Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 32 (97%)
Murray in 4 - 1 (3%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 3 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 4 - 0 (0%)
Millot in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot

(Read 6809 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #435 on: January 16, 2014, 10:45 PM »

I have just been pondering over the fact that Angie has fled the scene of a battle she partly started. How noble. Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #436 on: January 16, 2014, 11:27 PM »

I recorded it on Eurosport earlier and just watched. First thing is the Eurosport commentators were UNBELIEVEABLY negative. Half way through the 2nd set I was seriously considering topping myself.

I thought he played pretty well but looked a but rusty. The French boy played well for parts of the match but was ultimately limited. As regards the one point where he held his back and grimaced. Not sure but it didn't seem to bother him thereafter. The commentators on the other hand seemed to think he was going to withdraw from the tournament. Overall good that Andy was tested and it will set him up for his next match.
I switched the comms off.  The negativity coming from them was worse than some of the stuff on here, including this thread.  The were also obsessed about Andy's back and fitness, which also drove me up the wall.  I had to laugh though when the trainer was called, as they assumed it was for Andy, but instead it was Millot!  Whether his problem was genuine, or whether he was merely trying to upset Andy's rhythm when he was about to serve for the set, is a matter for conjecture, but whatever, Andy just got on with the business of winning.

Maybe he did feel a twinge in his back which, quite understandably, made him feel a bit apprehensive, or maybe it was just the old Andy habit of grabbing himself when he wasn't happy with his performance (and there was a bit of muttering going on), but as it only happened once I think it can be assumed that it really wasn't anything to get concerned about.  The bottom line is that Andy is still a bit rusty, his body and his brain have to get used to playing competitively after a four month lay-off, and he has to learn to trust his back again, and it's this mental aspect that many sportspersons who have been injured find the most difficult when trying to make a comeback.  Andy lived with his problem for about 18 months, probably often working his way round shots in an attempt to keep the pain to a minimum, so, whilst he is, and hopefully will continue to be, pain free, his pattern of thinking needs time to adapt.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #437 on: January 17, 2014, 12:48 AM »

My commies were Darren Cahill and Patrick McEnroe. DC is always very fair and extremely knowledgeable, whereas PM has never had much good to say about Andy. Well.. I've noticed he's been surprisingly complimentary recently. We may have another convert.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #438 on: January 17, 2014, 07:36 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/16/andy-murray-jamie-murray-heatstroke-australian-open

Seems some folk on here were right.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #439 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57 PM »

rare I agree with bignose but spot on about the eurosport comms.  They practically had him back in hospital.
And as the article posted by bbh indicates, it seems Andy's mind was in fact on Jamie  and that does help explain why he didn't seem totally focused for much of the match. 
I've posted a link to an interview with Martina on the Andy at AO thread as she's very interesting on what we can expect of Andy on his return to the game.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #440 on: January 21, 2014, 08:19 PM »

Bye folks I shall be leaving mw. And the above 2 posts are the main reason why.
Five days. roflmao.....eh! welcome back Ang
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #441 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21 PM »

She missed 'the girls'.  Anyway - self-imposed exile never works...  Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #442 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56 PM »

Glad you are back Angie we miss you when you don't post.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #443 on: January 21, 2014, 10:53 PM »

Eyebrow raise.  
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #444 on: January 21, 2014, 10:54 PM »

Glad you are back Angie we miss you when you don't post.

Aww thanks mags  hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R2: Andy Murray vs Vincent Millot « Reply #445 on: January 26, 2014, 11:57 AM »

She missed 'the girls'.  Anyway - self-imposed exile never works...  Very Happy
Well you should know Elly. Whistle  Anyway my exile only last three days. Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »