spartan!  

Think Millots constant fist pumping was getting to Andy and we all know what happens when you upset him. lol

I do think Andy dug himself the hole in the third set by maybe underestimating his opponent. He admitted himself he was surprised by how well the guy started playing. However the way he got himself out of the hole was very impressive.  

Ruthie I to have stopped coming on to MW during a match some of the comments make me more nervous!
[ Last edit by Tessie January 16, 2014, 04:32 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #389 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58 PM »

to be fair not surprising if he underestimated him because he seemed totally out of his depth for most of the first two sets even though he showed he could really hit the ball.  Interesting what Andy said in his pressa about knowing he just had to weather the storm.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »