Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 32 (97%)
Murray in 4 - 1 (3%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 3 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 4 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot

(Read 7046 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #420 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36 PM »

We are only onto R3 and the revolution has begun.
Hurrah!! Bring it on..  w00t 
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #421 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39 PM »

YEs but the circumstances were still different to what they are today.

Lopez troubled him in that USO and he certainly can do it in this AO.

Agree with all of that.    Only objected to your statement that Andy was fully fit at the US Open 2012.     Opinion not fact but stated as a fact.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #422 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43 PM »

I recorded it on Eurosport earlier and just watched. Firsth thing is the Eurosport commentators were UNBELIEVEABLY negative. Half way through the 2nd set I was seriously considering topping myself.

I thought he played pretty well but looked a but rusty. The French boy played well for parts of the match but was ultimately limited. As regards the one point where he held his back and grimaced. Not sure but it didn't seem to bother him thereafter. The commentators on the other hand seemed to think he was going to withdraw from the tournament. Overall good that Andy was tested and it will set him up for his next match.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #423 on: January 16, 2014, 09:49 PM »

^ Funny - I didn't see any of the match, but was sneaking a peek at livescores and thought, by the scores in the first two sets, that it was just another day at the office for Andy.  Was a bit worried looking at the scores in the third, but chuffed he pulled it back.  Just shows you how differently you can view things when not subjected to the views of others!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #424 on: January 16, 2014, 10:16 PM »

Good point Elly!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #425 on: January 16, 2014, 10:17 PM »

Well...well ..the murrayworld postmatch meltdown continues. Some need to refill their chillpill prescriptions.

Imo ...strange match compared to previous round. Atmosphere was subdued for the most part....along with Andy. Luckily the opponent managed to cut his own nose off by waking Andy up in the 3rd set with his antics.

Like all of the top guys Ive watched last few days.... they ALL have periods in the match where they are underperforming. It is only the 2nd round after all! They all play to the level required to win the match.... sometimes it takes a while to figure out what that level needs to be... but the 'champions' all find it. Just like Andy did... like the champion he is.

Dunno what people are going on about with his back during the match.  HE looked in great shape to me. In better shape than I can remember seeing him yrs ago.
[ Last edit by ABF January 16, 2014, 10:25 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #426 on: January 16, 2014, 10:18 PM »

I was worried for a minute when he clutched his back, but then thought it may just have been out of sheer habit......especially when it only happened the once!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #427 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20 PM »

Well...well ..the murrayworld postmatch meltdown continues. Some need to refill their chillpill prescriptions.

Imo ...strange match compared to previous round. Atmosphere was subdued for the most part....along with Andy. Luckily the opponent managed to cut his own nose off by waking Andy up in the 3rd set with his antics.

Like all of the top guys Ive watched last few days.... they ALL have periods in the match where they are underperforming. It is only the 2nd round after all! They all play to the level required to win the match.... sometimes it takes a while to figure out what that level needs to be... but the 'champions' all find it. Just like Andy did... like the champion he is.
Good post ABF!  Wink
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #428 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31 PM »

I don't know about Gangsta but I've certainly done nothing wrong and I am highly offended by you telling me to grow up.

Now hang on Prodigy. You told me to grow up the other day. I gave you the response I felt you deserved and was then accused of condescending sarcasm. Now you are offended because someone has told you to grow up? Something about being able to dish it out but not take it springs to mind.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #429 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32 PM »

Another interesting thing from the press conference was when Andy was asked about winning the 23 points in a row, and how he'd not noticed.  He said he was focused on winning games.   Those sorts of "records" are of little value to him.  He'd much rather get the win.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #430 on: January 16, 2014, 10:34 PM »

Another interesting thing from the press conference was when Andy was asked about winning the 23 points in a row, and how he'd not noticed.  He said he was focused on winning games.   Those sorts of "records" are of little value to him.  He'd much rather get the win.

A champions mindset, it's very encouraging.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #431 on: January 16, 2014, 10:36 PM »

Brilliant advice boogers and I shall ignore them.
I haven't read the whole match thread yet, but I will say this! Anyone who was rubbishing Andy's performance today, should shut their mouth, till they've walked a mile in his shoes. In their dreams of course!  Whistle
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #432 on: January 16, 2014, 10:39 PM »

Andy's in it to win it simple as that. I watched his on court interview he didn't seem unduly worried about what happened in the third set. I think he's playing ok tennis or at least as good as he needs to play for now. I loved it when Sam Smith asked him if he was pleased with how he was playing or words to that effect, and he smiled the way that he does.and his exact words were. I'm here to win the AO.Andy knows what he's doing better than any of us watching. And it maybe that he doesn't win the AO but it sure as hell won't be for want of trying. Andy would never have committed himself to playing if he didn't think that he may be able to win here. And I for one am just glad to see him back playing at the moment even if he doesn't win here he's not far off his best. And he will get back to his winning was real soon. He's too good a player not to. His back injury could have ended his career. Just think how awful that would have been.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #433 on: January 16, 2014, 10:41 PM »

I haven't read the whole match thread yet, but I will say this! Anyone who was rubbishing Andy's performance today, should shut their mouth, till they've walked a mile in his shoes. In their dreams of course!  Whistle

I've walked in Andy's shoes (sort of), I own a pair of Barricades!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #434 on: January 16, 2014, 10:44 PM »

Good posting! As for reading the whole thread ... I wouldn't recommend it, it will end your day on a sour note. Too much sniping. Just go to be happy in the knowledge that Andy is through and we get to see him again - hopefully at a Brit friendly time - on Saturday yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »