Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert
Poll
WWW?
Murray in 3 - 28 (90.3%)
Murray in 4 - 3 (9.7%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Reply

Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert

So what happened in the third set?
Andy decided he needed more match-play against the French to prep for Tsonga.
IP Logged

',MON ANDY !
IP Logged

Win the next point andy
IP Logged

c'est la vie
IP Logged

Yes finly
IP Logged

Who would've thought this guy wod be so tough
IP Logged

Thought we might be waiting for matchpoint no 7, but 6 was enough!
IP Logged

He's through! The match has to be good practice for him. Which is to be preferred Fed or Tsonga? I don't want him to lose to Fed , no way!
IP Logged

lol Robert isn't leaving the court
IP Logged

I can't imagine he lost that 3rd set deliberately, but part of me does wonder if he was not too upset to establish  just how his body would hold up to a 4th set before playing one of "the big boys".

Here's hoping Tsonga and Federer beat 7 bells out of each other. Not sure who I want to win. Don't want Federer to win really, but I think a knackered Federer would be an easier proposition than a knackered Tsonga. Would like 5 tough sets either way, (sorry Tsonga but needs must).
[ Last edit by Masaka January 20, 2014, 09:06 AM ] IP Logged

Well it's over now. The business end of the tournament from now on.
IP Logged

Aw that was lovely - two guys from Dunblane in the crowd, Andy's friends apparently.
IP Logged

Yes finly

He got through 2 rounds of qualifying plus 3 main draw matches. Has been on the tour for yonks. Has made a good pay check out of this tournament. Had absolutely nothing to lose. Expected to lose I imagine. So just went out to give it all he'd got. Not surprising he was quite tough to beat.

Note this was in response to your second comment. I have been awake far too long...!!! Did you manage to actually watch the match?
IP Logged

4 am here going to bed, never doubted Andy would win, just wondered if he would have the stamina for a fourth set. Nite all.
IP Logged

Andy said Robert was a 'fun' opponent. lol   Admitted that he'd been tricky to play against because his style is unorthodox. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Reply