Andy Murray vs Ivo Karlovic, Monday, Estimated time - 3:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Roger Federer
Poll
WWW?
Murray in 3 - 6 (12%)
Murray in 4 - 25 (50%)
Murray in 5 - 9 (18%)
Federer in 3 - 1 (2%)
Federer in 4 - 6 (12%)
Federer in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 3 (6%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] Reply

Australian Open 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Roger Federer

Ooh touchy. Knock yerself out no one understands it. Whats the point

Ok.
IP Logged

He's been doing that for a while.  I know some people think he's trying to mess with Andy's head by pretending he knows how he feels, but IMO, he's just making excuses for himself.  His usual, not so subtle, comments about how he bravely played through the pain look a bit silly when Andy actually took time off the tour to miss the French, then for surgery.   He  knows the best he can do is try to align himself with Andy, and hope to get people thinking that they are in a similar situation.

I think a lot of the time he is playing head games, especially with Andy. I also sometimes think he is trying to be 'part of the gang' so to speak, so people can think he's being sympathetic and all that. There are other times when I think he just gets a kick out of being a total prat who should keep his gob shut.

The thought of Andy beating him again some time soon fills me with irrational levels of glee!
IP Logged

Ooh touchy. Knock yerself out no one understands it. Whats the point

Hi there Angie.
IP Logged

I expect it costs a fortune and is only available to those who earn a fortune.

I expect it doesn't exist, and doesn't need to exist because Nadal's knee problems don't exist.

Nobody with the knee problems that Nadal's is purported to have had over the years, could play any high impact sport to the level he does. Nadal's knee problems are in my opinion an urban myth - oft reported but with no actual evidence to suggest they have ever existed.

He might well have some signs of osteo arthritis in his joints, but I would expect the same in most players of his age in the upper echalos of the sport.
IP Logged

invisible interesting what you say about most of the crowd being with fed as listening on the radio it sounded like they were supporting Andy but perhaps that's because I couldn't tune in until late in the 3rd set.  Also the radio comms in UK were talking about how much support Andy had.

I guess it seemed mostly for Federer around where I was sitting, but definitely picked up for Andy late in the 3rd set with the crowd wanting the match to keep going.
IP Logged

Couldn't watch this match unfortunately, but so pleased Andy even got to the QF and took a set off Fed. yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] Reply